Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 03:06 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times

Advertisements

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

sinner; 264: to miss the mark (and so not share the prize), to err, esp. (morally) to sin:_for your faults, offend, tresspass
worshipper*of*God; 2318: from 4576: to revere, i.e. adore:-devout, religious worship

many quote this in defense of their stance against hearing anything about God's nature that is anything BUT loving gentleness and kindness:
John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

but verse 48 says:

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day...

one*that*judgeth; 2919: to distinguish, i.e. decide; by implying to try, condemn, punish:_avenge, conclude, condemn, damn, decree, sentence to...

...the spoken Word shall judge those who reject the Spoken Word made flesh...the Son of man...He only came to save the world...now this does not mean that the whole world is saved...but that ONLY those who have accepted the WHOLE...ENTIRE...COMPLETE...HARMONIOUS Word of God...including ALL of it...especially the parts that He promises His wrath upon even those who may think they are saved, but in reality, they are not saved, because they have rejected His whole truth, and are blind to it, and in their confidence have demonstrated they do not care to know anymore than what they have been taught already... whether it is true or not...they could not tell you...

GOD ALREADY KNOWS WHO is and WHO will yet be a truly saved child of His.

Does anyone care to consider?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 05:43 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

sinner; 264: to miss the mark (and so not share the prize), to err, esp. (morally) to sin:_for your faults, offend, tresspass
worshipper*of*God; 2318: from 4576: to revere, i.e. adore:-devout, religious worship

many quote this in defense of their stance against hearing anything about God's nature that is anything BUT loving gentleness and kindness:
John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

but verse 48 says:

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day...

one*that*judgeth; 2919: to distinguish, i.e. decide; by implying to try, condemn, punish:_avenge, conclude, condemn, damn, decree, sentence to...

...the spoken Word shall judge those who reject the Spoken Word made flesh...the Son of man...He only came to save the world...now this does not mean that the whole world is saved...but that ONLY those who have accepted the WHOLE...ENTIRE...COMPLETE...HARMONIOUS Word of God...including ALL of it...especially the parts that He promises His wrath upon even those who may think they are saved, but in reality, they are not saved, because they have rejected His whole truth, and are blind to it, and in their confidence have demonstrated they do not care to know anymore than what they have been taught already... whether it is true or not...they could not tell you...

GOD ALREADY KNOWS WHO is and WHO will yet be a truly saved child of His.

Does anyone care to consider?
I know that God hears me, not because I'm speacial or better than anyone else, but because He says so in His Word. We all have sinned and fall short, so God knows our frame. I'm a worshipper but I'm still not perfect, but I know that God hears me because I see prayers answered.

I have heard God speaking to me and also have heard Him speaking to me while I sleep. So, I hear God and I also talk to God. And yes, I agree that God already knows, so when we do something wrong, it does not suprise Him, because He already knew because God is all knowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity