Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 12:28 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,678 times

Advertisements

I'm 19, university student(maths), of latin heritage but with dual nationality.

When I'm not in lectures or studying, I go gliding with my friends from the gliding club or jump out of plane with friends from the skydiving club that I founded in December. I use my youth(that is to say lack of grey hairs) as an excuse to go everywhere and try anything I feel worth doing.

Here I am flying a 65 year old boat with wings(Slingby T-21):
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs028.snc1/2579_61348705670_547580670_2094774_6848585_n.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 12:41 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
It's so nice to "meet" the other "side" to everyone! It's true about preconceived notions...after reading through this thread (just noticed it!), I realize I had a lot of people pegged wrong!

I am 38, divorced for 3 years after an 18 yr marriage. Have 4 kids ages 22, 18, 6, and my baby will be one on Sunday! My 22 yo daughter is a college graduate, married for almost one year to an awesome man who is a youth minister, has a great job, and is my best friend. My 18 yo son lives with my ex, is a senior in high school, and is the best baseball player in Tulsa. My 6 yo son is actually my great nephew, whom I've had custody of since he was 3 wks old, so he's mine! My baby daughter was a surprise, but a blessing, and we're celebrating her birthday tomorrow.

I love to read, scrapbook, spend time with friends and family, keep a clean and organized home, but hate to cook!

I was laid off from my Administrative Assistant's job, so now I'm cleaning homes, which works well right now, as it's flexible (great with a one year old). I have also done a lot of substitute teaching in the past.

As for gray hairs, if I didn't color mine monthly, it would be a 50/50 mix of red and gray. I'm way too young to have so much gray hair!

I added a pic to my profile. My hair is all red now though.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:55 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
hey, you look great! especially with this sort of nana mouskouri glasses ...

Old 04-24-2009, 01:01 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
It's so nice to "meet" the other "side" to everyone! It's true about preconceived notions...after reading through this thread (just noticed it!), I realize I had a lot of people pegged wrong!

I am 38, divorced for 3 years after an 18 yr marriage. Have 4 kids ages 22, 18, 6, and my baby will be one on Sunday! My 22 yo daughter is a college graduate, married for almost one year to an awesome man who is a youth minister, has a great job, and is my best friend. My 18 yo son lives with my ex, is a senior in high school, and is the best baseball player in Tulsa. My 6 yo son is actually my great nephew, whom I've had custody of since he was 3 wks old, so he's mine! My baby daughter was a surprise, but a blessing, and we're celebrating her birthday tomorrow.

I love to read, scrapbook, spend time with friends and family, keep a clean and organized home, but hate to cook!

I was laid off from my Administrative Assistant's job, so now I'm cleaning homes, which works well right now, as it's flexible (great with a one year old). I have also done a lot of substitute teaching in the past.

As for gray hairs, if I didn't color mine monthly, it would be a 50/50 mix of red and gray. I'm way too young to have so much gray hair!

I added a pic to my profile. My hair is all red now though.
Hey, our twin boys will be one on Sunday. We're hoping for good weather since we've invited more people than our house will hold. Right now the 10-day forecast calls for rain, but they're usually wrong that far out.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:23 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Hey, our twin boys will be one on Sunday. We're hoping for good weather since we've invited more people than our house will hold. Right now the 10-day forecast calls for rain, but they're usually wrong that far out.
How awesome that is!! So we were both very happy on April 26, 2008. I wanted to celebrate on her birthday, but my daughter has a marathon to run that day, so we're doing it tomorrow instead. Supposed to be cloudy but 80 degrees here. I hope your weather turns out perfect!!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:28 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Funny how our preconceived notions can be so far from the truth....I thought you were a "nice old man"....lol....because of the name, I thought you were a man...but you were nice in your posts to me... Nice to meet you MRS. Curly...

You mean like this??
Too funny!!! Nice to meet you too, Mrs Sherryturner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
For me it was. Whenever I hear 'curly' I think of the famous threesome

Remember my 'stand up guy' comment?

LOL...awe, the famous threesome.... and yes, I have had quite a few comments because of them and the name curly. And they assumed I was male....because of it.

I've been told I do resemble him some what!!!! ....JK...

And yes, I do remember the comment....lol
Matter fact others in that thread were wondering if I was going to lead you on to believe I was a 'stand up guy'!!
But I thought it would be funnier to see your reaction to the 'stand up gal'....lol!
Really my intentions were not to embarrass ya!! Actually at the time I thought, how am I going to tell him I'm not a dude!!

Blessings

Old 04-24-2009, 01:54 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
36 yr old male. Bald. Acts 24. Loves college football and all its pageantry.

I'm a huge University of Tennessee fan and automatically assume any person who likes the University of Alabama is evil. My theory is 100% correct 65% of the time.

Alas now I'm in San Antonio with my beautiful wonderful wife... and I'm an amateur bbq person who totally enjoys smoking brisket, ribs, cream cheese stuffed sausage logs etc.

I shall be re-taking up photography again very soon.

P.S. Point of interest. If you are ever in Knoxville TN (the picture above) and find yourself crossing that second bridge across the river.. Look for a place called "Smoky's Market". Lady behind the counter makes THE BEST grilled cheese sandwich.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:04 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Neat picture Big T, I have actually seen those bridges! We actually may move to Knoxville someday. Now how many coons have you barbecued since living in Texas??

Old 04-24-2009, 03:10 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,865 times
ILNC, if you end up there they have an awesome fireworks display off the Chapman Highway bridge called Boomsday. It is a beautiful thing to see! I love Knoxville, such a beautiful place!

I am a SAHM and married to my bestest of best friends...Big T! We actually are celebrating our 8th Anniversary on Tuesday. We are a true love story, God had our paths literally cross on an interstate in Tennessee. We have a beautiful young daughter and I treasure every second I have with her. All I have to do is hear this song,and I break down in tears.
YouTube - Steven Curtis Chapman Cinderella Music Video & story

I love love love to sing. If I could do that every second of everyday I would be thrilled. I would like to build a recording studio in our house and not ever sell one single thing from it. I wish I could play musical instruments like Allison Krauss, whose work I adore!

I love the beach and the mountains (right June ) and have been fortunate enough in my short life to live at each of them.

I also love the discussions that city-data have brought to our dinner table. While I don't post a lot anymore, I sure do read it all. It has helped us grow our marriage and our faith so for that I will forever be thankful!

Last edited by little_thirsty; 04-24-2009 at 03:33 PM..

Old 04-24-2009, 03:11 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Neat picture Big T, I have actually seen those bridges! We actually may move to Knoxville someday. Now how many coons have you barbecued since living in Texas??
I miss Knoxville.. I'm a mountain person.. as you know we aren't around many mountains here in south texas.

As to the coons.. I ... I can't do it. I can eat lots of stuff (and have) since being in San Antonio.. cow tongue.. cow cheek... but I just can't do racoon.

I think its because I had that kids magazine growing up that had a racoon on it with a ranger hat.

Now brisket... I could eat brisket all day long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity