Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 06:41 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times

Advertisements

If you woke up this morning and just pray? If only to say: Thank you Lord for waking me up? Last night was'nt guaranteed you know, but you're here. Have a beautiful Sabbath morning!

Blessing to you all, Betsey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 07:50 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,487 times
Every morning I start off with , The joy of the Lord is my strenght.
We are down in Florida for a few weeks and it is so nice to be able to get out and walk. I just talk to the Lord and thank him for all he is and all he has done...blessings

Old 02-07-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
Every morning I start off with , The joy of the Lord is my strenght.
We are down in Florida for a few weeks and it is so nice to be able to get out and walk. I just talk to the Lord and thank him for all he is and all he has done...blessings
Blessings to you and yours. Yes, He is worthy of our praises.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:02 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Funny you mention this Betsey. I have an odd habit of praying when I'm first conscious in the morning. I pray before getting out of bed. Sometimes I doze off again, and repeat my prayers, but I do pray for the day and that the Lord will protect me..again, and again and again...then I get out of bed

God bless

Old 02-08-2009, 07:33 AM

Usually the mornings are pretty quiet around here. When I open my eyes in the mornings, the first thing I usually seek out is a ray of sunshine. My ears are usually "trained", so to speak, to hear the birds chirping outside my window, sitting on the tree branches. Even they are singing praises: "Glory to the Master"! I believe. (smiling).

Do you know that you can hear Him in the stillness of the day? Oh, that You have woken me/you up this morning Lord! Do you know the most dangerous times of your life is when you close your eyes to "sleep"?

Some of you say that you don't believe in God, nor do you have faith in Him. I ask you: Do you not go to sleep in blind faith? In hopes that you will be awaken the next day? Who do you think woke you up? Some built in mechanism that on cue; springs open you're eyes? Or, you're alarm clock that half of you don't hear anyway? Who? Do tell!

Opening you're eyes in the morning and inhaling a new breath, is not guaranteed. So why not rise with a new sense of gratefulness, that I'm ALIVE!! Thank you for waking me up this morning! Or just a simple whisper of .............Thank you Lord.

That's all. What do you have to lose?

Old 02-08-2009, 09:09 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Everything, BetseyLane-Denise. With so many on the loose.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
Everything, BetseyLane-Denise. With so many on the loose.
Of course, by the way of what you believe. Call on the name of Jesus and Satan will flee away from you, the very same thing in which you're trying to hold on to, effiebriest. But trust that He's here.............waiting on you..............to come as you are!

Old 02-08-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Of course, by the way of what you believe. Call on the name of Jesus and Satan will flee away from you, the very same thing in which you're trying to hold on to, effiebriest. But trust that He's here.............waiting on you..............to come as you are!

of(f) course!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
of(f) course!
Whenever you ready. I can help. And I hope that (f) is for forgiveness, cause you're gonna need that frequently. Forgive me Father for I have fallen. For He is faithful and just to forgave you.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Whenever you ready.
not for cold comfort, and such is what you seem to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity