Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:16 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times

Advertisements

Reading through this entire post and thanking God for each and everyone of you saints. Be bless all of you. Be encourage on this journey of life. There is so much more work to be done. Let's all make a pact to encourage at least one person or tell one person about Jesus each day. Anybody game?

Your sister in Christ Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 05:40 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,734 times
its not eternity that scares me, to me that is going home.....its the transition that scares me, heart attack? stroke? car accident? cancer?

Old 08-18-2008, 03:16 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
its not eternity that scares me, to me that is going home.....its the transition that scares me, heart attack? stroke? car accident? cancer?
Yes, I do agree. It's the fear of the unknown....how will I die? Will it be tragic or peaceful? That transition does not appeal to me.

Thank you to all who've posted. I will say I've read Heaven by Randy Alcorn and it is a phenomenal book. I'm not afraid of heaven. I don't think it's going to be boring in the least. Quite the contrary. However, just the concept of living forever sometimes makes me think, 'how is this possible?'

Old 08-18-2008, 05:36 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,448 times
Eternity is hard to imagine. I just think of it as all time before I was born, which I didn't seem to notice

Old 08-18-2008, 11:05 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Call me crazy but sometimes I get scared of eternity. Make sense? Nope. I was thinking this morning about being alive forever and ever and ever and it's such a foreign thought at times. The thought of my life never ending seems scary at times. I don't know why. Maybe it's my finite mind that can't comprehend it. Has anyone ever had these thoughts or am I the only nut in the basket?
I have had the same thoughts many times. I try not to think about it because I know I cannot comprehend it.

I usually don't bring it up, because like I see happening in this thread some people take it the wrong way. Someone had to be brave and make us all (who have had these thoughts) not feel crazy, thank you

I have a book entitled "Heaven" as well and it made things so much clearer to me. I will have to check to see if it is by Randy Alcorn.

Marianinark, that is a great explanation about life inside the womb compared to life outside.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
living a long time does not scare me, its the alternative that does.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,520 times
Hey, I'm 17 and I know exactly what you're talking about.At the moment, I'm really struggling with the fear or eternity...sometimes I cry about it, it get's really bad. My spirit is disturbed, but I really don't want it it to be, and know I'm thinking about wrong. I agree with what alot of you guys said, about us living in a world with a beginning and an end and our minds not being able to comprehend anything else.I'm saved by the way and I hate that these thoughts and fears are getting me down so much. It's like, when I think about God, or try and spend time with him, all my fear comes back to me, its especially worse at night. =/ I need to keep praying about it. I just don't wanna have this burden any longer, cause it's horrid. I know I need to trust him, and the bible says do not be afraid.Sorry if this is so long! But yeah, I'm glad I found some "crazy" people like me Oh and I know that heaven will be bliss, so it's not heaven that scares me, it's just the forever and ever part!!Micki x

Old 01-01-2009, 07:22 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
I believe that it will be a different type of existence, with timelessness, more of a state of being. God has always been and always will be and He will be all in us. I am not afraid because perfect love, God, will do away with all fear. I use to try to get my mind around it when I was younger, but I don't think that our minds can comprehend it in this existence. God bless.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:05 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiC View Post
Hey, I'm 17 and I know exactly what you're talking about.At the moment, I'm really struggling with the fear or eternity...sometimes I cry about it, it get's really bad. My spirit is disturbed, but I really don't want it it to be, and know I'm thinking about wrong. I agree with what alot of you guys said, about us living in a world with a beginning and an end and our minds not being able to comprehend anything else.I'm saved by the way and I hate that these thoughts and fears are getting me down so much. It's like, when I think about God, or try and spend time with him, all my fear comes back to me, its especially worse at night. =/ I need to keep praying about it. I just don't wanna have this burden any longer, cause it's horrid. I know I need to trust him, and the bible says do not be afraid.Sorry if this is so long! But yeah, I'm glad I found some "crazy" people like me Oh and I know that heaven will be bliss, so it's not heaven that scares me, it's just the forever and ever part!!Micki x
Hi MickiC! Being a believer should'nt be a scary thing. Are your parents believers also? Do you ever talk to them or maybe your pastor about the feelings you're having? I know it's pretty easy to say just trust God ( you should) and make it so simple, but your feelings are your feelings and I do believe that it's real for you. Is there anyone at all you can talk to?

I myself years ago when I was first growing in Christ Jesus, (and I'm not at all complete; would never be until I'm in his presence). I had a huge fear of darkness. I could'nt stay in a dark room at all. I use to have this real intense fear of being watched. It was horrid and really terrifying to me. I did'nt talk to anyone about it for a really long time. I would always be looking over my shoulder every minute. It's a very, how do I put it in words, scary, horrid, crippling feeling, just like you explain it. It's was as real to me as yours is to you. I do understand.

Guess what though, there's hope! There is a way that you can rid yourself of those thoughts and feelings. It worked for me. First, acknowledging my feelings was the first step. I was lost, lonely, and terrrified of the dark. Next, I prayed like I never prayed before and found this peace that came from God, had to been, it was marvelous! For the next several months, I would purposely turn off most of the lights in my house and just walk through my home. Sure there were times when this crippling fear would come over me still. You know what I did? I "pressed" my way through! I did'nt let the fear overpower me. I would walk through my house just shouting out loud, "I rebuke you satan in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ"! I annoited my home with oil and kept the Words of Jesus going all through the night.

Resist the devil and he would flee. It's true! Whenever those thoughts come to your mind, think on the wonderful things of Christ Jesus. Make reading the scriptures and praying a daily part of your life. Attend church with your family or with a friend that loves God also. And eternity with Jesus, wow! If you've ever tasted the goodness and mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, you would want to be there right now. I long to be with Him! It's a wonderful place to be! God Bless you and Get a bible and read Psalms 91 before going to bed at night, okay? Remember, read pray and obey, and stop worrying so much. You'll have gray hairs by the time you turn 20. Saying a prayer for you right now. God Bless You.

Your friend in Christ Jesus

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.ph...242ad3b556e626

Old 01-11-2009, 03:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,520 times
Thank you for taking the time to reply! It's strange, cause since I actually posted my message on here, the day after that I've had a real peace about it and not had one of those episodes since!! It's been really great, I took on board what all of you guys said, and that really helped. More importantly, I did let it go and trust God. I know how wonderful he is so I'm sure heaven will be unimaginable (in a good way!) It wasn't heaven I was scared about anyways by the way. But yeah, thanks everyone =D

Micki x
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity