Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:37 AM

777 posts, read 1,441,731 times

Advertisements

I don't know if animals can really be possessed, but they sure can look like it.

http://www.360grafx.com/evildog.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 12:32 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
I don't know if animals can really be possessed, but they sure can look like it.
He's not possessed, the 'poor pooch" just missed couple shots, that's all.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:02 PM

777 posts, read 1,441,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
He's not possessed, the 'poor pooch" just missed couple shots, that's all.
I heard he used to be stand-in for the difficult shots on The Exorcist.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:05 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
That's one ugly dog. I think the dog needs plastic surgery. I think the person who posted the photo is possessed by several demons.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Animals dont have free will like man so my guess is that a spirit..
Could use an animal as a vessel,but not make the animal do things..
Thats my guess.
I agree because when Jesus cast all the demons out of the man, they ASKED to be allowed to go into the swine ( an animal that was considered unclean for UNCLEAN spirits) And ran over the cliff. Now prior to the demon infestation the pigs did not do this.
I personally will pray over my dog because of the possibility and witches can also use your pet to enter into. The book He came to Set the Captives Free by Rebecca Brown goes into detail about this. But let me warn you, this book is not for the faint at heart!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:32 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betsey lane View Post
he's not possessed, the 'poor pooch" just missed couple shots, that's all.
You funny!!!
:d:d:d:d:d

Old 03-11-2009, 02:04 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Animals dont have free will like man so my guess is that a spirit..
Could use an animal as a vessel,but not make the animal do things..
Thats my guess.

Not make the animal do things? You mean like run over a cliff and die en-mass...like the 2000 pigs did in the Bible?.......

Bud

Old 01-01-2010, 02:58 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
I do not know if animals can be completely demon possessed , but they are lead by the devil and can be sick and die by the devil if christians are not praying for their pet than, their pet can be a hazard in their life...... Holy Spirit told me that after I seen these large birds eating baby birds alive, that they were bothered by a carrion evil spirit. .. After I rebuked the spirit in Jesus name the birds scattered......The bible said if you turn away from the Lord God than, the beast of the field will devour your children...... In Heaven the Lord said that is were a lion can lay around together with a lamb and not hurt each other... Heaven is a place were evil spirit can not go.... Lord put a heart in the animals that they would be fearful of man...... In Noah ark the Lord Saved the animals lives and led them together to live on the ark during that time unchallenged by the evil spirit..... Animal have a spirit, but the Lord needed man to be his family because animals are not receptive..... Lord has a plan for the animals and hurting then is not desirable to heaven, but you can eat them. .... There was a pet shop who guarenteed`` If you pet dies with two week then bring them back to be replaced``Lord said that the guarentee to him is heartless and to not take the dead animal back.. See the heart of God.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:21 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Has anyone ever tried a "STOP...in the name of JESUS!" command to such an animal? What did it do? Just curious...
I have a puppy that will not stop eating my other dog's poop. I'm very good with dogs and the training of them but this is a problem I've never encountered and I'm having a hard time fixing it. I think I will try a "STOP... in the name of Jesus!" next time I catch her doing it. At this point, I'm desperate.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:14 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Have you ever wondered if animals can be possessed by demons? The recent news about a chimpanzee that viciously attacked a woman in Connecticut, nearly killing her, had me thinking about that possibility...

Animal experts are baffled by chimp attack (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090217/ap_on_re_us/chimpanzee_attack - broken link)

The 200lb animal attacked violently, seemingly without any provocation, and was familiar with the woman...she was no stranger. The chimp had apparently been a good companion and pet for 14 years, but then it's peaceful attitude had suddenly changed.

There is the story in the Bible about the man possessed by "Legion", (thousands of demons), who lived amongst the tombs and was naked:

Luke 8:
26And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee.
27And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.
28When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.
29(For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.)
30And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.
31And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.
32And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.
33Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.

Do you ever wonder about family pet dogs (and other animals) that turn mean and attack people? ...

Has anyone ever tried a "STOP...in the name of JESUS!" command to such an animal? What did it do? Just curious...

Bud
I have not read all the posts on this thread so excuse me if I have repeated myself. Yes, animals can be inhabited by demon. Remember when Jesus cast the demons out of the man and put them into the swine and then the swine ran over the cliff into the sea? Luke as above. The Word and Scripture says yes to your question.

Regarding the issue with the chipanzee... If I remember correctly the owner of the monkee was giving the animal a drug which was really stupid to begin with. That drug causes side effects in people but to give it to an animal was nonsense. Animals cannot handle things that people can handle. I don't think the animal was demonically influenced but freaking out over a medication that shouldn't have been given to it in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity