Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 05:53 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,702 times

Advertisements

This is the Seven Years Tribulation
Seven Years of captivity
Seventy *weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city.
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

There are seven signs before Christ return.

One, Israel Restored as a nation. * Pass

Two, The reunification of Europe.* Pass

The Great Commission is Now!
Three, The coming of the Anti -Christ. Next.

Forth, The rebuilding of the temple of Israel.

Five , The rise of one world religion.

Six, The invasion of Israel temple.

Seven, The battle of Armageddon. Megiddo.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-08-2008 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: Ajusting spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,702 times
Lightbulb This is the Seven Years Tribulation

[quote=TheWordIsOne;6074522]This is the Seven Years Tribulation

In my studies in seminary school I have learned they are seven signs before the return of Christ, there was a theologian that studies the seven seals and what did they mean. In his studies they were ancient symbols from ancient books, he had made to a video on this studies. I have written the INFO. in the studies, and search myself to see this is true. I have found between his study and biblical scriptures that could correspond with the study. I will show you two of what I found. The third you probably can find it in the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation .

One, Israel Restored as a nation
. State of Israel
May 14, 1948, Israel declared its independence. The new country's victory in the subsequent Arab-Israeli War expanded the borders of the Jewish state beyond those in the UN Partition Plan. Since then, Israel has been in conflict with many of the neighboring Arab countries, resulting in several major wars and decades of violence. Since its foundation, Israel's boundaries and even the State's very right to exist have been subject to dispute, although Israel has signed peace treaties with Egypt and Jordan, and efforts are being made to reach a permanent accord with the Palestinians.

Deuteronomy 9: 1 – 7 1Hear, O Israel: Thou art to pass over Jordan this day, to go in to possess nations greater and mightier than thyself, cities great and fenced up to heaven,
2A people great and tall, the children of the Anakims, whom thou knowest, and of whom thou hast heard say, Who can stand before the children of Anak!
3Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.
4Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
5Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
6Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.
7Remember, and forget not, how thou provokedst the LORD thy God to wrath in the wilderness: from the day that thou didst depart out of the land of Egypt, until ye came unto this place, ye have been rebellious against the LORD.

Exodus 19: 5 – 6 5Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Two, The reunification of Europe.
Formed in 1957 Europe is the world's second-smallest continent in terms of area, covering about 10,180,000 square kilometres (3,930,000 sq mi) or 2.0% of the Earth's surface. The only continent smaller than Europe is Australia. Of Europe's 48 countries, Russia is the largest by both area and population, while the Vatican is the smallest. Europe is the third most populous continent after Asia and Africa with a population of 710,000,000 or about 11% of the world's population. However, the term continent can refer to a cultural and political distinction or a physiographic one, leading to various perspectives about Europe's precise borders, area and population.
Europe is the birthplace of Western culture. European nations played a predominant role in global affairs from the 16th century onwards, especially after the beginning of colonization. By the 17th and 18th centuries European nations controlled most of Africa, the Americas, and large portions of Asia. World War I and World War II led to a decline in European dominance in world affairs as the United States and Soviet Union took preeminence. The Cold War between those two superpowers divided Europe along the Iron Curtain. European integration led to the formation of the Council of Europe and the European Union in Western Europe, both of which have been expanding eastward since the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991.
The European Union (EU) is a political and economic community of twenty-seven member states with supranational and intergovernmental features, located primarily in Europe. It traces its origins to the European Economic Community (EEC) formed in 1957 by the Treaty of Rome between six European countries. Since then the EU has grown in size through the accession of new member states and has increased its powers by the addition of new policy areas to its remit. In 1993, the Maastricht Treaty established the current legal framework. The Lisbon Treaty signed in December 2007 initiates a ratification process in 2008 and is amending the existing treaties. It is intended to come into force on January 1, 2009.
The EU creates a single market by a system of laws which apply in all member states, guaranteeing the freedom of movement of people, goods, services and capital.[2] It maintains a common trade policy, agricultural and fisheries policies, and a regional development policy.[3] In 1999 the EU introduced a common currency, the euro, which has been adopted by thirteen member states. It has also developed a role in foreign policy, and in justice and home affairs. Passport control between many member states has been abolished under the Schengen Agreement.[4]With almost 500 million citizens, the EU generates an estimated 31% share of the world's nominal GDP (US$16.6 trillion) in 2007.[1] It represents its members in the WTO and observes at G8 summits and at the UN. Twenty-one EU countries are members of NATO. Important institutions of the EU include the European Commission, the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union, the European Council, the European Court of Justice and the European Central Bank. EU citizens elect the Parliament every five years.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-08-2008 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Ajusting spelling

Old 11-08-2008, 08:20 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,722 times
Quote:
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

Sounds like what we, as Christians, should be striving for, on a personal level.
To end sin, seek forgiveness for our trespasses, seek His Righteousness, be Sealed by the Spirit, and walk into the holy Place.
Quote:

Time to get busy!

Old 11-08-2008, 08:35 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,741,459 times
Tell me about the Rapture so I'll be prepared!

Who would be the Anti Christ? I once thought I'd be Newt Gingrich!

I think I heard our Pope would be the last Pope.

Do I have to quit crossdressing?

Old 11-08-2008, 10:16 PM

702 posts, read 1,005,983 times
Default A Non-existent Lynch-pin Phrase

If you confine your expression of what you believe to the words God Himself chose to make His revelation known you would discover as I have that much of what we were told by others to practice or believe has no place in a strictly Scriptural Christianity.

Like the 4 times occurring phrase "great tribulation" never has the number 7 attached to it; in other words, the phrase "the 7 year(s) great tribulation" never occurs in Holy Writ. The 4 times "great tribulation" occurs are: Mt 24:21, Acts 14:22, Rv 2:22, Rv 7:14. It seems to me from their context they are not all speaking of the same event. In other words, "great tribulation" is a phrase applied to more than one thing. Some Preterists might say they are one thing. I have not absolutely proved or disproved that to my own satisfaction. Regardless, what is decisive is that the number 7 is not used in any occurrence of the phrase "great tribulation." This indisputable Bible fact, for those whose expressions of faith are limited to the actual words of the Bible, verified from the original languages, requires them to cease using it when discussing Bible doctrines unless as an illustration of a non-Biblical artifact. Without this phrase the whole eschatological time line scheme of racial dispensationalism collapses.

Here's a quick review of the 4 occurances of "great tribulation: the "great tribulation" referred to in Matthew 24:21 most probably refers to the persecution of the Jews culminating in the destruction of the temple in 70 AD. Then Acts 14:22 refers to what "great tribulation" must transpire in order for us to enter the kingdom of heaven. The promise of being thrown into "great tribulation" made by Jesus to those who commit fornication with the great prostitute (Rev 2:22) would seem to make it important to be very certain what this "Mystical Babylon" actually is. The remaining "great tribulation" (Rev 7:14) seems to me to be more generic, referring to those across the ages who have suffered for Christ, though some scholars believe it refers to the tribulation imposed by the Roman Empire upon the early Church. Apart from interpretations, the fact remains: THE NUMBER SEVEN IS NEVER USED IN A PHRASE CONNECTED WITH THE WORDS "GREAT TRIBULATION!!!"

There is in addition references to the general tribulation that occurs to anyone
living in the world in their humiliation of the flesh while the days are evil. About that Jesus says, "Fear not, for I have overcome the world."

There is only one tribulation that has verifiably not yet occurred. It is the one
that, under the anointing of the Holy Ghost, the saints bring to those not knowing God and not obeying the gospel, "...in the unveiling of the Lord Jesus from heaven with His powerful messengers..." (2 Thes 1:7; see 1:3-10.) ". . . having all in readiness to avenge every disobedience whenever your obedience may be completed." (2 Cor 10:6) This pertains to to transition into the next age which will be ruled by God's holy ones, His Royal Melchizedek Priesthood, those blessed and holy partakers of the Lamb's marriage feast, the Feast of Tabernacles fulfilled.

A common "non-answer" to the fact "7 year(s) great tribulation" is not in God's word I have examined in the following:

No adding up this here and subtracting that there will suffice to make up for the non-existence of this phrase. IT IS NOT WRITTEN! If you add the mentions of 3 1/2 years in the Revelation they equal 10 1/2 years. Perhaps there is meaning in adding up the various descriptions of this period. The 42 months indicate the perspective of the lunar reflective, rule over night, the menstrual cycle, church realm; the sun is the day perspective, emphasizing the Divine view; the years are seasonal perspectives, sowing and reaping, even generational; etc. While perhaps not "adding to" the word of the prophecy of this scroll as is warned against, it is certainly "adding" the words, pun intended. There is no warrant in the text to either do this or base so large a theory on such computations.

"Forty and two months" occurs twice (Rev 11:2; 13:5) but are they the same period? Should they be added into some grand total? Days (Rev 11:3; 12:6) add up to another 7 years but there is no lawful basis, that is, it is without Scriptural directive to do this "adding" as a foundation for claiming proof of some kind of seven years. They are apparently two mentions from "the Day" view of the same period. "Time, times and half a time" (Rev 12:14) happens once. So we have 10 1/2 years, 7 years of days and 7 years of months plus an assumed additional 3 1/2 years in times which equal 28 (four 7's?) years all told. Of course, without determining what is concurrent or consecutive we have no reliable results concerning our search for a specified seven year period.

Leviticus has the most numbers of any book of the Bible, containing the dimensions of the tabernacle. The book with the second most numbers in it is Revelation. Surely if God intended us to count on a closing 7 years period called the great tribulation it would seem of all books in which He would speak of it would be the Revelation. But no! It's not there! However many, perhaps even if all of the 3 1/2 year periods pertain to the same period only repeatedly mentioned, ALL, I repeat ALL these numbers were actually mentioning not 7 but 3 1/2 year periods. That is a fact. (It was 7 or 8 times mentioned if you assume the "time, times and half a time" is included.) Another fact: the Romans besieged Jerusalem 3 1/2 years before it's destruction.

My mind is dazzled by the almost unbelievable fact that people's lips say they believe the Bible then make a word such as "rapture" or a phrase such as "7 year(s) great tribulation," both of which are conclusively non-existent in the Holy Writings of the Oracles of God, to be kind of lynch-pins for something as important as the nature of the transition from "the last days" of this eon into "the new day" of the next. Of course this is done with other matters too, like the phrase "original sin" or "immortal soul," among many. It is absolutely a violation of my conscience as a Christian for whom the Bible is the objective standard for my faith and practice. "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." (Is 8:20)

I admit there are times when it is convenient or functionally irrelevant to use other words, like "eschatology" or "teleology" though these are based on Scriptural words. But I must insist, when we are attempting to access conclusively what is revealed in Holy Writ for our faith and practice we must confine ourselves to the words the Holy Spirit, God Himself, has chosen to make His revelation known. If we cannot conform ourselves according to the objective authority of what is or is not written we are deceived and will deceive others. This is not to say we are entirely outside of the grace of God. He is very merciful, and just as mankind in it's immaturity was winked at, so in our own childish ignorance we may have not come under the strict discipline of such adherence to Scripture.

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 11-08-2008 at 10:51 PM..

Old 11-08-2008, 10:20 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,312 times
Is this the plot to Ghostbusters 3?

Old 11-08-2008, 10:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
trying to 2nd guess god never works.
he says it will catch everybody by surprise nobody knows when the last days will
come, there will be signs but the exact day is not known.
stop trying. give it up.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:29 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
trying to 2nd guess god never works.
he says it will catch everybody by surprise nobody knows when the last days will
come, there will be signs but the exact day is not known.
stop trying. give it up.
Ditto!

I fail to understand what difference any of this makes with regards to what is expected of Christian behavior and practice,

other than a celestial threat.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:36 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,168,522 times
It's like a secret society, it's all written in code and no one knows more then that, to be a part of this secret society you must believe in supernatural. Secret society talks in scriptures and quotes, the debate is never ending.

Keep on decoding!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:43 PM

702 posts, read 1,005,983 times
Default Armageddon?

The Valley of Armaggedon is about 200 miles long, averages 5 miles wide and the "blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles..." (Rv 14:20) which would be approximately 5 feet. That is a definite volume, easy to calculate and discover how many quarts of blood at the rate of 8 quarts per adult human body would be in that volume. Aside from the question of where the corpses would go, there are over 9 trillion people that would need to be drained. Do you realize what a tiny fraction of that is alive now? It's about 1500 more for every one here now.

Also, as far as actual words in Revelation, there is no battle at Armageddon! The nations are only gathered to war.

If you study it out and consider our warfare is not with flesh and blood but in the valley between our ears you'll not only find something more edifying than the science fiction movie scenario, but you'll learn the same words of Scripture so if something occurs on the stage of future world history you'll recognize it and will have already dealt with the spiritual forces involved within your own self.

There's such a warrantless selectivity about people's use of the words of this most symbolic of the books of the bible. Here their whim is "literal," there it is "symbolic." Without rhyme or reason they defend to most bitter rankling division, rejecting one another because of some dubious interpretation or even non-existent teaching, all under the guise of being faithful to God's word. What about His commands to love one another? That's seems easily put aside while we argue about minutiae.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity