Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 08:45 AM

904 posts, read 688,785 times

Advertisements

He stands at His right hand.
He sits at His right side.
We can be One with God and Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 09:12 AM

23,025 posts, read 34,423,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Maybe we're not on the same page at all. I certainly don't disagree with the doctrine of a Godhead made up of a Father, a Son, and a Holy Spirit. I believe in all three. I believe that all three are divine. I believe that all three are one in will, purpose, mind and heart. I'm sorry but I don't see how any of these verses prove that they are numerically one.
I believe they are all three one God. Maybe the post below explains it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yes, if by divinity you mean they are in the essence of YHWH in ontology not functionality or personhood. The Father is a person, the Son is a person, the Spirit is a person - 3 Tot. But they are one divine essence. They have different functional relationships within the Godhead (Divine Essence)

They are not three seperate divinities but three seperate persons.
This is what I believe too.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:49 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,723,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Because Jesus is the only one who died and rose from the grave. Christianity is the the only denomination who leader is still alive.
Quote:
Lazarus did not take on the sins of the world.
Well, again, that's what you believe. You have no proof of it. You're just reiterating the mythology you have been taught.

Mithra and Krishna were also gods born of a virgin who were murdered, died for their people, and rose from the dead three days later.

It's a common mythology throughout human history. Dig deeper.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:28 PM

28,117 posts, read 30,036,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yes, if by divinity you mean they are in the essence of YHWH in ontology not functionality or personhood. The Father is a person, the Son is a person, the Spirit is a person - 3 Tot. But they are one divine essence. They have different functional relationships within the Godhead (Divine Essence)

They are not three seperate divinities but three seperate persons.
My problem here is that people throw out the words "essence" and "substance" without being able to explain what they mean by them. What, to you, is an essence or substance.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,993,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Jesus is more than a Son.

shawn,
Are these the only words you read from my entire post?

Quote:
only 'the son'

Old 02-20-2009, 12:51 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,993,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
If this were true, then the ransom Sacrifice was a hoax and Satan wins the challenge and argument he gave God in the beginning.

By your definition here, Moses would have been God for performing all those miracles. The Prophets Elijah and Elisha should both be considered God on Earth because both resurrected people long before Jesus ever got here. Elisha also resurrected someone long after he was dead. Marauding bands of Moabites buried a man where Ilisha was and the man's body touched Elisha's bones and the man lived again. Were those dead bones God almighty as well ???

I guess the apostles Peter and Paul both were also God almighty since they resurrected the dead as well. By your own definition ONLY God in the flesh could have done such a thing and all of them were in the flesh.
Okay bluepacfic take a deep breath and calm down,

It's all about context.

You have taken what I said about Christ and what He did at a GIVEN TIME and took what I said out of context and then you twisted my words.

Quote:
Jn. 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and *I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
Could anyone but God in the flesh raise Himself from the dead?
Does this passage speak of Moses, Peter, Paul or any of the others you mentioned? No. Are Moses, Peter, or Paul speaking here? No.

Quote:
Jn. 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Could anyone other than God in the flesh give someone eternal life?
Again the same question as above applies and the answer once again is. No.

Quote:
Joh 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
Joh 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
Again I ask...Could anyone other than God call someone to come out of the 'grave' and back to life?
Again. Context. This is an event that happened at a given time. Is this Moses or Peter speaking? No.

I'm sorry you feel such a deep need to discredit Christ.

Last edited by mshipmate; 02-20-2009 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 PM

Hbr 11:19Accounting that God [was] able to raise [him] up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:19 PM

Mat 10:5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Mat 10:6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 10:7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mat 10:8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:23 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,403,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Okay bluepacfic take a deep breath and calm down,

It's all about context.

You have taken what I said about Christ and what He did at a GIVEN TIME and took what I said out of context and then you twisted my words.

Does this passage speak of Moses, Peter, Paul or any of the others you mentioned? No. Are Moses, Peter, or Paul speaking here? No.

Again the same question as above applies and the answer once again is. No.

Again. Context. This is an event that happened at a given time. Is this Moses or Peter speaking? No.

I'm sorry you feel such a deep need to discredit Christ.
Who's discrediting Christ ??? You said his raising people from the dead was proof enough that he was God in the flesh. All I said is that in the Bible says, that before and after Christ was here on earth, there were also prophets and apostles who also were in the flesh and raised the dead as well. But that does'nt mean they were God Almighty.

I don't know where that could have been misunderstood.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 PM

810 posts, read 1,439,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Who's discrediting Christ ??? You said his raising people from the dead was proof enough that he was God in the flesh. All I said is that in the Bible says, that before and after Christ was here on earth, there were also prophets and apostles who also were in the flesh and raised the dead as well. But that does'nt mean they were God Almighty.

I don't know where that could have been misunderstood.
I understood ya Blue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity