Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:34 AM

667 posts, read 940,863 times

Advertisements

The Holy Bible speaks clearly against Homosexuality.

Christian speech targeted as 'hate'

But Obama's Hate Speech Bill prohibited it and persecuted Christians for fellowship the Bible Teaching.

Christian speech targeted as 'hate'

Is it ok or not, what should Christians do: to follow Obama or the Holy Bible?

Any tought?

Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,838,555 times
The Bible! Good or bad we must follow the Bible over anything else as guided by the Holy Spirit.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:46 AM

667 posts, read 940,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The Bible! Good or bad we must follow the Bible over anything else as guided by the Holy Spirit.
You are 100 % right, but we have some problem with dems and libs who are fighting against our believe.IMHO all Christians should try to unite themselves and together stop anti-christians tendency by goverments.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:48 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,718,700 times
Yes, and the 1st step should be eliminating freedom of religion for non-Christians. That's the 1st commandment, after all.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:49 AM

But people who claim to be Christians and bear no fruit are our achiles heel. They undermine everything we try just look at this forum, very little Christianity around here, most even hate the Bible because it points out their sins.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:50 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,739,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
You are 100 % right, but we have some problem with dems and libs who are fighting against our believe.IMHO all Christians should try to unite themselves and together stop anti-christians tendency by goverments.
Are you, pray tell, advocating the violent overthrow of the US government?

The law of the land is first and foremost, sir. If you act in ways that suit your religious belief yet violate the law of this country, expect to be held accountable by physical beings, not a god.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Yes, and the 1st step should be eliminating freedom of religion for non-Christians. That's the 1st commandment, after all.
I agree but how could we hope to do this the pagans have too much control.

The Bible should take presidence over any manmade laws.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:05 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Are you, pray tell, advocating the violent overthrow of the US government?

The law of the land is first and foremost, sir. If you act in ways that suit your religious belief yet violate the law of this country, expect to be held accountable by physical beings, not a god.

You make a very good point rayneinspain,I may not necessarily agree with the lifestyle of the gay and lesbians, but they have a right to live their lifestyle as they see fit and I'll be among the first to take up arms to defend that right.In my opinion any so-called Christian who intends to do harm to other individuals because they don't conform to their lifestyle are not Christians to me.This country guarantees the right of every one to live their life as they see fit and anytime you infringe on that you're going against the laws of this land and should be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:07 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
This is without a doubt, one of the scariest threads I've ever read.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 AM

696 posts, read 916,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You make a very good point rayneinspain,I may not necessarily agree with the lifestyle of the gay and lesbians, but they have a right to live their lifestyle as they see fit and I'll be among the first to take up arms to defend that right.In my opinion any so-called Christian who intends to do harm to other individuals because they don't conform to their lifestyle are not Christians to me.This country guarantees the right of every one to live their life as they see fit and anytime you infringe on that you're going against the laws of this land and should be prepared to suffer the consequences.
A interesting point, but in my wife's unit they are having problems even now with people not wanting to share rooms in the barracks because of homosexuality. It is not just a Christian issue. There are non Christians who are being affected by it too.

Christians are getting the blame, but the others who arent Christian and oppose it get no mention. Why not Islam? Why not Athiests? Why not the everyday soldier who doesnt want to live with someone who is gay? As my wife and I can both attest it is not just Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.