Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 12:45 PM

251 posts, read 78,087 times

Advertisements

God has great wrath for the unrighteous, ungodly and unrepentant, but great mercy and kindness to those who embrace His beloved Son Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

Romans 1
[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, (NKJV)

Revelation 21
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I [Jesus] am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
[8] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (KJV)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2023, 01:14 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,040,953 times
Yes. God is loving and kind and does save those who trust in Christ.

But get ready for those that will now call you barbaric, or suggest that your view of God is hateful.

Old 07-12-2023, 05:15 PM

4,646 posts, read 1,192,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-07-07 View Post
God has great wrath for the unrighteous, ungodly and unrepentant, but great mercy and kindness to those who embrace His beloved Son Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

Romans 1
[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, (NKJV)

Revelation 21
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I [Jesus] am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
[8] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (KJV)
God simply has great wrath for all sinners Christ didnt die for.

Old 07-12-2023, 05:21 PM

9,693 posts, read 10,030,708 times
God does say long-suffering is a fruit of the spirit, so patience is the key to the righteous to live in a world which is dominated by unrighteous leaders of the countries of the world, as the wrath of God will follow the unrighteous and their influences would be challenging

Old 07-12-2023, 05:24 PM

63,869 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
The would be no one because Christ died for ALL sinners and we are ALL sinners. Besides, as Jesus revealed and demonstrated unambiguously, God has NO WRATH in Him for anyone. The Being you seem to revere and worship is more like Satan. Good luck worshiping Him!!!

Old 07-12-2023, 05:46 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,715,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The would be no one because Christ died for ALL sinners and we are ALL sinners. Besides, as Jesus revealed and demonstrated unambiguously, God has NO WRATH in Him for anyone. The Being you seem to revere and worship is more like Satan. Good luck worshiping Him!!!
It’s all based on there being 3 composed of 2 opposites in one body

It’s not just about the 2 that is so often referred to and contrasted against each other

Left/right - north/south - inner/outer - orthodox/heretic

These all have the same type of duality that the story of Cain/Abel symbolises

Seth is the 3rd

This what Paul is saying in reference to the religious types of allegiance - the Jew/Greek, and the bonded and the free from the bondsman, the male type and female type

The intellectual and the emotional

All these exist together in opposition and unity in a body depending on where they are positioned and what their own purpose is

One Body with Many Members
1Co 12:12**For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13**For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14**For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15**If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16**And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17**If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18**But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19**And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20**But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Mat 10:16**Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Mat 10:17**But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

Old 07-12-2023, 06:11 PM

11,118 posts, read 7,184,815 times
Christ's love, forgiveness, and salvation is tossed out the window here for tired ol' fire-and-brimstone angry God stuff. No, you won't smother Jesus' teachings under a blanket of anger and fury only reserved for God, at his discretion.

Christ wouldn't have come and be relevant if we were just continue the angry God of the Jews and the OT. Maybe you just tear out the Gospels so they don't interfere with the rest?

Old 07-12-2023, 06:32 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,715,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Christ's love, forgiveness, and salvation is tossed out the window here for tired ol' fire-and-brimstone angry God stuff. No, you won't smother Jesus' teachings under a blanket of anger and fury only reserved for God, at his discretion.

Christ wouldn't have come and be relevant if we were just continue the angry God of the Jews and the OT. Maybe you just tear out the Gospels so they don't interfere with the rest?

The gospel is the centre and inner

Old 07-12-2023, 07:10 PM

23,182 posts, read 10,478,178 times
Whats with the red angry face?

Old 07-12-2023, 07:10 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
How do I know if He died for me or if I'm one of the ones God has great wrath for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity