Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,808,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I don't think she is joking.

I would agree with with moonsavvy, but I don't believe either heaven or hell exist, so I will be happy where I am, as long as I'm a long ways away from fundamentalist bigotry.
I'm sad to say, but hell will be filled with bigots. The only way to escape bigots is to accept Christ, live a Godly life and spend your eternity in heaven.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:55 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,790,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
That's really sad, Moonsavvy and nothing to joke about.
If heaven is a place where bigotry and hatred prevail (some of these posts or people are drenched in it, which is why some of you are so scary to us) then I'll pass.

Thanks but no thanks.

BTW I'm not talking about any particular person either.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I don't think she is joking.

I would agree with with moonsavvy, but I don't believe either heaven or hell exist, so I will be happy where I am, as long as I'm a long ways away from fundamentalist bigotry.
What? You're not going to hell? I've been planning a big party there, it will be filled with some of my favorite people.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
If heaven is a place where bigotry and hatred prevail (some of these posts or people are drenched in it, which is why some of you are so scary to us) then I'll pass.

Thanks but no thanks.

BTW I'm not talking about any particular person either.
I'll just quote myself here, because my answer to Sanspeur applies.

[quote=Northsouth;5781698]I'm sad to say, but hell will be filled with bigots. The only way to escape bigots is to accept Christ, live a Godly life and spend your eternity in heaven.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:01 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times
Quote:
I'm sad to say, but hell will be filled with bigots. The only way to escape bigots is to accept Christ, live a Godly life and spend your eternity in heaven.
You may be right...If all bigots go to hell, then it will be filled with fundamentalists. What is your idea of a Godly life?

Old 10-20-2008, 11:08 PM

[quote=Northsouth;5781750]I'll just quote myself here, because my answer to Sanspeur applies.

Quote:
What's sad to me is that you don't even realize that your own words contain bigotry. The one way that you claim is the only way that will save me from an eternal hellfire of bigots is your way. I don't even believe in your hell.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
You may be right...If all bigots go to hell, then it will be filled with fundamentalists. What is your idea of a Godly life?
Not all fundamentalist Christians will be in hell, but some claiming to be fundamentalist Christians will be. I am a fundamentalist Christian, and I definitely won't be there. It's not for me to judge who will or won't go to hell. I just know what the Bible says will send you there.

My idea of a Godly life doesn't matter. It's what God's Word, the Bible, says. The Bible says we must accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, that He died on the Cross and was resurrected and He is the only Son of God. Becoming a Christian does not involve complicated rituals or rules. The Bible is clear that accepting Christ is the ONLY way to salvation.

It's easy, but the walk of a Christian is not. We all sin, we are all sinners but the difference between the lost and the saved is that the lost will be lost for all of eternity if they do not accept Christ. The saved will be saved from eternal damnation through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Why not accept Him today and find out for yourself what living a Godly life entails? It's a struggle, but you will be greatly rewarded.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Not all fundamentalist Christians will be in hell, but some claiming to be fundamentalist Christians will be. I am a fundamentalist Christian, and I definitely won't be there. It's not for me to judge who will or won't go to hell. I just know what the Bible says will send you there.

My idea of a Godly life doesn't matter. It's what God's Word, the Bible, says. The Bible says we must accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, that He died on the Cross and was resurrected and He is the only Son of God. Becoming a Christian does not involve complicated rituals or rules. The Bible is clear that accepting Christ is the ONLY way to salvation.

It's easy, but the walk of a Christian is not. We all sin, we are all sinners but the difference between the lost and the saved is that the lost will be lost for all of eternity if they do not accept Christ. The saved will be saved from eternal damnation through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Why not accept Him today and find out for yourself what living a Godly life entails? It's a struggle, but you will be greatly rewarded.
I just figured you out. I saw your post on another thread rubbing your hands in glee at what you think is the coming "rapture", and all of us "sinners" living in torture for seven years...I don't subscribe to that myth, but if I did I would rather be left behind...We sinners will have a party to end all parties!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:32 PM

702 posts, read 1,007,820 times
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 . . .
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (catamite, "soft," males who are used by other males sexually), nor abusers of themselves with mankind (sodomite, literaly, "male-lier"),
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Every baby is born dirtying their diapers. They don't stay that way. Any human has sin conditions of one type or another which they did not cause but that become their responsibility to work through with God's help. Everybody goes through this in some way, even beyond this life if necessary. Jesus says, "Everybody must be salted with fire." Everybody has to work with the Creator through conditions and situations that are not the result of the manipulations of their own will, but are because of God's will to uniquely bless each and every one. Just as we are assigned a male or female skin suit to walk out the will of God in humiliation for a season. His purpose is to reproduce His image and likeness in each of us. God is bringing each of us the easiest way we will come. "God is no respecter of persons." The requirements are the same for all. The way is always hard and the gate narrow. "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." (Matthew 15:24)

Most of you should have heard of Kathryn Khulman. God showed up and showed off in the meetings she held to serve people in helping them come to God. Many were healed in her meetings. Many fell down, overcome by the power of the Spirit, experiencing God in a significant way when she touched them. The only man she ever loved was married to someone else. She had to turn her back on him in order to follow Jesus. She said it was then that Kathryn Khulman died. She said she died a thousand deaths through this denial of her own heart. THIS IS NORMAL CHRISTIANITY!!!

Read the following about someone who was victorious even over death . . .
Hebrews 11:5-6 . . .
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

There is no conclusive evidence that homosexual attractions are inborn. To act on such inclinations involve repeated choices by the individual involved unless they were taken advantage of by others as a child. The lack of knowledge coupled with little or no appropriate loving discipline to walk the right path can be more than made up for by the working of the Holy Spirit regardless of prior circumstances. He heals and leads, teaches and guides. Many Christians were both physically and sexually abused as children, yet have come to know the great love of God, His cleansing, healing, enabling, enlightening, enriching, liberating presence. When you experience God you want to do whatever it takes to please Him because of the great love He brings about within. How can you have Him? In The Sermon on the Mount Jesus says:

Matthew 7:7-14 . . .
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 10-20-2008 at 11:41 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 . . .
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (catamite, "soft," males who are used by other males sexually), nor abusers of themselves with mankind (sodomite, literaly, "male-lier"),
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Every baby is born dirtying their diapers. They don't stay that way. Any human has sin conditions of one type or another which they did not cause but that become their responsibility to work through with God's help. Everybody goes through this in some way, even beyond this life if necessary. Jesus says, "Everybody must be salted with fire." Everybody has to work with the Creator through conditions and situations that are not the result of the manipulations of their own will, but are because of God's will to uniquely bless each and every one. Just as we are assigned a male or female skin suit to walk out the will of God in humiliation for a season. His purpose is to reproduce His image and likeness in each of us. God is bringing each of us the easiest way we will come. "God is no respecter of persons." The requirements are the same for all. The way is always hard and the gate narrow. "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." (Matthew 15:24)

Most of you should have heard of Kathryn Khulman. God showed up and showed off in the meetings she held to serve people in helping them come to God. Many were healed in her meetings. Many were fell down overcome by the power of the Spirit, experiencing God in a significant way when she touched them. The only man she ever loved was married to someone else. She had to turn her back on him in order to follow Jesus. She said it was then that Kathryn Khulman died. She said she died a thousand deaths through this denial of her own heart. THIS IS NORMAL CHRISTIANITY!!!

Read the following about someone who was victorious even over death . . .
Hebrews 11:5-6 . . .
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

There is no conclusive evidence that homosexual attractions are inborn. To act on such inclinations involve repeated choices by the individual involved unless they were taken advantage of by others as a child. The lack of knowledge coupled with little or no appropriate loving discipline to walk the right path can be more than made up for by the working of the Holy Spirit regardless of prior circumstances. He heals and leads, teaches and guides. Many Christians were both physically and sexually abused as children, yet have come to know the great love of God, His cleansing, healing, enabling, enlightening, enriching, liberating presence. When you experience God you want to do whatever it takes to please Him because of the great love He brings about within. How can you have Him? In The Sermon on the Mount Jesus says:

Matthew 7:7-14 . . .
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Did you post this to prove my point about fundamentalists being scary bigots? Well it worked....Actually I think you were wasting your time trying convince me to come over to your side..You don't have a hope in hell with that kind of approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity