Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:55 AM

33 posts, read 106,723 times

Advertisements

I came from Philadelphia to North Carolina for ministry. I truly belived that God had called me to this area. It's a city of 50,000 people and it's alot of traditional churches in our city. Churches who don't support other churches and ministries. I find most of the church leaders (pastors) are trying to position themselves to be the King or Queen of our city. In other words the number one pastor. It's like it's a game to many pastors in our city. I been in inner city ministries in Philly and Baltimore, but this area is crazy. I'm saying all of this because I'm am not sure if this is my assignment. I plan to spend alot time with God over the next 40 days layng before God and seeking his face for directions.

Our church ministers to the total man, woman and child. We want to see people move ahead in life spiritually, personally and professionally. We have events and services that support single mothers, fathers, (We target single mothers and fathers) married couples, young adults and young people. We provide outreach programs for seniors and we seek to make sure that they get to the doctors and to the Walmart and etc. We provide workshops to help people with financial management, home buying and health. I'm out of the box. I believe that as a pastor I must managed my ministry as a professional and still be into the word of God. Now I do all of this with about 6 to 10 people and I'm asked how can you do all of this ministry work with a few people. I just say I'm doing God's work.

My ministry is not be receive in this city. A pastor at another service told me that the church leaders in my community can't receive me because I believe in doing ministry right and I am totally about helping people. See, I understand that ministry is not about me. I don't know if this is a test or did I listen to God. But I will say I'm going to ask God if this is not the place of my assignment then please send me where I should go. I won't move until God order my steps. I just want to be a blessing to people and to the city my ministry is apart of. Do anyone out there understand what I'm saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,894,388 times
I understand what you are saying.

But you are planted to change things. It may not happen quickly...you may not even be the one that sees it(Moses never entered the Promised Land, ya know?)

If you believe God sent you there and you were being obedient in going, absolutely continue to pray about it and seek God's face for your direction.

In the meantime, seek first the Kingdom and all these things will be added unto you.

I will add you and your ministry to my prayer list.

By the way, where are you in NC? I'm in NC too!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:02 AM

33 posts, read 106,723 times
Between Greenville and Rocky Mount.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:33 AM

140 posts, read 459,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I understand what you are saying.

But you are planted to change things. It may not happen quickly...you may not even be the one that sees it(Moses never entered the Promised Land, ya know?)

If you believe God sent you there and you were being obedient in going, absolutely continue to pray about it and seek God's face for your direction.

In the meantime, seek first the Kingdom and all these things will be added unto you.

I will add you and your ministry to my prayer list.

By the way, where are you in NC? I'm in NC too!
Ditto. If you truly felt led here, then don't assume that it's not right because you don't fit in with the other church leaders there. You may have been led there BECAUSE you are unlike the others. You are needed by a group of God's creation that the other ministries are choosing not to reach! If all of them were like you, then you wouldn't have the opportunity to use the gifts He's given you to the fullest. God has given you such an opportunity to do great things in His name, and is obviously confident that you are the one for the job and can do it with His help, or you wouldn't be there. I know it's not easy to not be accepted by your peers- especially in your case, but the only thing that matters is that your work is acceptable and pleasing to God. As long as you are consistant with His Word and direction in your ministry, you will see His plan unfold. As for your peers, treat them lovingly, but let their issues and problems with your ways be between them and God. Pray for them and allow God to work in their hearts.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:17 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,601,814 times
LOL. Oh yea, you are in the RIGHT place alright. When you ruffle the feathers of the natives and demons, you are in the right place. Pray that God send you more workers and prayer warriors because you are going to need them for intercessor prayer DAILY. I will pray for you also. May the Lord direct you and protect you as you bring for the Glory of our Lord.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:01 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,286,458 times
Unhappy Be ready for a good fight!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OIT2GOD View Post
I came from Philadelphia to North Carolina for ministry. I truly belived that God had called me to this area. It's a city of 50,000 people and it's alot of traditional churches in our city. Churches who don't support other churches and ministries. I find most of the church leaders (pastors) are trying to position themselves to be the King or Queen of our city. In other words the number one pastor. It's like it's a game to many pastors in our city. I been in inner city ministries in Philly and Baltimore, but this area is crazy. I'm saying all of this because I'm am not sure if this is my assignment. I plan to spend alot time with God over the next 40 days layng before God and seeking his face for directions.

Our church ministers to the total man, woman and child. We want to see people move ahead in life spiritually, personally and professionally. We have events and services that support single mothers, fathers, (We target single mothers and fathers) married couples, young adults and young people. We provide outreach programs for seniors and we seek to make sure that they get to the doctors and to the Walmart and etc. We provide workshops to help people with financial management, home buying and health. I'm out of the box. I believe that as a pastor I must managed my ministry as a professional and still be into the word of God. Now I do all of this with about 6 to 10 people and I'm asked how can you do all of this ministry work with a few people. I just say I'm doing God's work.

My ministry is not be receive in this city. A pastor at another service told me that the church leaders in my community can't receive me because I believe in doing ministry right and I am totally about helping people. See, I understand that ministry is not about me. I don't know if this is a test or did I listen to God. But I will say I'm going to ask God if this is not the place of my assignment then please send me where I should go. I won't move until God order my steps. I just want to be a blessing to people and to the city my ministry is apart of. Do anyone out there understand what I'm saying?

Yes I do understand what you are saying,
You're dealing with territorial spirits, spirits of disunity,and Religious spirits another pastor that left to go to NC to start his ministry fought this spirit.shared this with me... also some 30 yrs. ago. a pastor was in this city in NC and all agree that there is an great abundance of witchcraft in the pews.
The spirit of Jezebel is strong in NC also..
some of your petitions to God, may be some of these.
I understand that the traditions of men here don't mind fighting the men of God to the bitter end, for their territory and the fight is not necessarily a fair one.
Just how I understand it, from other ministers.. reliable resources!
Not all churches but, enough to seek God's face as you are already doing

Old 04-18-2009, 05:14 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,286,458 times
Default Thanks!! Amen

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
LOL. Oh yea, you are in the RIGHT place alright. When you ruffle the feathers of the natives and demons, you are in the right place. Pray that God send you more workers and prayer warriors because you are going to need them for intercessor prayer DAILY. I will pray for you also. May the Lord direct you and protect you as you bring for the Glory of our Lord.

Thanks for being bold eyewrist ;
One will have to call for reinforcement, you'll need all you can get..
So sad, but it's true..
One pastor left to go back to his native country, and didn't want to return to the ministry , until someone pleaded with him to.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:05 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,695,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OIT2GOD View Post

If you are effective in what you are doing, who cares what others are doing? Who cares if other pastors recognize you?

I do understand what you're saying, when you talk about feeling like a fish out of water. Urban and rural areas operate differently. They just do. And it's not that one is necessarily right and the other one wrong. But if your gifts and abilities and passions are more closely akin to urban ministry, that may be something to think seriously about.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:22 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,889,654 times
I pretty much agree with the others: I think you are likely in the right place, because the majority of the other pastors in your city are in the ministry for themselves, to make a name for themselves, instead of doing the will of God. What this does is to create a lack of genuine Holy Spirit led pastors there. It seems you are one of the few pastors really wanting to serve God there, so I'd stay right where you are, unless God makes it very plain and evident He wants you elsewhere.
If the enemy complains and criticizes you openly (public persecution or criticism, even if from pastors, or whoever), then you can be sure you are doing something right...
I will pray for you too...that God will send laborers to assist you...

Bud

Old 04-18-2009, 08:41 PM

492 posts, read 962,645 times
Start your ministry on a street corner.

'If you build it, they will come'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity