Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 01:57 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Warning: This discussion is veering too close to politics and may be closed if it continues, IMO. Knock it off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2023, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
Suffering and persecution are actually what they church needs. It has already been ordered for America.

Suffering and persecution clenses and purifies the church

Send it to us Lord, Send America persecution and suffering for a pure clean church.
This is an asinine post that reveals a very unhealthy spiritual attitude, IMO. This is the kind of destructive crap fostered by fundamentalist ignorance and superstition.

Old 06-20-2023, 02:06 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Warning: This discussion is veering too close to politics and may be closed if it continues, IMO. Knock it off!
I don’t think we will miss it lol

Old 06-20-2023, 02:12 PM

492 posts, read 143,516 times
Quote:
This is an asinine post that reveals a very unhealthy spiritual attitude, IMO. This is the kind of destructive crap fostered by fundamentalist ignorance and superstition.
Why does it disagree with the Jesus Christ of your imagaination?

Suffering and persecution is used repeatedly by God to clense a lazy filthy church.

The Church is not only purified , it will grow.

Study some church history and you will find out. The church grew dramatically in first 300 years.

I could care less that you dislike the post.

I know not the Jesus of your imagaination and I don't want to. Keep him yourself

Old 06-20-2023, 02:39 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,142,399 times
Quote:
Suffering and persecution are actually what they church needs. It has already been ordered for America.

Suffering and persecution clenses and purifies the church

Send it to us Lord, Send America persecution and suffering for a pure clean church.
It's been ordered, huh? By you?

Nothing can cleanse the church. Churches will always be too human and worldly, and push their priorities, not God's.

The way to stay cleansed is to be separate from the church, and keep your hands clean of them. No persecution is needed; it's just a simple matter of being separated. Answer only for yourself. You can't answer for anyone else.

Old 06-20-2023, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Why does it disagree with the Jesus Christ of your imagaination?

Suffering and persecution is used repeatedly by God to clense a lazy filthy church.

The Church is not only purified , it will grow.

Study some church history and you will find out. The church grew dramatically in first 300 years.

I could care less that you dislike the post.

I know not the Jesus of your imagaination and I don't want to. Keep him yourself
I know Jesus. I encountered Him personally and He is nothing like the version you have conjured up in your mind by reading the "whole Bible." Our ignorant primitive ancestors did NOT know God and you are using their ignorance to decide what God is like instead of what Jesus PERSONALLY DID and said on the Cross under excruciating life and death circumstances making it unambiguously revealing of God's True Nature toward us even at our savage brutal WORST! To think He would be any different for any other trivial misdeeds we might do is preposterous. To believe He got so angry with our progenitors because of a single disobedience is BEYOND preposterous. To think He cursed them and their descendants in perpetuity for it is absolutely absurd!

Old 06-20-2023, 10:33 PM

157 posts, read 89,328 times
Quote:
The martyrs of the Church say otherwise, including most of the Apostles that stuck with him to the end. Persecution and suffering is the Christian story, starting with the cross itself.

Quote:
I know Jesus. I encountered Him personally and He is nothing like the version you have conjured up in your mind by reading the "whole Bible." Our ignorant primitive ancestors did NOT know God and you are using their ignorance to decide what God is like instead of what Jesus PERSONALLY DID and said on the Cross under excruciating life and death circumstances making it unambiguously revealing of God's True Nature toward us even at our savage brutal WORST! To think He would be any different for any other trivial misdeeds we might do is preposterous. To believe He got so angry with our progenitors because of a single disobedience is BEYOND preposterous. To think He cursed them and their descendants in perpetuity for it is absolutely absurd!

Please elaborate on your encounter and what you think Jesus taught you. Thank you.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:21 AM

492 posts, read 143,516 times
Quote:
Sure you did. Mystic the imagination is very powerful, like I said, keep the Jesus of your own imagination.

You have no history books or anything to back anything up. Go and find something credible besides your own imagination.

The persecution of the Church has been and will be done. It is inevitable.

It will give the weak hand flush the Lord wants. It will flush out the luke warm folks. Are you luke warm and concerned?

Old 06-21-2023, 04:59 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Let's be perfectly clear on this. There is only one God and one Jesus being discussed in this forum. Any claim, or even an implication, that someone is worshiping some "other" God or Jesus will result in severe penalties. People have different interpretations of many things regarding Christianity, but this forum encompasses all aspects of Christianity, so we have no room for such insults.

Old 06-21-2023, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumined View Post
The martyrs of the Church say otherwise, including most of the Apostles that stuck with him to the end. Persecution and suffering is the Christian story, starting with the cross itself.

Please elaborate on your encounter and what you think Jesus taught you. Thank you.
I would but it might be considered insulting to those who believe otherwise. Mensa has issued a warning and too many people take insults from those who disagree with them about Jesus. I will just repost what I encountered as the "mind of Christ."

Philippians 2:5-30 King James Version
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.

IMO, if you are NOT in those states of mind, you are NOT "in Christ" and are NOT being guided by the Holy Spirit as described, revealed, and demonstrated personally by Jesus on the Cross regardless of what circumstances you are facing! We tend to excuse our state of mind based on what we are facing. I can't imagine any more Spirit-challenging circumstances than what Jesus faced during scourging and crucifixion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity