Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 09:12 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,532 times

Advertisements

Do you know the signed where Uncle Sam says America wants you, or the Marines need a few good men? Will Jesus says he needs a few good fishers of men.

Matt 4:18-22
(KJV) And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.
And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 09:48 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
How many of us are willing to follow the Lord in this manner? It is hard to give up what we know and follow what we dont.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:19 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,532 times
Smile Ears to hear and eyes to see.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
How many of us are willing to follow the Lord in this manner? It is hard to give up what we know and follow what we dont.

Hollowing greetings to you

The Lord says only those who have the ears to hear and eyes to see, they will follow, we must pray to God to give them ears to hear and eyes to see.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:22 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
not many to be had. that is why the recruiters fish the waters of mexico so much.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Thumbs up ...I've considered the cost...

..It wasn't until the Lord led me to this forum...that I realized the magnitude of the work that must be done...(first and most importantly for me)...in myself...and then secondly and just as important...in others. God led me here to teach me, and His "tools" for teaching me were and are, every single solitary one of you out there. My very first lesson was: Love-101...He knew I needed to learn to love His way...unconditionally...compassionately...showing the mercy He showed to me...with grace. Before He led me here...my fervent, tearful prayers were to God to give me His heart for people...to let me feel what His heart feels, to hurt for the things that hurt Him...and to have joy for the things that give Him joy......I had no idea what I was asking for......the pain is great..the joy...unspeakable. I cry a lot now. With this new heart, comes great sensitivity for other peoples' pain and their needs...so much pain...so many needs...I can't even begin to imagine how Father feels...Oh God...the Love that you have for us...JESUS!!...the Love You have for us...Amazing Love!!!......To have the Love of God implanted into your heart...makes everything else in life insignificant. So, the cost?...IS everything...this love makes all the temporary things around you-things that you used to think were important, pale in comparison to eternal things like salvation; a soul saved; an empty belly given food; a thirsty tongue given water to drink; a loving embrace; a loving word. ..Having His perspective, seeing His Son's face in the faces of every human being you look upon...I ask you...What is more important than this? Nothing...No-thing. In this...I have found freedom......liberty, the kind that the Bible talks about. Where all the "things" around you that used to be important, no longer have a hold on you...it takes away the care and concern for things that really have nothing to do with anything. Brings to "light" what His Word tells me about, not taking anything with us when we die...so..store up treasures in heaven..where they are everlasting...what freedom, to know that everything that is important, the eternal things, God our Father has already taken care of for us...if we will receive them...then, even the thought of death, is in it's own way, a liberating experience!...I say...What freedom!!..Hallelujuah!! Death doesn't even have a hold of you any longer!!...all fear is gone!! THIS is FREEDOM!! I'm ready...for what...I really have no "earthly" clue...but I'm ready. God has me adding up the numbers now...He has placed me deep in the middle of His will...He is my Source......and I want to serve Him...I want to please Him, so I will continue with His Spirit dwelling inside of me, to go forward wherever He leads me to go, sharing the Good News of His salvation, and continue learning and allowing Him to strengthen me in His beautiful ways...pressing on toward the Mark of His calling in Christ Jesus...I love you all very much. To God be all the glory forever. Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity