Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Freedom of religion is gone. We now only have freedom from religion. The constitution gurarantees freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Those people who are against religion have turned the words and made the freedom of religion something it was never meant to be. They are the hateful people, not Christians.
The constitution also guarantees separation of church and state yet Christians still try to introduce their dogma into the government.

Fail

Old 02-09-2010, 11:59 AM

696 posts, read 915,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Interracial marriage and being any other color other than white was against the law of the land back then too. Why are they spared now?
I am in an interracial marriage right now. I was also a child whose mother left my father to be with another woman. I was beaten and abused because of that woman. My sister tried to kill herself because of it. That woman's very own son wouldnt be with her, but my mother put me and my sister thru it. There are many stories like it of people just like me.

Let me tell you something about interracial marriage. It produces a child with a father and mother. My sons are proof.

Homosexuality can produce nothing like a Interracial marriage can. Do you know how many of us are offended by your implications? But then again maybe that constitution doesnt apply to us.

Again the situation is alot bigger than what you list above.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:59 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Interracial marriage and being any other color other than white was against the law of the land back then too. Why are they spared now?
When was being any other color other than white against the law of the land? And as for interacial marriage being against the law, was it Biblical? Any law that is not Biblical should be overturned.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
The constitution also guarantees separation of church and state yet Christians still try to introduce their dogma into the government.

Fail
Where? Please show me.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:

Fail
Find where the constitution shows seperation of church and state. It is a fallicy that is perpetuated by those who have an agenda in mind.

If you believe in the seperation of church and state you can not even spend money. You can not participate in government. Your very president was sworn in with a bible in his hand. The same bible he mocks in his speeches.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
I am in an interracial marriage right now. I was also a child whose mother left my father to be with another woman. I was beaten and abused because of that woman. My sister tried to kill herself because of it. That woman's very own son wouldnt be with her, but my mother put me and my sister thru it. There are many stories like it of people just like me.

Let me tell you something about interracial marriage. It produces a child with a father and mother. My sons are proof.

Homosexuality can produce nothing like a Interracial marriage can. Do you know how many of us are offended by your implications? But then again maybe that constitution doesnt apply to us.

Again the situation is alot bigger than what you list above.
Great post

Old 02-09-2010, 12:03 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Of course you dont care, but then what about the people who dont want to live with it? Or dont they matter. I made the point where it infringes on the rights of people who dont want to be around it. Yet, all you care about is the fact that it infringes on their rights.
You could say the same for anything else.

I don't want live with people who doesn't treat animals with respect
I don't want to live with people who doesn't want to eat meat
I don't want to live with people who are religious
I don't want to live with people who are not white
I don't want to live with people who are younger than I am

And the list goes on.

If you hate it, suck it up and deal with it as it's your own inner turmoil.

And yes, it does infringes on their rights. Or do I have a misconception about law, rules, and rights in a society?

Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Well what about when homosexuality was against the law of the land? Why were they spared?
Let me explain something to you, not since the Constitution of the United States had been ratified by the original 13 states has homosexuality been against the law and the only law of the land in this country since then has been the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights. Its only people like you who have attempted to take the law into their own hands and change it to their own personal beliefs that such so-called laws were declared unconstitutional by the courts of this land. Now we are a country of laws, not religion, and nowhere in the Constitution of the United States is your Christian God or your sacred book ever mentioned. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights and the amendments are the laws of this land, not your Christianity or sacred book.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
You could say the same for anything else.

I don't want live with people who doesn't treat animals with respect
I don't want to live with people who doesn't want to eat meat
I don't want to live with people who are religious
I don't want to live with people who are not white
I don't want to live with people who are younger than I am

And the list goes on.

If you hate it, suck it up and deal with it as it's your own inner turmoil.

And yes, it does infringes on their rights. Or do I have a misconception about law, rules, and rights in a society?
OK you list has absoletely nothing to do with the topic at hand, please answer my guestion.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Let me explain something to you, not since the Constitution of the United States had been ratified by the original 13 states has homosexuality been against the law and the only law of the land in this country since then has been the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights. Its only people like you who have attempted to take the law into their own hands and change it to their own personal beliefs that such so-called laws were declared unconstitutional by the courts of this land. Now we are a country of laws, not religion, and nowhere in the Constitution of the United States is your Christian God or your sacred book ever mentioned. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights and the amendments are the laws of this land, not your Christianity or sacred book.
Again that is not true. It was a matter of state law not of federal law. You clearly do not understand there is a difference. It is not until the last 100 years that progressiveism has attempted to make anything a issue of federal law. There is a big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity