Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find a Christian dating someone of a different religion wrong?
Yes 19 57.58%
No 14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:27 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,386 times

Advertisements

Well dating is'nt even Biblical so the question and answer starts there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 01:36 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,270,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmos View Post

Do not be yoked with a unbeliever.
Wow.

June's not quite sure how to react. She is somewhat amazed, as she would never choose to not date someone simply because he was a believer. Why would she?

Interesting.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:43 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,456,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Wow.

June's not quite sure how to react. She is somewhat amazed, as she would never choose to not date someone simply because he was a believer. Why would she?

Interesting.
How did you put it several weeks ago?

Stunned.

Simply Stunned.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:44 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmos View Post
Do you find a Christian dating someone of a different religion wrong?

Yes, its wrong and is stated in the 1st and 2nd Testaments. Persons filled with the sprite of the Lord should not date persons that are not presently saved. Do not be yoked with a unbeliever.
Ditto, 2Cr 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Iam married to unbeliever and I wouldnt recommend it, however it is better to marry than burn.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:08 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,228,825 times
Originally Posted by Michelle1210
Quote:
and what communion hath light with darkness?
If Christians are no less flawed or no more flawed than the rest of humanity who is then the light and who is the darkness?

Even when it is a cold hard fact that I am blessed with an ego that is 2x as large of that of most rockstars or other celebrities, I still would not compare myself to God.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:20 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,146,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Wow.

Interesting.
What do you find interesting about it, June?

Last edited by aquila; 08-24-2008 at 11:51 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by aquila My point is that if Christians don't really know who truly are Christian, how do you know that the 1 you are marrying truly is a Christian even though they call themselves Christian?
Just because Christians refer to themselves as Christian doesn't mean they truly are Christian.
Yeez, now I'm almost confusing myself.
We are told we will know who they are, "by their fruit ye shall know them".

I could say I am a mermaid (I could'nt think of a good example LOL), but are you really going to believe me if I don't talk merman, have a fish tale, and can't swim?

Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,541 times
Biblical Instructions Before Leaving Earth- the truth, it's all in here. Just read the book, you might gain a whole new perspective on how we are to live this life before meeting our maker. Your choice, believe or not to believe, that is the question.

No.....................Final Answer!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Biblical Instructions Before Leaving Earth- the truth, it's all in here. Just read the book, you might gain a whole new perspective on how we are to live this life before meeting our maker. Your choice, believe or not to believe, that is the question.

No.....................Final Answer!
Indeed Betsey, but the natural man cannot just read it and understand it.

1Cr 2:14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:33 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,554 times
You know someone's a Christian by how they live their life. I would think a person would get to know someone before marrying them. Sure, a person can fake it. But only for so long. Pray about it first and don't rush into it.

Oh, and to answer the original question, yes, it's wrong for a Christian to date someone of another religion or even no religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity