Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,753,029 times

Advertisements

Submitting to God early in the morning, will give you the ability to resist temptation from the devil in the afternoon, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God.

Pray very early in the morning be fore you go out to work. For One hour.

1 Peter 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
Rear James 4:1 - 10.Resist . . . devil -- Under his banner pride and envy are enlisted in the world; resist his temptations to these. Faith, humble prayers, and heavenly wisdom, are the weapons of resistance. The language is taken from warfare. "Submit" as a good soldier puts himself in complete subjection to his captain. "Resist," stand bravely against.

He will flee -- Translate, "he shall flee." For it is a promise of God, not a mere assurance from man to man [ALFORD]. He shall flee worsted as he did from Christ.

To put the whole Armor of God. In Ephesians 6:10- 18.

Eph. 6:16 The Shied of Faith. Faith is knowing that God will keep His promises. Faith in God protects you are tempted to doubt.

Eph. 6: 17. The Helmet of Salvation. Put the Hemet of Salvation by believing that Jesus Christ died for your sins and again.

The New Birth.

Eph. 6:14. The Breastplate of Righteousness. Righteousness is being honest, good, humble, and fair to others. It means standing up for weaker people.

Galatians 5: 22,23. The Fruit of the Spirit. Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self- Control, and Longsuffering.

Eph. 6:14. The Belt of Truth. truth keeps us from giving in to the world’s beliefs. Compare your beliefs and actions to the truth of the word of God.

Psalms 100: 3 - 5; Know ye that the Lord he is God; it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Eph. 6:17. The Sword of the Spirit. Which is the word of God. God’s word is our offensive weapon. When we tell others what the Bible says, the Holy Spirit helps people see their bad thoughts and actions, and makes them want to be forgiven.

Eph 6:17. Feet Prepared with the Gospel of Peace. The Gospel of peace is being contented in troubled times. Jesus said blessed the peacemakers, that shall be the Children of God.
We are the Children of light.

I Thessalonians 5:1-. 6 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day; are we not of the night, nor of darkness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 03:07 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Exclamation I must submitt al

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Submitting to God early in the morning, will give you the ability to resist temptation from the devil in the afternoon, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God.

Pray very early in the morning be fore you go out to work. For One hour.

1 Peter 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
Rear James 4:1 - 10.Resist . . . devil -- Under his banner pride and envy are enlisted in the world; resist his temptations to these. Faith, humble prayers, and heavenly wisdom, are the weapons of resistance. The language is taken from warfare. "Submit" as a good soldier puts himself in complete subjection to his captain. "Resist," stand bravely against.

He will flee -- Translate, "he shall flee." For it is a promise of God, not a mere assurance from man to man [ALFORD]. He shall flee worsted as he did from Christ.

To put the whole Armor of God. In Ephesians 6:10- 18.

Eph. 6:16 The Shied of Faith. Faith is knowing that God will keep His promises. Faith in God protects you are tempted to doubt.

Eph. 6: 17. The Helmet of Salvation. Put the Hemet of Salvation by believing that Jesus Christ died for your sins and again.

The New Birth.

Eph. 6:14. The Breastplate of Righteousness. Righteousness is being honest, good, humble, and fair to others. It means standing up for weaker people.

Galatians 5: 22,23. The Fruit of the Spirit. Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self- Control, and Longsuffering.

Eph. 6:14. The Belt of Truth. truth keeps us from giving in to the world’s beliefs. Compare your beliefs and actions to the truth of the word of God.

Psalms 100: 3 - 5; Know ye that the Lord he is God; it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Eph. 6:17. The Sword of the Spirit. Which is the word of God. God’s word is our offensive weapon. When we tell others what the Bible says, the Holy Spirit helps people see their bad thoughts and actions, and makes them want to be forgiven.

Eph 6:17. Feet Prepared with the Gospel of Peace. The Gospel of peace is being contented in troubled times. Jesus said blessed the peacemakers, that shall be the Children of God.
We are the Children of light.

I Thessalonians 5:1-. 6 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day; are we not of the night, nor of darkness.
......HELLO WORDISONE!!...Thank you for God's precious Wrd! I receive it in my heart. I love reading and spending long hours learning what God is trying to teach me, sometimes I'll look up at the clock, and 10 hours will have passed without me ever realizing it...I'm so hungry and thirsty for the for Him. The most precious aspect of it is, that I know it isn't about me at all, the times we are in, both naturally and spiritually, are so telling, if you know the signs. I feel this sense of urgency to listen to those crying out for answers, for truths and not opinions,..I MUST allow God to teach me, I must submitt to Him in every way so that He can use me, so I must learn His truths to help Him increase His kingdom. I know my purpose, (crying) ...and He has been so gracious to me to allow me to be so close to Him......I'm so honored...and I don't take it lightly...this is very serious. I'm so thankful that God directed me to this forum...everyone here is so precious to God..How everyone comes to the rescue...as best as they know how, to help one precious soul..but also to to be teachable and learn from one another .God is pleased ...and that makes me happy. I love you..God bless you WIO...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity