Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 08:29 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,666,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2centsinpa45 View Post
He said we will feel it in the article, and to stay faithful...the past two days, bad dreams of death, waking up crying....We must pray....
He is a false prophet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Has any of the saints stop to think that we together can have a major affect on what is and what is to come? Is not the Lord waiting for us to become ONE? Why do you think Satan spends soo much time keeping us divided so that we do not become unified? There is POWER in our unity!

Note when the Lord was about to destroy the Jews for making themselves a golden calf. Moses stepped in and ask the Lord to refrain from destroying his people...and the Lord did. Intercessory prayer is needed from the saints and for the saints and for those God has called out of the world. Yeshua left of a beautiful example of how to pray just before his death. In John Chapter 17 Yeshua prays for 1. himself, 2. his disciples 3. ALL believers (us and those to come after us)

Come on saints, my heart is braking here. God did not put us hear to suffer without a cause but to bring down heaven to earth. That's what the Lord's Prayer is all about "...thy kingdom come , thy will be done, ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN..." Please I beg of you, see God's plan in all of this; not man's.
Quote:
Has any of the saints stop to think that we together can have a major affect on what is and what is to come?
While I do agree with you that there is power in the prayers of the saints. We CANNOT stop God's plan from coming to fruition. We CANNOT stop prophecy from coming to pass.

And, and no offense here please, we are to pray for God's kingdom to come to the earth. However, I think you're misunderstanding what that means. There are things ( according to Scripture) that must take place first. Please seriously, and prayfully, read Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Then Christ will appear and bring in the kingdom. We CAN'T pray this into being/happening. It will happen in God's time. We can't hurry it up or slow it down. It's God's plan.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:31 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,857,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Awwww, come on. Dig a little deeper
Running the risk of being struck by lightning from an angry God, but please note the hour I was posting. I'll get out Strong's and Vine's for my next post I promise

Old 03-12-2009, 10:05 AM

1,042 posts, read 2,171,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I am in a loving, lively non denom church now. Don't put stock in any one denomination. However, I am eternally grateful for my SBC background that gave me a love for God's word and a passion to preach the gospel and share the love of Christ with the lost.
Just as a side note....your background sounds like it was a good one! I am thankful too for my Catholic upbringing but...well...I don't associate myself with the Catholic Church today.

I guess what I am saying Saintmarks, and this is all a side note to be sure, is that we need to drop our denominational labels altogether. We are one in the eyes of God (true Christians I mean). He sees only one Church per city. Just as in the days of the New Testament.

I think that's not only possible but His will for us. In no way, shape, or form am I saying that we need to comprimise truth to be "united". That's not neccessary.

Just my rambling thoughts for what they are worth. Maybe we need to start a new thread on whether we should drop denominational affiliations altogether or not. Hmmm....

Carlos

Old 03-12-2009, 10:07 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,666,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post
Just as a side note....your background sounds like it was a good one! I am thankful too for my Catholic upbringing but...well...I don't associate myself with the Catholic Church today.

I guess what I am saying Saintmarks, and this is all a side note to be sure, is that we need to drop our denominational labels altogether. We are one in the eyes of God (true Christians I mean). He sees only one Church per city. Just as in the days of the New Testament.

I think that's not only possible but His will for us. In no way, shape, or form am I saying that we need to comprimise truth to be "united". That's not neccessary.

Just my rambling thoughts for what they are worth. Maybe we need to start a new thread on whether we should drop denominational affiliations altogether or not. Hmmm....

Carlos
Agreed, I dropped the label years ago!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:22 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,857,194 times
Quote:

Carlos
I agree in theory, but this would be a major league swim upstream, and not a placid river either, but a roaring one.

While you and I agree on the division that denominationalism brings, God has allowed it. I will leave that one up to him to fix. Just look at any post on this Christian forum to see how entrenched folks are. It would wear a person out to try to fix that mess. Worse than herding cats.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I agree in theory, but this would be a major league swim upstream, and not a placid river either, but a roaring one.

While you and I agree on the division that denominationalism brings, God has allowed it. I will leave that one up to him to fix. Just look at any post on this Christian forum to see how entrenched folks are. It would wear a person out to try to fix that mess. Worse than herding cats.
I think I will start a new thread on this subject. Yes...folks may be entrenched but the fact is that we are not to go beyond what is written (that is what Paul said to the very one's who epitomize divisiveness New Testament wise...the Corinthians). I truly believe that if we stick to what is written and only to what is written...not embellishing, adding, or taking away from what is written that we will come to a place of agreeing with...well...what the Bible says .

Carlos

Old 03-12-2009, 01:04 PM

Dear my2centsinpa45,

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2centsinpa45 View Post
He said we will feel it in the article, and to stay faithful...the past two days, bad dreams of death, waking up crying....We must pray....
Please do not let these things get to you so. I don't know much of anything about you but if you are a true Christian...God loves you! He is for you and not against you. He wants to shield you in the shadow of His wings.

He is your all and you are His.

As Christians we are to be surrendered to God. Allowing Him to do with us whatever He wishes to do with us.

Some of us will die. Some will live. Some will be well off. Some will live in dire poverty. What matters is that we are God's. That He is wise and loving (however much our circumstances may tell us otherwise). All based on what the Bible says.

To die is glorious gain! To die sooner rather than later is very much better than to live on from the standpoint of being with the Lord quicker. If God wills it so...we can be content in that. Though also willing to live on if God wills that instead.

Focus on the next life. Not this one. We, as Christians, are only passing through. We will all die at some point. And we truly can't take anything with us.

Death is not something to be avoided at all costs. Suffering is also not forever (for true Christians). All suffering that we may endure in this life is temporary. A mere blip in the span of eternity. A blip so small as to be all but insignificant. It will pass.

Carlos

Old 03-12-2009, 01:47 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times
Quote:
Hmmm...

I wonder what the Christians being crucified or fed to lions in the Roman Colisseum might have thought of all that.

God does not promise to protect us as much as He promises to be with us and to give us grace to endure whatever comes our way with faith.

Carlos
I don't know what they would have thought. Maybe they expected to die. Who knows ! But I do know what I believe and that's what I stand on. I think you're wrong by saying God doesn't promise to protect us as much as he.....
Even one promise form God is enough, it's all based on your faith. If you don't have faith he will protect you in pearilous times, then he probably won't. Btw, there are many promises of safety in the bible. A lot of people just won't accept deliverance. Which is sad.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I don't know what they would have thought. Maybe they expected to die. Who knows ! But I do know what I believe and that's what I stand on. I think you're wrong by saying God doesn't promise to protect us as much as he.....
Even one promise form God is enough, it's all based on your faith. If you don't have faith he will protect you in pearilous times, then he probably won't. Btw, there are many promises of safety in the bible. A lot of people just won't accept deliverance. Which is sad.
Funny how Jesus, the perfect Son of God who did no wrong, was not protected enough to prevent His being crucified!

God does not protect us from suffering per se. That is most definitely biblical and true.

I am concerned that many persons who profess to be Christians will fall away when their God does not turn out to be the God they wanted Him to be...rather than the real God that He is.

There is this strange and completely unbiblical view, in the North American church (notice I used lowercase as opposed to the real Church which is His Body) especially, that Christians are prevented from suffering by a God who will give them all things to remain comfortable in this life.

Never mind that Paul was at times homeless, cold, and hungry. Never mind that Jesus was crucified. Never mind that Christians throughout the ages have suffered greatly for their faith. Never mind the list of those who had faith in Hebrews 11 many of whom suffered and some of whom were sawn in two.

We, Christians, WILL suffer! That is biblical. That is Scriptural. That is true.

Jesus suffered, not just on the cross, but in this life and we are called to follow in His footsteps! If God the Father did not protect His only begotten Son from suffering...we certainly can make no claim otherwise.

Carlos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity