Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:54 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,219,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
God is sure good to us and He works in mysterious ways, for sure!!

Amen. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 05:40 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
dear bluefly, i guess, in the scheme of things, it might not matter; however, i will throw this out, perhaps, for additional discussion. you say above that some people refer to angels as "spirit guides". since the beginning of time, god named celestial beings angels, cherubim, and seraphim. i wonder why another name would be adopted beyond that of the creator's?

Hey there, The name does not matter so much does it? The couple that actually helped me to make my way to Jesus was an elderly Native American couple (cherokee mostly, but several other tribes as well.) Anyway, they called angels "spirit guides". We didn't talk much on the subject, but I thought that was a lovely term.

This couple was originally catholic, suffered an excruciating tragic death in their family, went back to their native ways, and then discovered Jesus.
and they helped me.

and I am forever grateful.

God speaks to ALL of His children.
In different ways.
In surprising ways.

peace.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:10 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,456,594 times
My mother always use to tell us we have a Guardian Angel, but we were to use common sense. In times of need I ask God to please send me some of his Angels specific to my needs/problem. A few years back I had read about people asking Angels for favors directly. I feel it's best to ask God to send them since he knows which ones are best and that he is in charge of them. Really great thread, I have enjoyed reading these posts.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:28 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,351,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
My mother always use to tell us we have a Guardian Angel, but we were to use common sense. In times of need I ask God to please send me some of his Angels specific to my needs/problem. A few years back I had read about people asking Angels for favors directly. I feel it's best to ask God to send them since he knows which ones are best and that he is in charge of them. Really great thread, I have enjoyed reading these posts.

i, through the scriptures, believe that all blessings come from god. all favor comes from god. the bible says..."the prayers of the righteous avail much." we are taught that if we need any thing we are to ask, in faith, god. we are to pray to no other but to god through christ his son. consequently, i believe that we ask of god, and he determines the works. this work is accomplished, i'm sure, in many ways---some of it through god's ministering beings, angels..."...show kindness to strangers for in so doing you may tend angels unaware...." i sure would, out of human curiousity, like to know these mysteries now. in time, i hope i will in the afterlife.

Last edited by kingchef; 05-10-2009 at 09:26 AM..

Old 05-10-2009, 03:19 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,604,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
An absolute statement that is absolutely wrong.

Matthew 18, Acts 12, and Hebrews 1....just to name a few.

It would be nice if......nothing...forget it.
...if some would read scripture before answering? That would be nice and half of the debates on these threads would be diminshed and we could move on to a higher spritiual level. I know.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:35 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,902,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
...if some would read scripture before answering? That would be nice and half of the debates on these threads would be diminshed and we could move on to a higher spritiual level. I know.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:23 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,528,773 times
here's to all the angels gathering on this thread...

YouTube - Angels Watching Over Me

Old 05-13-2009, 04:08 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,543,185 times
This is a true story that I related to one of my daughters this past Sunday as the water receded from the flooded lower level of our house..She posted this in her blog..I will allow her to tell my story..

ANGELS AMONG US!
Category: Religion and Philosophy
Ok, so you don't believe in Angels, well maybe this story will change your mind. It did mine.
As you all know, Pike County was just hit with some terrible flooding. Among some of the communities that was hit was one that my parent's live in, Winns Branch in Zebulon
My mom and dad were watching as the water was rising not never thinking that the water would get into their house. As they were watching,the water creep up to the front door they started moving some of their valubles to higher ground.
As the two of them was working so hard and worringy too, a lady shows up in a small truck to offer help! Mom, let her come in and she started in moving mom's collectibles from the curio cabinet and clearing the book shelves along with some of her other valuables. After getting what they could to mom's dining room upstairs, the both went out to the upper porch to watch the water keep rising.
Mom asked the lady if she would like to have a cup of coffee, and she politely said no. Mom went in to get her cup and when she came back out to talk to the Lady she was gone!!! Even the small truck that she was driving was gone even though it was almost completely submerged by water.
She didn't tell mom that she was leaving she left as mom went in to get her coffee.
Now if this doesn't get you to believing at least maybe to belive a little or wonder, just how in the world that sweet lady could have managed to walk through the deep water to get into her truck that was almost covered and leave. If you have a better answer i would love to know.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:50 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,137,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
hey there, the name does not matter so much does it? The couple that actually helped me to make my way to jesus was an elderly native american couple (cherokee mostly, but several other tribes as well.) anyway, they called angels "spirit guides". We didn't talk much on the subject, but i thought that was a lovely term.

This couple was originally catholic, suffered an excruciating tragic death in their family, went back to their native ways, and then discovered jesus.
And they helped me.

And i am forever grateful.

God speaks to all of his children.
In different ways.
In surprising ways.

peace.

amen!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:53 PM

355 posts, read 447,719 times
There are non-believers that will not accept the facts that a supreme being created this Earth and all living beings, and is watching over us. They refuse to believe in any spiritual beings including angels.

Should the non-believers ever encounter unpleasant or unfortunate situations in life, they will not be rescued by angels, nor will their souls be saved when it is their time to face the Lord on Judgment Day. Those people have chosen their fate and it will be doom and misery in the long term.

The Lord and His angels will protect the people that have faith and respect for our Savior Jesus Christ. The faithless, the wrongdoers, and the athiests will not be protected, and I continuously pray that they will eventually turn their lives around and come to their senses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity