Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 05:51 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,499,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Amen to that, Macharuadan!! It's always wonderful to see other people knowing the truth and looking up!! The birth pangs have begun.
Actually, the birth pangs began WAY back in the first century--pre-A.D. 70. Read Matthew 24 again. It's not about us!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macharuadan View Post
I def. believe N the rapture&believe it will B sooner than everyone expects.The bible says we as believers will KNOW when the time draws near,2 look up when U see these things begin for your redemption draws near.Remember the 10 virgins(5 were ready,5 not).5 went in the rapture,5 didn't.This is a picture of the spiritual cond. of believers at the point of rapture.Which group of 5 will U B?Rosh Ha Shanna is the only prophetic fest.not yet fulfilled.This post is 4 believers,I will not cast pearls Bfore pigs!
Machanruadan--Those words you posted were NOT directed at us. Read those passages again. Jesus spoke those words to His disciples standing right there with Him. Those things of which He spoke were to happen to THEM not to us. THEY were to recognize the signs and know that the time was near. THEY were to look up because THEIR redemption drew near. THAT IS THE CONTEXT! Not that anyone these days seems to care about such things. Everything is always about US!

Have you counted the number of YOUs in Matthew 24--there are at least twenty! WE are NOT the YE! If we do not place things in their proper historical setting, we will not and cannot understand the meaning of the passage! For example, who was to see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet? Did not Jesus clearly say to His disciples standing right there with Him--"When YOU see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet . . . "

What is the audience relevance of the verses you cited? What is the historical setting? What did Jesus' words mean to those to whom He spoke them? These are the very basic principles of sound Bible study.

Preterist

Old 09-16-2008, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Have you ever thought that maybe no one has challenged you because they already know the truth? Or maybe they have offered numerous "challenges", but you are not willing to hear the truth? I feel your intentions may be about your OWN truth, and not the truth of the Word of God.

It's bordering on preterists way of behaving.

But since you took the thread completely off topic, let me reply right here to your "challenge", since it's my thread and you brought it up. And I would like to end this discussion and get back to the Op.

Revelation 11:15-18
"The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of our Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever."

"And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, saying:
"We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was because you have taken your great power and have BEGUN to reign."

In the above, the scriptures are saying most definitely that the kingdom is not here. We know that Revelation is prophecy of things to come, and this is prophesying that God's literal reign has yet to begin!!

What does it mean when something has BEGUN? It means it "begins", as in, it did not exist before it's beginning, and it is going to "become" the literal kingdom. Proof positive.
And you are the only one with the truth, right, DOTL? Anyone who disagrees with you is not seeking truth but only their own beliefs? Are you above such accusations as well?

Here's truth, DOTL, that YOU will not accept. Was not John shown those things which were in his day to SHORTLY take place? Because I take that at its face value, you accuse me of not listening to YOUR truth! What do Revelation 1:1, 3; 22:6, 10 CLEARLY say, DOTL? These are NOT my words; they are the words of Scripture. All of the things found in the Revelation are things that were in that generation to SHORTLY take place because the time was THEN at hand.

How do I behave, DOTL? I take the words of Scripture, especially the time statements you refuse to acknowledge, literally and normally. That is my crime. According to you, though, my crime and everyone else's crime is in disagreeing with YOU.

Preterist

Old 09-16-2008, 08:15 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,656,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
And you are the only one with the truth, right, DOTL? Anyone who disagrees with you is not seeking truth but only their own beliefs? Are you above such accusations as well?

Here's truth, DOTL, that YOU will not accept. Was not John shown those things which were in his day to SHORTLY take place? Because I take that at its face value, you accuse me of not listening to YOUR truth! What do Revelation 1:1, 3; 22:6, 10 CLEARLY say, DOTL? These are NOT my words; they are the words of Scripture. All of the things found in the Revelation are things that were in that generation to SHORTLY take place because the time was THEN at hand.

How do I behave, DOTL? I take the words of Scripture, especially the time statements you refuse to acknowledge, literally and normally. That is my crime. According to you, though, my crime and everyone else's crime is in disagreeing with YOU.

Preterist
Your crime is between you and God. And it won't be pretty. It's not my truth, it's Biblical truth that we are told to spread, not lies.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:26 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,224,440 times
Jesus let us crucify Him, but boy if someone questions our doctrine...

Old 09-16-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Your crime is between you and God. And it won't be pretty. It's not my truth, it's Biblical truth that we are told to spread, not lies.
And yet I and others claim the same thing. Hmmmm! What crime? Does God accuse me or do you, DOTL?

Preterist

Old 09-16-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Preterist
Quote:
And yet I and others claim the same thing. Hmmmm! What crime? Does God accuse me or do you, DOTL?

Preterist
I work for God, not myself. I have completely and totally denied myself to follow Christ.

You work for yourself, not God. It's under the rouse of religion, but it has nothing to do with God.

And "the crimes" were your own words, Preterist, which are quoted above.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:12 PM

249 posts, read 610,982 times
Quote:
It's not my truth, it's Biblical truth that we are told to spread, not lies.

No, no.

It is not biblical truth. It is your truth.

It is your interpretation of translated ancient written text and your interpretation may very likely be errant.

Just because you have deluded yourself into believing you have been granted some great spiritual gift of discerning biblical prohpecy does not make it so.

Your arrogance on this issue is appauling and is damaging to the credibility of the Christian faith.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:16 PM

8 posts, read 6,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting For Air View Post
No, no.

It is your interpretation of translated ancient written text and your interpretation may very likely be errant.

Just because you have deluded yourself into believing you have been granted some great spiritual gift of discerning biblical prohpecy does not make it so.

Your arrogance on this issue is appauling and is damaging to the credibility of the Christian faith.
DOTL it might be blunt, but this person speaks the truth. Only time will tell. In the meantime you should not take yourself so serious.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting For Air View Post
No, no.

Really? Where's your Biblical truth then? Are you saying you're a preterist and agreeing with the lies that the preterist belief teaches? Because the post that you quoted was directed to Preterist, not you.

Apparantly, you all need to go back and read the OP. There is no error in Jesus Christ and His imminent return. Whether you believe in a Rapture or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity