Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 08:24 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,797,358 times

Advertisements

Wow, it's amazing how fast two years went by since I first signed on to CD. After being gone a year, I've been slowly working my way back into it, because everyone was so unfamiliar and the discussions are definitely not the same. I wanted to say hello to everyone and a special thankyou to those who have welcomed me back.

ILNC, Blue62, Alpha, Hoosier, and Curly....thanks for remembering me and welcoming me back. I'm so glad that you all are still here.

I know we all go through trying times, and that's exactly why I was away for so long. Those trying times can be-----well,----terrible. I wondered why, why, why, WHY Lord Jesus, Why? It's easy to look at it all now and understand, but when you're going through it there is no understanding.

I guess what I wanted to say was no matter what the devil throws at us, we have to remember that it never comes from the Lord. He loves us, but sometimes it's really hard to understand why He allows things to happen. But He never causes it. That's the thing that has to be remembered. We all have our thorns to deal with, but with God it's all manageable and with Him we can always weather the storm and be better people for it.

I would like to hear anyone's stories about anything, why they left CD, how they came to know Christ, why they are still here when others aren't, what they love and really dislike about CD (if that's allowed), and I really would like to see all the "old timers" who left to chime in once in a while.

This is definitely a community, and it would be great if we could carry that on up to heaven!! God bless each and every one of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 09:02 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,183,286 times
I have over 6,000 posts on another board that I'm tired of, so I can understand why some would just move on.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:25 AM

14,886 posts, read 17,167,331 times
Hi, I was just wondering how long the CD forums have been in existence. I have been on many other forums in the past (mostly Christian) and these are the best imo. Discussions by members who may have different views, beliefs, or understanding on subjects are encouraged with real discussion taking place and instead of , for example, banning someone because their beliefs, faith, understanding may be different from someone else's. And it is more like a family to me even if the members may not agree on everything. Thanks and God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-11-2008 at 10:49 AM..

Old 10-11-2008, 10:45 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Shana, when I first joined the Religion posts were in Other Topics..I believe anyone who has been here and still posting will remember that..They separated us into two forums not long after I joined..

NorthSouth, we remembered you because we are family and missed you..I bet I wasn't the only one who tried to get in touch now and then Some of them have just moved on for whatever reason..I know of one who is still here at cd, but just doesn't come to the Christianity or religion forums any more..Every now and then one of us wonders out loud what happened to this or that one and if anyone has been in touch we let everyone know..Any way we missed you and are glad you're back home

I stay here because I have really become "attached" to almost everyone here no matter what their beliefs or nonbeliefs are..I have learned so much from everyone and I really think that for the most part I feel free'er here to allow my real personality and my beliefs come out. Sometimes it is best for everyone concerned to just be silent in the rw in order to "protect" your beliefs and not to be pulled into having to defend them..

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-11-2008 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: Add content

Old 10-11-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Shana, when I first joined the Religion posts were in Other Topics..I believe anyone who has been here and still posting will remember that..They separated us into two forums not long after I joined..

NorthSouth, we remembered you because we are family and missed you..I bet I wasn't the only one who tried to get in touch now and then Some of them have just moved on for whatever reason..I know of one who is still here at cd, but just doesn't come to the Christianity or religion forums any more..Every now and then one of us wonders out loud what happened to this or that one and if anyone has been in touch we let everyone know..Any way we missed you and are glad you're back home

I stay here because I have really become "attached" to almost everyone here no matter what their beliefs or nonbeliefs are..I have learned so much from everyone and I really think that for the most part I feel free'er here to allow my real personality and my beliefs come out. Sometimes it is best for everyone concerned to just be silent in the rw in order to "protect" your beliefs and not to be pulled into having to defend them..
Thanks Blue--you're the best!! Yeah I guess things come up like they did with me where I couldn't even afford to have internet service and a bunch of other stuff, or people get fed up, tired, bored and just move on. Just like real life I suppose.

When I first came to CD there were way, way, way less forums and there was only the R&P---no Christianity or Atheist sub-forums. CD has really developed and grown so that there's something for everyone. The R&P was a moderator's nightmare before the seperations!! It could really get heated.

And you're right, everyone's free to be themselves here, compared to other sites I've visited. It's nice to be able to express yourself here as opposed to the rw like you said---probably 80% of what we say here we wouldn't dare express to family or friends. After all, we have to live with them!!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:21 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,277,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post

The R&P was a moderator's nightmare before the seperations!! It could really get heated.

June just loves that ^ line! Especially the "before" part.

Welcome back, Northsouth! We still remembered and missed you.

Take gentle care.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June just loves that ^ line! Especially the "before" part.

Welcome back, Northsouth! We still remembered and missed you.

Take gentle care.
Thanks, June! Good to see you too.
I guess I should have clarified that it's STILL a nightmare, just a bigger one huh?

Old 10-11-2008, 05:27 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,653,102 times
I've only been here a few months but have really enjoyed this forum. I only was on one other and even though it said it was "Christian" there was a lot of off-color talk. I was so shocked and left quickly. I like the discussions and the different views, I'm amazed how knowledgeable some people are in the Word. Sometimes it gets a bit testy but for the most part I feel encouraged, happy, and excited to see other Christians sharing life's journey.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:47 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,510 times
Welcome back, Northsouth.

I still hang out because, like blue, I have made some close connections here. My husband claims that I talk to a certain someone whom I have never met more often than I talk to my sister. I don't know if he's right, but pretty close for sure.

I don't really drift out into many discussions, though. I don't have time for the ferris-wheel discussions. I think that after a year, you've heard it all. It's just that new people have come in and the discussions start all over again. I know that I am guilty of not doing a 'search' most of the time. But sometimes it's, "oh no, here we go again".

I am always on to check the prayer thread, but I have found lately that people will start an individual thread for their specific request. Which in many cases has been good and almost needed, but since I don't go roaming around in the different forums, sometimes I miss those. One of the greatest things that I love about this group is the willingness to pray for each other. I don't know what it would take for me to completely leave the forum and not be able to check the prayer threads. There was a time that our system was down and I would just say a general prayer for intercession knowing that God knows the needs of all.

Well, again, it is good to see you around.

Take care and God bless.

<><

Old 10-11-2008, 08:14 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Hey Northsouth! I'm still here. When I first joined CD we couldn't even mention God! My how things have changed!! I feel very close to people on, we are a family. Some I am even closer to than my family. There are some that I always think about and wonder what has happened to them, so it's good to see you back Northsouth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity