Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:24 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,593,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
This post makes it clear that you are more interested in trolling than you are an actual conversation. Telling people who base their lives on the Bible that it is not a source of information is no different in the level of arrogance than the things you've mentioned previously that you supposedly dislike.
So what about people who call me a Baby Murderer? I think that is much more harsh than saying the Bible is not a real source of information.

I have never killed a baby, never had an abortion..I actually stopped a friend of mine from having an abortion and yet, I am a baby murderer!? Ok.

And I am troll? Well, I hope I am one of those glow in the dark trolls that Burger King used to sell a few years ago!

Old 12-02-2008, 11:27 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,649,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
So what about people who call me a Baby Murderer? I think that is much more harsh than saying the Bible is not a real source of information.

I have never killed a baby, never had an abortion..I actually stopped a friend of mine from having an abortion and yet, I am a baby murderer!? Ok.

And I am troll? Well, I hope I am one of those glow in the dark trolls that Burger King used to sell a few years ago!
Have you performed an abortion?

Old 12-02-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Have you performed an abortion?
No. I have never performed an abortion or had an abortion. Why do you ask>

Old 12-02-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
No. I have never performed an abortion or had an abortion. Why do you ask>
You were clearly referencing one of my responses to you in another thread, except I did not call you a baby murderer. And not only did I not call you a baby murderer, you clearly missed the sarcasm in my post, which if you missed the sarcasm in such a blatantly obvious attempt, I won't try to explain it now as you likely would still miss the point.

Do you actually want to discuss the OP? It seems that when you get answers you don't like, you start ranting about Christians, which makes it hard to understand why you even asked the initial question. That is okay if that is what you want. I just don't want to attempt discussion if you are not interested in discussion.

If there was an Islamic forum, I would not go in and ask them why they do not consider Christ as the messiah unless I did not mind hearing their reasoning which likely is based on the Koran and teachings of muslim prophets. I would not expect their opinions to match mine, and would expect most of the responses to be things I personally do not agree with. They are free to believe what they wish though, so I would not start criticising them for their beliefs.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
You were clearly referencing one of my responses to you in another thread, except I did not call you a baby murderer. And not only did I not call you a baby murderer, you clearly missed the sarcasm in my post, which if you missed the sarcasm in such a blatantly obvious attempt, I won't try to explain it now as you likely would still miss the point.

Do you actually want to discuss the OP? It seems that when you get answers you don't like, you start ranting about Christians, which makes it hard to understand why you even asked the initial question. That is okay if that is what you want. I just don't want to attempt discussion if you are not interested in discussion.

If there was an Islamic forum, I would not go in and ask them why they do not consider Christ as the messiah unless I did not mind hearing their reasoning which likely is based on the Koran and teachings of muslim prophets. I would not expect their opinions to match mine, and would expect most of the responses to be things I personally do not agree with. They are free to believe what they wish though, so I would not start criticising them for their beliefs.
Wait..we talked about this before? Are you sure it was me? I think I remember getting into an argument with someone named "arizona sunset" or something...

But still, why did you ask if I performed or had an abortion? Is it really any of your business?

Oh, I want to talk the OP. But not if people come and tell me that I need prayers and stuff. But there is no point. And I do no start ranting about Christian. Jesus, I even say that I like Christ and Christianity but not the followers.

My words always get twisted around. But seriously, Christians really do need to stop being so close minded in this so called "free" country.

Anyways, it is almost 2 o clock where I live and my class is about to begin. I will more than likely log in later on at night. Haha, what else do I have to do? haha.

But yeah, talk to you later.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Wait..we talked about this before? Are you sure it was me? I think I remember getting into an argument with someone named "arizona sunset" or something...
Yes, I made a comment and you commented back. Maybe you did get my sarcasm as you did not seem to be bothered by what I posted in the thread I thought you were talking about. My apology for assuming that was what you were referring to.

Quote:
But still, why did you ask if I performed or had an abortion? Is it really any of your business?
The question actually had relevance to to post that I thought you were referencing. But since you were not, then the question was misdirected.

Quote:
Oh, I want to talk the OP. But not if people come and tell me that I need prayers and stuff. But there is no point. And I do no start ranting about Christian. Jesus, I even say that I like Christ and Christianity but not the followers.
Why would you lump all of his followers together? There are plenty of his followers that I do not agree with on topics or I feel way different than they do. And yes I even get annoyed at times. But when I enter a forum where there is a huge variety of personalities, beliefs, etc, I would expect at least a few responses that I am not crazy about, its a mixed bag when you are on a forum with this many members.
Quote:
My words always get twisted around. But seriously, Christians really do need to stop being so close minded in this so called "free" country.
Have you ever considered that you come across as fairly close minded about Christians? Most of your statements seem to be intended as blanket statements which would clearly be wrong if they were meant as such. But maybe you do not mean them as blanket statements and I am misunderstanding your intent. It wouldn't be the first nor last time that I have misunderstood what someone is saying on a forum.
Quote:
Anyways, it is almost 2 o clock where I live and my class is about to begin. I will more than likely log in later on at night. Haha, what else do I have to do? haha.
Study? Or maybe your class is not too bad and you can do studying right before the test like I used to do on easier classes. I always loved the ones that didn't require much effort outside of the classroom.

Quote:
But yeah, talk to you later.
See, you want to chat again. Maybe I'm not so bad after all?

Old 12-02-2008, 01:12 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,909,759 times
Please don't feed the trolls folks....report the posts and let us do our jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity