Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:26 AM

2,557 posts, read 5,864,104 times

Advertisements

Manning's chest is being sewn up.
At 1:01 AM the OR Nurse came in and reported that they are currently sewing his chest up. She says that Manning is doing good and the surgery went well. She says the doctor will be out to see us in about 30 minutes and we should get to see our precious baby in about 1 hour. It has been a long day but James and I are so ready to see Manning. Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers. Please keep praying. This process is very involved and there is so much more to go through. We are just so grateful to the family that gave our child this opportunity to live his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 05:33 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,117,925 times
Wonderful news!!! Our prayers are with you and the donor family. Wow, God is good, all the time.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:43 AM

[SIZE=5]Manning is back in CICU[/SIZE]

At 1:45AM Dr. Huddelston came in and informed us that the transplant went well. He said that Manning had alot of scar tissue that made it a little challenging but is not uncommon. He also reported to us that with the cross matching Manning has developed antibodies in his blood that would increase chances of rejection so he will have to be on a machine that exchanges his plasma which is a more aggressive anti rejection treatment. There are some risks and concerns with this but it is not uncommon.The doctor says that the most critical time after transplant is the first 6-12 hours. Once we get over that hurdle then we will focus on getting him off the breathing tube which may be challenging since he has been on it for the past 5 months, decreasing his pain and sedation drugs which will be a challenge since he has been on so much and feeding him which may also be a challenge with his past issues. At 2:00 AM we were allowed to go back to the CICU to see our baby. He looked so good. His O2 sats are 100, his fingers, toes and lips were pink, and his eyes were open. He already looks like a different baby.Manning, James and I have all had a long day. Peyton was the first one we told about his brothers transplant this morning. He is so excited and is ready for us to all be home together. I was so happy to have James here with me because he was actually planning on leaving Sunday morning before we got the news. Everytthing worked out well. We are going to rest now and I will post a new update in the morning. Thank you all for your continued support, thoughts, and prayers.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:13 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,521,759 times
Praying very hard during this most critical time for this baby..and praying that He will bless the donor family for their gift of life, and that they will find gentle closure for their tremendous loss...

Old 09-28-2008, 12:16 PM

The Morning After his Heart Transplant

Manning looks really good. He does not have much swelling and he is really pink instead of blue. I keep looking at his skin because I am so amazed by his color. Many transplant moms have described to me that they have a feeling of giving birth all over again after they see their baby for the first time after transplant. I have to say I feel the same. He looks so good I just want to pick him up and hold him but of course I can't. Manning still has many strggels to overcome. James and I had to give consent for Maning to be placed on a pheresis machine that is used to take his plasma out and put new plasma in. He has to be on this machine because he has developed antibodies in his plasma that could cause him rejection issues. There are some risks to being on the machine but it would be a much greater risk if he rejects his new heart. This process takes 3 hours and he will have to do it for the next 5-7 days. His heart also went into junction rythem because of the swelling of the heart and now he is on a pacemaker.These two situations does not happen with all transplant patients but is not uncommon either. This morning since we have been here he is having some problems with low blood pressure that they are treating with medication. James and I are so happy but still very worried as Manning still has a long road ahead of him. Please continue to pray. Manning is in critical condition and still has alot of fighting to do.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:25 PM

14,891 posts, read 17,179,835 times
My prayers and thoughts are with baby Manning and the family. Please continue to keep us posted. God bless you.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:37 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,285,669 times
Hallelujah, Praise be to Our Lord
The healer of all diseases, and the "Great Physician"
Can't wait ti hear more good reports "whose report will we believe?
We will believe the report of the Lord"
Strong and mighty , mighty in battle
Tell Manning that he has his own CD "Fan Club"
Sharing your joy..~for the sake of Christ Jesus
God Bless You
~praying continually

Old 09-28-2008, 07:46 PM

340 posts, read 1,287,277 times
I hadn't heard about this story but I'm quite touched by it. Both me and my sister were born with congenital heart defects. Mine was operable but when my sister was born in 1975 with Hypoplastic Left Heart, there was a 100% fatality rate. I believe the fatality rate is somewhere about 60-70% currently due to the number of progressive surgeries needed at such a young age. The fact Manning made it through the transplant means that he is one of the lucky few who survives.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:19 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,621,730 times
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Praise God

Old 09-29-2008, 02:32 PM

Manning is so Pink

Overall Manning is doing well. He had his 2nd day of Pheresis and is tolerating it well so far. He is still on the Pace Maker that is on the outside of his body. They tried to take him off of it but his heart went back into junctional rythem. James and i just can't get over how pink he is. We keep looking at his hands and feet because they have color. They were able to decrease some meds and of course they have already started him on the antirejection meds. They have also turned down the settings on the vent. Manning is of course still on the ventilator and is paralized and sedated. They will try to lift the paralytic off today and see how he responds to it. He is running a bit of a temp so they have a cool rag on his head and have turned down the temp in his room. James ans I just feel so happy and so thankful. When we received the call fron the transplant coordinator Saturaday morning we were just on our way back to our apartment to put up some groceries. I remember looking at the phone number and I knew the prefix was from St. Louis. I looked at the time and it was 11:54. She told us that we had a possible donor for Manning. I was in complete shock and it did not seem real. She told us to get to the hospital within 30 minutes. When we dropped our groceries off at the apartment we heard the church bells ringing from the Catherdral Basilica. James said, do you hear those church bells? He said, Manning's getting his heart and a little angel is getting their wings. We are so thankful to the amazing family who gave our child the gift of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity