Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:53 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times

Advertisements

Here's something to ponder on for a moment..........For generations you have been taught, and held to be true, that you're are nothing but animals evolved, you are here by "chance", the "big bang" theory, and all the "other junk" that you were fed; what's occurring now is the result of that very belief, that there is no God. Why are you surprise now? That's the result of the deceit.

This is what happens when America bought into the notion that we should tolerate "anything "as long as it's not hurting us. It's looking the other way that has brought out to this dark place. This dark place that's about to become darker.

Do we not still have a voice? Does'nt the Constitution of America still stands? Where are the Christians, the Believers? We need to stand up! It's imperative that we STAND UP!! There is going to be a silencing of sorts, but not here YET! Use your voices while you still "have" them, people! Is America really the Godless? What ever happen to.....One Nation Under God, indivisible...

Look, love me or hate me, it does'nt matter one bit, what matters to me, to me, is that you take a stand and stop being content with sitting on the sidelines and being complacent, please. The last time I checked, HE IS STILL GOD ALMIGHTY! He still reigns, yes, He does.

Are you indivisible? Or, are you really invisible? Choose.

Betsey, with love

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 03-24-2009 at 01:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
You do realize that "under God" wasn't added to the Pledge until the 1950s, right?

Old 03-24-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You do realize that "under God" wasn't added to the Pledge until the 1950s, right?
Don't start!! Who cares? What matters is..........ARE YOU UNDER GOD?

Old 03-24-2009, 01:53 PM

302 posts, read 553,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Here's something to ponder on for a moment..........For generations you have been taught, and held to be true, that you're are nothing but animals evolved, you are here by "chance", the "big bang" theory, and all the "other junk" that you were fed; what's occurring now is the result of that very belief, that there is no God. Why are you surprise now? That's the result of the deceit.

This is what happens when America bought into the notion that we should tolerate "anything "as long as it's not hurting us. It's looking the other way that has brought out to this dark place. This dark place that's about to become darker.

Do we not still have a voice? Does'nt the Constitution of America still stands? Where are the Christians, the Believers? We need to stand up! It's imperative that we STAND UP!! There is going to be a silencing of sorts, but not here YET! Use your voices while you still "have" them, people! Is America really the Godless? What ever happen to.....One Nation Under God, indivisible...

Look, love me or hate me, it does'nt matter one bit, what matters to me, to me, is that you take a stand and stop being content with sitting on the sidelines and being complacent, please. The last time I checked, HE IS STILL GOD ALMIGHTY! He still reigns, yes, He does.

Are you indivisible? Or, are you really invisible? Choose.

Betsey, with love

Thanks Betsey. Changes seem to be happening to our country these days, to the Constitution, and to the value of the dollar --but this one thing is certain: The Almighty God never changes.

"In God We Trust" is more than the slogan on a dollar bill; it is the testimony of all true Christians.

"So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." Hebrews 13:6

Old 05-03-2009, 02:59 PM

I have a question for the "Christians" and Believers of the Gospel? Is prayer outlawed? The Constitution of America, does it still stand? So what the h--l is the problem?

Old 05-03-2009, 03:19 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Prayer is not outlawed and who is to monitor if we pray silently, or alone?
I believe most of us do most of our prayers in private..one on one with our Lord..It brings us closer in our personal relationship with him..

Old 05-03-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Prayer is not outlawed and who is to monitor if we pray silently, or alone?
I believe most of us do most of our prayers in private..one on one with our Lord..It brings us closer in our personal relationship with him..
That's true too. Nice, but present day affairs are also crying out a sought of boldness!!

Old 05-03-2009, 04:12 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,653,337 times
I agree we have to stand for what the Bible says and speak out as believers. It's easy to stay quiet when Satan is busy and active in the world. But we do need to voice God's message, be salt and light to a world in darkness. We need to speak the truth in love.

I heard a great joke:
A little girl goes up to her dad and says, "daddy where did we come from???" Dad says that God made Adam and Eve, they had children and populated the earth.
The little girl says, "Well mommy says we all came from monkeys and apes"
The dad says, "Well she's talking about her side of the family"

Old 05-03-2009, 04:41 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
United States Constitution, Bill of Rights, Amendment 1:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So Betsy, whose Creator/God do we worship?

Old 05-03-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
United States Constitution, Bill of Rights, Amendment 1:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So Betsy, whose Creator/God do we worship?
I will go with the one that wakes me up every morning and I don't mean the alarm clock either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity