Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:58 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
biblical quote, biblical quote, biblical quote.

It seems that we like the quotes or versus. We have favorites and we like to share them. When I knew that I was in trouble with God I wanted to do something special. I looked up all the words that had mercy. Instead I made a prayer for mercy, I think God gave us his book to see what we can do with his works.

Psalm 4:1. Hear me when I call O God of my righteousness; thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me and hear my prayer.

Psalm 5:1. Give ear to my words, O Lord consider my meditation.
Psalm 5:11. But let all those that put their shout for joy, because thou defendest them; let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Psalm 8:1. O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Who hast set thy glory above the heaven.

Psalm 9:1. I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvelous works.
Psalm 10:1. Why standest thou afar off O Lord? Why hidest thou thyself in time of trouble?

Psalm 13:1. How long wilt thou forget me O Lord? For ever? How long wilt thou hide thy face from me?

Psalm 15:1. Lord who shall abide in thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in thy holy hill?

Psalm 16:1. Preserve me O God; for in thee do I put my trust.

Psalm 17:1,6. Hear the right O Lord, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer that goeth not out of feigned lips. I have called upon thee for thou wilt hear me O God; incline thine ear unto me and hear my speech.

Psalm 18:1,21-25. I will love thee O Lord, my strength. For I have kept the ways of the Lord and have not wickedly departed from my God. For all his judgments were before me and I did not put away his statutes from me. I was also upright before him and I kept myself from mine iniquity. Therefore hath the Lord recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight. With the merciful thou wilt she thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt show thyself upright.

Psalm 20:1. The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;

Psalm 25:1. Unto thee O Lord do I lift up my soul.

Psalm 25:7,10-14. Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions according to thy mercy, remember thou me for thy goodness’ sake O Lord. All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies, For thy name’s sake O Lord pardon mine iniquity; for it is great, What man is he that feareth the Lord? Him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose. His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth. The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him and he will show them his covenant.

Psalm 25:15-22. Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net. Turn thee unto me and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted. The trouble of my heart are enlarged; O bring thou me out of my distresses. Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins. Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred. O keep my soul and deliver me, let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee. Redeem Israel O God out of all his trouble.

Psalm 26: 1-2,6,8,11. Judge me O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity; I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide. Examine me, O Lord and prove me; try my reins and my heart. I will wash mine hands in innocence; so will I compass thine altar O Lord; Lord I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth. But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity; redeem me and be merciful unto me.

Psalm 27:3. Though an host should encamp against me my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
Psalm 28:7. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Psalm 29:2-11. Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord the beauty of holiness. The voice of the Lord is upon the waters; the God of glory thundered; the Lord is upon many waters. The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty. The voice of the Lord breaketh the cedars; yea the Lord breaketh the cedars of Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn. The voice of the Lord divideth the flames of fire. The voice of the Lord shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh. The voice of the Lord maketh the hinds to calve and discovered the forests; and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory. The Lord sitteth upon the flood; yea the Lord sitteth king for ever. The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

Psalm 31:8 And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.

Psalm 31:21-22. Blessed be the Lord for he hath showed me his marvelous kindness in a strong city. For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes; never the less thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.

Psalm 31:24. Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Psalm 32:4-6. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me; my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah, I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah, For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found; surely in the flood of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

Psalm 33:18-20,22. Behold the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; To deliver their soul from death and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waited for the Lord; he is our help and shield. For our heart shall rejoice in his, because we have trusted in his holy name. Let thy mercy O Lord be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

Psalm 34:1. I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Psalm 39:12. Hear my prayer O Lord, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears; for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner as all my fathers were.
Psalm 40:8. I delight to do thy will O my God, yea thy law is within my heart.

Psalm 40:10. I have not hid thy righteousness with my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation; I have not concealed the loving kindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
Psalm 40:13. Be pleased O Lord, to deliver me, O Lord make haste to help me. Psalm 40:16. Let all those that seek the rejoice and be glad in thee; let such as love thy salvation say continually The Lord be magnified.

Psalm 42:2-3, 8,11. My soul thirsteth for my father, for the living God; when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat, day and night, while they continually say unto me, where is thy God? Yet the Lord will command his loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. Who art thou cast down, O my soul? And why are thou disquieted with in me? Hope thou in God; for I shall yet praise him who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalm 43:5. Why art thou cast down o my soul? And why art thou disquieted with me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance and my father.

Psalm 44:1,4,8,18. We have heard with our ears O God, our fathers have told us, what work didst in their days, in the times of old. Thou art my king, O God; command deliverances for Jacob. In God we boast all the day long and praise thy name for ever. Selah Our heart is not turned back, neither have our step declined from thy way;

Psalm 45:1. My heart is inditing a good matter; I speak of the things which I have made touching the king; my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Psalm 44:6. Thy throne O God is for ever and ever; the scepter of thy kingdom is a right scepter.

Psalm 86:15. But thou O Lord art a God full of compassion and gracious longsuffering and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Psalm 46:4-6,10. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most high God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God shall help her and that right early. The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved; he uttered his voice, the earth melted, Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psalm 53:2. God looked down from heaven upon the children of me, to see if there were any that did understand, they did seek God.

Psalm 123:1. Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heaven.

Psalm 130:1. Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord.

Psalm 137:1-9. by the rivers of Babylon there we sat down, yea we wept when we remember Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they that carried us away captive required us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying sing us one of the songs of Zion. How shall we sing the Lord’s song in a strange land? If I forget thee O Jerusalem let my right hand forget her cunning. If I do not remember thee let my mouth; of I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. Remember O Lord the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said raise it, raise it, even to the foundation thereof. O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little against stones.

I Peter 3:12-22. For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers; but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? But and if ye suffer for righteousness sake, happy are ye; and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear; Having a good conscience that whereas they speak evil of you, as evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. For it is better if the will of God be so that ye suffer for well doing that for evil doing. For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but quickened by the spirit; By which also he went and preached unto the spirit in prison; Which sometime were disobedient when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah. While the ark was a preparing, wherein few that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of good conscience toward God.) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ; Who is gone into heaven and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him, Amen. In Jesus I Pray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 08:16 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,043,047 times
TheWordisOne...

My favorite scripture of the ones you referenced is Psalm 32.

David, a man after God's own heart, spoke often of God's mercy.
David understood that he was imperfect and incapable of holiness apart from God's grace and His mercy.
David was a humble man.

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid.
I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart

Old 10-30-2008, 11:31 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Your loving kindness is better than life...

Old 10-31-2008, 10:06 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,839 times
Default My favorite scripture

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
TheWordisOne...

My favorite scripture of the ones you referenced is Psalm 32.

David, a man after God's own heart, spoke often of God's mercy.
David understood that he was imperfect and incapable of holiness apart from God's grace and His mercy.
David was a humble man.

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid.
I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart

I know when we these songs and reminds me of a planet full of music and full of life. I am pretty sure that when we read these beautiful songs the Holy Spirit moves our hearts as I read these words I went to my study room and got this from your words to my heart.

Job 35:16 I cry and have no knowledge.

Job 16:12 I was at ease, but he hath broken me asunder: he hath also taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces, and set me up for his mark.
Job 16:16 My face is foul with weeping, and on my eyelids is the shadow of death;
Job 16:18 O earth, cover not thou my blood, and let my cry have no place.
Job 16:22 When a few years are come, then I shall go the way whence I shall not return.
Job 16:4 I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you.
Job 19:7 Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard: I cry aloud, but there is no judgment.
Job 19:10 He hath destroyed me on every side, and I am gone: and mine hope hath he removed like a tree.
Job 19:6 Know now that God hath overthrown me, and hath compassed me with his net.
Job 19:19 All my inward friends abhorred me: and they whom I loved are turned against me.
Job 19:8 He hath fenced up my way that I cannot pass, and he hath set darkness in my paths.
Job 24:9-10 They pluck the fatherless from the breast, and take a pledge of the poor.
They cause him to go naked without clothing, and they take away the sheaf from the hungry;
Job 24:15 The eye also of the adulterer waiteth for the twilight, saying, No eye shall see me: and disguiseth his face.
Job 24:17 For the morning is to them even as the shadow of death: if one know them, they are in the terrors of the shadow of death.
Job 24:24 They are exalted for a little while, but are gone and brought low; they are taken out of the way as all other, and cut off as the tops of the ears of corn.
Job 24:12 Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out: yet God layeth not folly to them.
Job 27:7 Let mine enemy be as the wicked, and he that riseth up against me as the unrighteous.
Job 27:9 Will God hear his cry when trouble cometh upon him?
Job 27: 2-3 As God liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul;
All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;
Job 27:9 Will God hear his cry when trouble cometh upon him?
Job 29:12 Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.
Job 30:5 They were driven forth from among men, (they cried after them as after a thief)
Job 31:38 If my land cry against me, or that the furrows likewise thereof complain;
Job 34:28 So that they cause the cry of the poor to come unto him, and he heareth the cry of the afflicted.
Job 35:9 By reason of the multitude of oppressions they make the oppressed to cry: they cry out by reason of the arm of the mighty.
Job 35:12 There they cry, but none giveth answer, because of the pride of evil men.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 10-31-2008 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: Adjusting letters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity