Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2023, 04:32 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,444,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I just saw this video yesterday, and it really affected me in a good way. Thought this seemed the perfect thread to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZW--dZTGuU

It's just a nice thought, that's all.
Made me feel peaceful.
Hope it does the same for someone else out there.

love,
sparrow

Very interesting! This also reminds me in ancient Hebrew, the letters were like pictures. Reading from right to left...

Yod - Picture of the hand or arm

Hey - Picture of a man with arms raised / To Behold

Vav - Picture of a nail or hook

Hey - Picture of a man with arms raised / To Behold

So here it is in God's very name, He's telling us to behold the hand, and behold the nail. Its the perfect imagery of Jesus on the cross! As we know when Jesus rose again, the only wounds He kept were His pierced hands, feet and side.

In modern Hebrew, the letter Hey evolved to look more like a window. So we're basically looking through the window, and from what I've been told, Rabbis consider this letter a mystery. So its a mystery of the hand, a mystery of the nail. To us however, the mystery has been revealed. It is God's grace. So we can read God's name like this........

Hand in Grace, Nailed in Grace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2023, 07:48 PM

995 posts, read 783,847 times
1. The Father’s Name
1:1.1 (22.4) Of all the names by which God the Father is known throughout the universes, those which designate him as the First Source and the Universe Center are most often encountered. The First Father is known by various names in different universes and in different sectors of the same universe. The names which the creature assigns to the Creator are much dependent on the creature’s concept of the Creator. The First Source and Universe Center has never revealed himself by name, only by nature. If we believe that we are the children of this Creator, it is only natural that we should eventually call him Father. But this is the name of our own choosing, and it grows out of the recognition of our personal relationship with the First Source and Center.

1:1.2 (22.5) The Universal Father never imposes any form of arbitrary recognition, formal worship, or slavish service upon the intelligent will creatures of the universes. The evolutionary inhabitants of the worlds of time and space must of themselves—in their own hearts—recognize, love, and voluntarily worship him. The Creator refuses to coerce or compel the submission of the spiritual free wills of his material creatures. The affectionate dedication of the human will to the doing of the Father’s will is man’s choicest gift to God; in fact, such a consecration of creature will constitutes man’s only possible gift of true value to the Paradise Father. In God, man lives, moves, and has his being; there is nothing which man can give to God except this choosing to abide by the Father’s will, and such decisions, effected by the intelligent will creatures of the universes, constitute the reality of that true worship which is so satisfying to the love-dominated nature of the Creator Father.

1:1.3 (22.6) When you have once become truly God-conscious, after you really discover the majestic Creator and begin to experience the realization of the indwelling presence of the divine controller, then, in accordance with your enlightenment and in accordance with the manner and method by which the divine Sons reveal God, you will find a name for the Universal Father which will be adequately expressive of your concept of the First Great Source and Center. And so, on different worlds and in various universes, the Creator becomes known by numerous appellations, in spirit of relationship all meaning the same but, in words and symbols, each name standing for the degree, the depth, of his enthronement in the hearts of his creatures of any given realm.

1:1.4 (23.1) Near the center of the universe of universes, the Universal Father is generally known by names which may be regarded as meaning the First Source. Farther out in the universes of space, the terms employed to designate the Universal Father more often mean the Universal Center. Still farther out in the starry creation, he is known, as on the headquarters world of your local universe, as the First Creative Source and Divine Center. In one near-by constellation God is called the Father of Universes. In another, the Infinite Upholder, and to the east, the Divine Controller. He has also been designated the Father of Lights, the Gift of Life, and the All-powerful One.

1:1.5 (23.2) On those worlds where a Paradise Son has lived a bestowal life, God is generally known by some name indicative of personal relationship, tender affection, and fatherly devotion. On your constellation headquarters God is referred to as the Universal Father, and on different planets in your local system of inhabited worlds he is variously known as the Father of Fathers, the Paradise Father, the Havona Father, and the Spirit Father. Those who know God through the revelations of the bestowals of the Paradise Sons, eventually yield to the sentimental appeal of the touching relationship of the creature-Creator association and refer to God as “our Father.”
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...iversal-father

Old 10-20-2023, 11:57 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
I address Him as Father (and Papa when close),
but I now realize that what we humans consider a name falls infinitely short
of application towards God - Who IS His IS'ness !

Old 10-21-2023, 08:43 AM

3,217 posts, read 1,602,694 times
Yes in God Essence and Existence are one, the Being whose Essence is Existence.

Old 10-21-2023, 11:05 AM

2,859 posts, read 1,804,521 times
Book, the Names of GOD, each reveals the essential nature character of GOD.

Yahweh (YHYH), LORD, Elohim GOD Mighty Creator, 23 more names

Old 10-21-2023, 11:37 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Just call him "Captain, my captain".

Old 10-21-2023, 07:20 PM

424 posts, read 91,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Then Moses would have been told so.
You couldn't resist! Lol

Old 10-21-2023, 07:28 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Some folks just can't follow explicit instructions.

Jesus instructed us to use His name to ask anything of the Father.

Old 10-21-2023, 07:46 PM

424 posts, read 91,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Jesus, despite knowing His Father's name, called Him, "Abba." I never called my earthly parents by their given names. I called them, "Mama" and "Papa." To me, that was showing them even greater respect. I call God my "Father in Heaven." I think He's good with that.
Calling God as Father is addressing a person.

Imo saying "Yahweh" or "He is" is incomplete without finishing. He is ... what?

He Is the air I breathe
He Is my refuge
He Is my strong tower.
He Is the blood in me.
He Is the warrior.
He Is the one mends broken heart
We can come up with millions of phrases.

I believe the whole OT follows this pattern, especially by saying He Is my Lord!

By saying these we are proclaiming who HE IS rather than just a Father.

Old 10-22-2023, 12:24 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,444,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjack567 View Post
Calling God as Father is addressing a person.

Imo saying "Yahweh" or "He is" is incomplete without finishing. He is ... what?

He Is the air I breathe
He Is my refuge
He Is my strong tower.
He Is the blood in me.
He Is the warrior.
He Is the one mends broken heart
We can come up with millions of phrases.

I believe the whole OT follows this pattern, especially by saying He Is my Lord!

By saying these we are proclaiming who HE IS rather than just a Father.

Very true. In Him we move and have our being. In our Bibles, God's name is often substituted for "The LORD", with Lord being in all caps. So as we see in Genesis 2 for instance, we see it written out as "The LORD God". In Hebrew its Yahweh Elohim. When we say it, we're basically saying "He Is God". Then you think about the other names of attributed to God, like Yireh/Jireh, it is written in Genesis 22 14 as "The LORD will provide" So when we say Yahweh Yireh/Jireh, we're essentially saying "He is my provider".

For everyone, I would also like to say Yahweh is Jesus' name to, His name before He came in the flesh. As it is stated in the Shema found in Deuteronomy 6:4...

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One."

So God our Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, are collectively Yahweh. They have no beginning nor end. As God stated to Moses, "Ehyeh Aser Ehyeh", meaning I Am Who I Am, we say "Yahweh Aser Yahweh" meaning "He Is Who He Is".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity