Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:26 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,243,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
There is no error in Jesus Christ and His imminent return. Whether you believe in a Rapture or not.
He will return, no doubt at all about that. However, he will return when the time is right and God says so, not when someone like you or other people predict it will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 06:34 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,638,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
He will return, no doubt at all about that. However, he will return when the time is right and God says so, not when someone like you or other people predict it will happen.
Who's predicting? I provided links for people to view. Did you even take the time to view the videos?

What is wrong with all of you people?

Old 09-16-2008, 06:35 PM

249 posts, read 610,374 times
Quote:
Really? Where's your Biblical truth then? Are you saying you're a preterist and agreeing with the lies that the preterist belief teaches? Because the post that you quoted was directed to Preterist, not you.

Apparantly, you all need to go back and read the OP. There is no error in Jesus Christ and His imminent return. Whether you believe in a Rapture or not.

Preterism is not lies... it is a different point of view just as historicism is. You are so closed minded you have no sense of objectivity at all and you think a true spirit filled believer can only be a dispensational premillenialist.

Many of the greatest theologians of our time ... and very much spirit-filled believers hold to the preterist point of view. I've not spoken to or met a single one of them that is as unjustifiably arrogant in their position as you are.

DOTL, what makes you or Tim LaHay or any other futurist any different than Hal Lindsey?

Hal gave us three different timelines for the rapture/tribulation/secondcoming/end times. All three times passed and

NOTHING HAPPENED.

NOTHING HAPPENED.

This has been going on for hundreds of years.

None of you are saying anything new.

Errant zealots have been claiming divine spiritual guidance leading them to interpret scripture that the last days are just around the corner. Dozens and hundreds of years go by and

NOTHING HAPPENS.

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Old 09-17-2008, 08:51 AM

Default End of the hijacking

That's enough.

My original post is completely being ignored, and I am satisfied with the fact that the thread and the OP will remain on the board for seekers to find and know that there is hope in the knowledge that Jesus Christ saves and that He will keep His promise to return to this wicked world and set things right for all eternity.

God bless and Godspeed.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 AM

If anyone wants to know the truth about the rapture, then you need to view the links provided in the OP.

It's food for thought, and no one is trying to shove it down anyone's throat. But I KNOW it will happen. Not when...just that it WILL.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:08 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,200,827 times
Personally, I like to dwell on who He is and let Him do what He wants to - whenever He wants to.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Personally, I like to dwell on who He is and let Him do what He wants to - whenever He wants to.
That's all well and good, but we all will have to answer for what we did, as well as what we DIDN'T do.

It's God's plan, and it will all come to fruition just as He planned it. But there is also a little instruction book called the Bible that gives us specific orders to go into all the world and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. You know, the GOOD NEWS.

And back to the OP, please. Which just so happens to be VERY good news.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:50 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,200,827 times
Quote:
That's all well and good, but we all will have to answer for what we did, as well as what we DIDN'T do.
How 'bout trusting Him?

Quote:
It's God's plan, and it will all come to fruition just as He planned it. But there is also a little instruction book called the Bible that gives us specific orders to go into all the world and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. You know, the GOOD NEWS.
Think about what you posted DOTL. The good news is that God is passionately in love with His creation - is that what you've been communicating?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
How 'bout trusting Him?

Think about what you posted DOTL. The good news is that God is passionately in love with His creation - is that what you've been communicating?
Yes, Elmer. The "good news" is a coined phrase, and nearly every Christian I know I would never have to explain this to. This phrase refers to the "good news" that Jesus Christ died a horrible death on the Cross for us so that we could have everlasting life. God gave His only Son for us.

NOW THAT'S LOVE, and very "good news".

Please, if there is nothing positive you have to say about the OP..........the Rapture.....I would like for the thread to stay on topic.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,808,581 times
Quote:
Yes, Elmer. The "good news" is a coined phrase, and nearly every Christian I know I would never have to explain this to. This phrase refers to the "good news" that Jesus Christ died a horrible death on the Cross for us so that we could have everlasting life. God gave His only Son for us.

NOW THAT'S LOVE, and very "good news".

Please, if there is nothing positive you have to say about the OP..........the Rapture.....I would like for the thread to stay on topic.
Amen Day!! I missed this thread, and I'm glad I found it. The provided links should be viewed. I can't understand why people try so hard to disprove the rapture or why they have such a hard time accepting it. No one is setting a date. We don't have to because the signs are telling us that it's here, especially Israel being reborn. Any minute now, folks.

Maybe it has to do with people knowing that they are NOT READY to meet the Lord? Hmmm. Well they better get ready unless 7 years of hell on earth sounds good to some people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity