Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:42 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
He is God,,but he is not the Father
Jesus is God the Son, along with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit ... three in one ... all one God, because there is only one God, which is whom Jesus is, which is why I agree He's worthy of worship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 10:26 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Jesus is God the Son, along with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit ... three in one ... all one God, because there is only one God, which is whom Jesus is, which is why I agree He's worthy of worship.
The bible says God Almighty is spirit..Jesus wasn`t a spirit. He was a man. God is a title..it`s not a name. The Father`s name is not God. Jesus`s name is not God. It is a title. Jesus is not the Father and the Father is not Jesus. That is made very clear in scripture. They are two seperate beings..one is greater than the other..again made very clear in scripture. One begot the other...the Father did not beget himself. One is now sitting at the right hand of the other..not sitting at the right hand of himself. They both hold the title of God..Jesus, because the Father gave it to him. Nobody gave it to the Father. Just like a king and a prince. The prince is royalty because the King gave it to him. They are both royalty but one is greater than the other. Jesus is king of kings and he is Lord but he is not the Father...they are not one and the same person.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:29 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,505 times
Quote:
The bible says God Almighty is spirit..Jesus wasn`t a spirit. He was a man. God is a title..it`s not a name. The Father`s name is not God. Jesus`s name is not God. It is a title. Jesus is not the Father and the Father is not Jesus. That is made very clear in scripture. They are two seperate beings..one is greater than the other..again made very clear in scripture. One begot the other...the Father did not beget himself. One is now sitting at the right hand of the other..not sitting at the right hand of himself. They both hold the title of God..Jesus, because the Father gave it to him. Nobody gave it to the Father. Just like a king and a prince. The prince is royalty because the King gave it to him. They are both royalty but one is greater than the other. Jesus is king of kings and he is Lord but he is not the Father...they are not one and the same person.
Of course, all in your humble opinion I'm sure . I'm not doing to debate the particulars of the trinity on this thread, as that is not the OP. At least we agree that Jesus is worthy of worship.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Of course, all in your humble opinion I'm sure . I'm not doing to debate the particulars of the trinity on this thread, as that is not the OP. At least we agree that Jesus is worthy of worship.
absolutely

Old 10-27-2008, 01:24 AM

432 posts, read 1,659,998 times
Christians are supposed to worship Christ since the word "Christ" in Christians mean worshiping Christ!

Old 10-27-2008, 02:16 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times
Quote:
Basically you say "Jesus is separate from the father." Therefore, Christianity is a polytheism. Pagan?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:05 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Basically you say "Jesus is separate from the father." Therefore, Christianity is a polytheism. Pagan?
Please lets stick to topic. I am sure there are several threads about the Trinity or you could start a new thread about the doctrine of the Trinity as has already been requested.

HOWEVER, I must say that whether or not Jesus is fully God (along with fully man) does play a part in the definition of whether or not He is worshipped. I know that when I worship Jesus, I am worshipping God the Son. If he were not God, then would he be worthy of worship? Adoration, devotion, love, maybe, but worship? Doesn't the term worship directly mean the approach of man to God? To worship, doesn't it automatically mean that the one being worshipped is, in the eye of the worshipper, God?

The fact that the bible makes the point that the Lord our God is ONE God points to the fact that our human brains, as limited as they are, need to be reminded that the three persons of the trinity are NOT three Gods, but one God in three persons.

If God the Father were the only God, why keep making the statement that he is one? If not for the trinity, why advertise that the Lord our God is one?

If Jesus is not God, then why would he receive worship? This is a true point on why Jesus is fully God, that he received worship and continues to do so to this day and will for all eternity.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Nope..that is not what I say. I say there is one Father or God almighty. One absolute highest power or supreme being and that is the Father.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:28 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times
Quote:
Nope..that is not what I say. I say there is one Father or God almighty. One absolute highest power or supreme being and that is the Father.
Which means Jesus is not the absolute highest power or the supreme being?

Old 10-28-2008, 08:43 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Which means Jesus is not the absolute highest power or the supreme being?
Logic, when seeing the different posters here, you have to realize that some are members of the Christian sects or cults that deny the Trinity of the Godhead, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. This is what separates the major Christian groups from these sects, namely Jehovah's Witnesses, Latter Day Saints (Mormons) and Christian Science. There are others, but these are the most common ones. They all proclaim some reverence and devotion to Jesus but are adamant that Jesus is only a son, a minor god or secondary god but not equal and one with God.

While Catholics and Protestants and Orthodoxy have much to disagree about, they are all united in a doctrine of the Trinity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity