Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times

Advertisements

And there continues to be doubters... We are here folks!

Quote:
“A U.N. panel will next week recommend that the world ditch the dollar as its reserve currency in favor of a shared basket of currencies, a member of the panel said on Wednesday, adding to pressure on the dollar,” reports a Reuters story this morning.
Quote:
The story comes just a day after the Moscow Times reported that Russian leaders are coming to the G20 summit of world leaders in London on April 2nd prepared to call for moving to a new single common currency. The leaders of Iran, Libya and Kazakhstan have also begun speaking about creating single currencies within their regions — the Middle East, Africa and Central Asia, respectively.
Quote:
. The “Euro” is the model many are looking to, in part because 20% of the world’s foreign exchange reserves are already held in euros.
U.N. PANEL SAYS WORLD SHOULD DITCH THE DOLLAR: World leaders discussing move to single currency « Joel Rosenberg’s Weblog

2 Peter 3

1Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. 2I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

3First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." 5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.[a]

11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.[b]That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

14So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. 18But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
ZOMG... where to start..

I guess starting with the fact that your quote negates your assumption (cause I think thats funny).

“A U.N. panel will next week recommend that the world ditch the dollar as its reserve currency in favor of a shared basket of currencies, a member of the panel said on Wednesday, adding to pressure on the dollar,” reports a Reuters story this morning.

read that agian.. ditch the dollar as its RESERVE CURRENCY

read that again.. it says zero.. nada.. nothing about one world currency.

Oh.. you may ask "Gosh bt whats a reserve currency?"

Great question! The reserve currency is a currency held by governments as part of their foriegn exchange reserves.

OH you may ask "Gosh bt whats a foriegn exchange reserve?"

Another great question!! Easiest way to explain is these are assets held for the purpose of stabalizing a domestic currency.

Back to the reserve currency discussion.

So 90% of currency reserves are already in Dollars or Euros with dollars being the overwhelming favorite (right now).

So I'm confused Carolina.. The world already has a "world currency" using your logic.. (as you obviously equate currency reserves with a 'world currency'). In fact.. again using your logic the world has had a world currency for.. like a long time now.

So again using your logic why is now the time of impending DOOM?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
ZOMG... where to start..

I guess starting with the fact that your quote negates your assumption (cause I think thats funny).

read that agian.. ditch the dollar as its RESERVE CURRENCY

read that again.. it says zero.. nada.. nothing about one world currency.

Oh.. you may ask "Gosh bt whats a reserve currency?"

Great question! The reserve currency is a currency held by governments as part of their foriegn exchange reserves.

OH you may ask "Gosh bt whats a foriegn exchange reserve?"

Another great question!! Easiest way to explain is these are assets held for the purpose of stabalizing a domestic currency.

Back to the reserve currency discussion.

So 90% of currency reserves are already in Dollars or Euros with dollars being the overwhelming favorite (right now).

So I'm confused Carolina.. The world already has a "world currency" using your logic.. (as you obviously equate currency reserves with a 'world currency'). In fact.. again using your logic the world has had a world currency for.. like a long time now.

So again using your logic why is now the time of impending DOOM?
Not once did I equate this with the OWC, but we are certainly moving in that direction.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Not once did I equate this with the OWC, but we are certainly moving in that direction.
Oh carolina.. really? A simple "I was wrong is so much more refreshing"

Lets rehash shall we:

The title of your thread is:

U.N. PANEL SAYS WORLD SHOULD DITCH THE DOLLAR: World leaders discussing move to single currency

Your opening line is then:

Quote:
And there continues to be doubters... We are here folks!
With the emoticons its like "man.. how can people not see this?"

So I can now assume two things:

1. You saw the story.. ran with it.. and had no idea what in the hell the article actually stated but the misleading headline trumped up whatever you were trying to say (which certainly was leaning towards OWC based on the headline and your first sentence).

or

2. You just thought it was an interesting financial article. I mean it could be that but this is a "Christian" sub form of a religion/philosophy forum so that really doesn't make any sense. Why post a "finance" article here?

Nope.. I'm going with number one.

So.. seeing how this is all so confusing are you willing to at least now say the article states zero.... nothing.... nada about a "One World Currency" idea nor does it have anything to do with a "One World Currency" idea..

You may substiture "One World Currency" for "Single Currency" in your answer back.

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Oh carolina.. really? A simple "I was wrong is so much more refreshing"

Lets rehash shall we:

The title of your thread is:

U.N. PANEL SAYS WORLD SHOULD DITCH THE DOLLAR: World leaders discussing move to single currency

Your opening line is then:

With the emoticons its like "man.. how can people not see this?"

So I can now assume two things:

1. You saw the story.. ran with it.. and had no idea what in the hell the article actually stated but the misleading headline trumped up whatever you were trying to say (which certainly was leaning towards OWC based on the headline and your first sentence).

or

2. You just thought it was an interesting financial article. I mean it could be that but this is a "Christian" sub form of a religion/philosophy forum so that really doesn't make any sense. Why post a "finance" article here?

Nope.. I'm going with number one.

So.. seeing how this is all so confusing are you willing to at least now say the article states zero.... nothing.... nada about a "One World Currency" idea nor does it have anything to do with a "One World Currency" idea..

You may substiture "One World Currency" for "Single Currency" in your answer back.

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.
You're pretty good at incorrectly assuming in a very snide manner. These sorts of stories have been coming out since last year. Multiple world leaders have called for an overhaul of the current system, including suggesting the eventual collapse of the dollar. A new system is on the horizon, and all the wealthiest nations area hoping for just that--France, Great Britain, China, Germany, and Russia.

So, how about getting over yourself with your poor assumptions, and if you don't have something intelligent or at least respectful to post, I ask that you please don't.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
You're pretty good at incorrectly assuming in a very snide manner. These sorts of stories have been coming out since last year. Multiple world leaders have called for an overhaul of the current system, including suggesting the eventual collapse of the dollar. A new system is on the horizon, and all the wealthiest nations area hoping for just that--France, Great Britain, China, Germany, and Russia.

So, how about getting over yourself with your poor assumptions, and if you don't have something intelligent or at least respectful to post, I ask that you please don't.
So I'll just keep asking the question until you answer:

Does the article you posted have anything to do with a "One World Currency" or a "Single Currency"?

Maybe this time I can get an answer.. we'll see (fingers crossed!)

Now to your other slanderous points:

1. I can't help that when false information is posted that I feel the need respond. Its at my core to flush out the wrong and replace it with the right.

2. Multiple leaders have called for an overhaul huh? I'm quite sure nobody is holding a gun to their head when they buy our greenbacks..

3. Oh.. and they've even suggest a collapse of the dollar. Well considering Dubya did a fine job of that they have nothing to worry about. Truly the only country that can "hurt" us is China. If they stop lending us the money.. we are up the creek. However.. there would go their entire market for goods.. kind of a prisoners dilemna if you will. So they can suggest a collapse of the dollar but there really isn't much they can do except tax the hell out of our exports... and considering we as a country don't export much except brain capital I'm not sure what that would do

4. So France and Germany want a new system do they. They don't like the Euro.. interesting. I hadn't read that. Any sources you can provide for that. Also I'm assuming by "wealthiest countries" by default you aren't including the United States. Just checking for clarity.

5. I'm constantly over myself. Stop posting bs articles and alluding to something that isn't true and I'll be happy to stop calling you out on it. You can ask me not to post all you want.. ask away. I'm gonna post when I see something wrong (which your thread is). So expect me to post away. You can always ignore me. Many have... many more will.

Now how about answering those questions..

Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
I don't adhere to any sensational end time belief. But...even leaving out the Left Behind scenario, there is compelling arguments in the Bible to suggest a one world order...a one world currency. If that is fact, what we are reading in the headlines today could be leading up to both the currency and order. It's interesting.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
This article talks about reserve currencies. Did you not learn anything from my earlier correction?

Quote:
Nice article.. and by nice I mean 100% biased considering the site proclaims to "stem the tide of globalism" and is committed to "disarming the new world order" (giggling to myself)

I really don't get what you are pointing to in this article. Banks need to be fixed in order for people to get jobs back? Yes.. yes thats true.

and..??? and your point is??

Quote:

again.. what is your point? do you have a point?

and..?? seriously what is your point? that somehow the GDP of many nations are is in contraction so somehow that means.. what? Explain Yo Self.

(~you don't want to explain yourself because it would just prove that the whole point of this thread was you think there will be a One World Currency and thus that would prove me correct (and you wrong).. just a guess~)

Quote:
Get it.. a "new world order" replacing the "old world order" of bretton woods... how you can't see the irony in this is beyond me.. yet very satisfying to me.

Holy Crap! After like 9 articles to zero ville you post this gem! Finally something of value! I mean.. its just an OPINION.. but nevertheless.. congrats!!!

There isn't anything in this article that remotely touches on the idea of One govt or one currency. i see we are back to missing the mark..

Sarkozy talks about reform.. wow.. big news.

oh look.. another article on reform..

I've now responded to your links..

any thoughts on answering my questions?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:38 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,146,119 times
I've been holding this in long enough, but now I just have to ask:

Do evangelical fundamentalists ever have anything positive and hopeful to say? Seriously, what's with all the constant fear-mongering? I really have to wonder if Jesus is pleased with the hellfire/brimstone/damnation, "world-is-coming-to-an-end" talk that only serves to depress people.

If people are supposed to turn to Jesus for hope, and Christians are supposed to preach the GOSPEL (which mean "good news"), then why all the preaching of BAD news? What the hell good does it do to preach doom and gloom, scaring people and making them think the Lord hates them? Aren't Christians supposed to be telling people how much the Lord LOVES them? Honestly this is why I will NEVER again return to the Pentecostal belief system or Church of God, or Baptist system. It's all about how to make people feel guilty and doomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity