Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 03:20 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,223,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Responsible to who? I don't agree with that term. This is about God's attributes and that is getting the glory and sharing none, As long as God gets the glory He will always remain God. God will never go against His nature or else he ceases being God. If it gives Him the glory then He will do it and if that means sending people to hell, then that is what it means. We can't sit here and judge or compare God to Dr. Frankenstein. He does what He want and we MUST understand it despite how we feel.

If I found out today that there is no hell then that would be fine with me because I trust that God is good and right but if you found out if hell exist. Could you say the same?
Here is the definition:

Responsible (Dictionary.com)

1.answerable or accountable, as for something within one's power, control, or management (often fol. by to or for):2.involving accountability or responsibility: a responsible position. 3.chargeable with being the author, cause, or occasion of something
[/quote]

I am talking about all being out of God. The scriptures tell us that He all is out of Him. He is the source of all things and He takes the responsibility. He knew exactly what would happen in the creation and intended for all to happen. If He didn't then He is not all knowing and He is not Sovereign. This is one reason why I believe that He will deliver all of creation as is revealed in Romans 8. He subjected the creation to futility (He did) and He will deliver the creation. I know that everlasting hell does not exist because the scriptures teach that God will reunite all things in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1) and that He will deliver the creation from the slavery to corruption and change it into the glorious freedom of the children of God. (Romans 8) I have also read that Jesus is to fill all things. This is where my belief comes from and I don't see how these scriptures can be denied. Back a little later, Lord willing- must do some errands. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 03:26 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,585,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I am talking about all being out of God. He is the source of all things and He takes the responsibility. He knew exactly what would happen in the creation and intended for all to happen. If He didn't then He is not all knowing and He is not Sovereign. This is one reason why I believe that He will deliver all of creation as is revealed in Romans 8. He subjected the creation to futility (He did) and He will deliver the creation. I know that everlasting hell does not exist because the scriptures teach that God will reunite all things in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1) and that He will deliver the creation from the slavery to corruption and change it into the glorious freedom of the children of God. (Romans 8) This is where my belief comes from. God bless.
I didn't ask you that. I asked you if you found out that hell exist and that God has an eternal hell. Would you be ok with that? If I found out that hell did not exist and that rapists, murderers who die in their sins unrepentant go to heaven I would be ok with it because I trust God and know He is always right.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-04-2009 at 03:37 PM..

Old 05-04-2009, 03:46 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,561,694 times
I, for one, am not in fear of Christ's second coming. If I am not ready for my eminent death, I am not ready for that either. I chose to be ready at all times.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:47 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,845,000 times
God is responsible to Himself, His Word, His glory, His justice. God makes Himself responsible for what He wills.

I see the part where God is willing that none should perish is that none that have chosen Him shall perish.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:49 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,506,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

Whaaaaat?!! Your comparing the sovereignty of God with Dr. Frankenstein?

I knew someone who couldn`t defend it would say this. We are talking about free will here fundy, hello! Nobody is comparing God to Dr. Frankenstein. But I think you know that. Like a lot of others have stated about your post, you are very close minded and choose to attack. That`s why I believe God is using you for his purpose in this forum, to compare your attitude and post ( fundamentilist view)to ones who try to show God is in control.

Quote:
It is obvious you don't know the attributes of God. He did it for His glory which is your good and not the other way around.
Quote:
What? Did I say he didn`t do it for his glory? Fundy, you really need to start reading what people write instead of just typing stuff that makes no sense at all.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:56 PM

63,955 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
[/b]

I knew someone who couldn`t defend it would say this. We are talking about free will here fundy, hello! Nobody is comparing God to Dr. Frankenstein. But I think you know that. Like a lot of others have stated about your post, you are very close minded and choose to attack. That`s why I believe God is using you for his purpose in this forum, to compare your attitude and post ( fundamentilist view)to ones who try to show God is in control.

[b]
What? Did I say he didn`t do it for his glory? Fundy, you really need to start reading what people write instead of just typing stuff that makes no sense at all.
Glory schmory! I really get upset with these primitive mischaracterizations of God. When will we grow out of them? Can you actually see Jesus doing ANYTHING for Glory? Only egotistic immature humans consider that a relevant motivation for our already glorious God. Bah . . . humbug.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I didn't ask you that. I asked you if you found out that hell exist and that God has an eternal hell. Would you be ok with that? If I found out that hell did not exist and that rapists, murderers who die in their sins unrepentant go to heaven I would be ok with it because I trust God and know He is always right.
Again, a post that makes no sense. If you found out that what you believed was wrong and YOU and your family were going to hell, would you be ok with that? I mean, since we are talking hypotheticals here. If you found out hinduism was the right religion, would you be ok with that? If you found out muhammad was right, would you be ok with that? What is the point of this question..

Old 05-04-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Glory schmory! I really get upset with these primitive mischaracterizations of God. When will we grow out of them? Can you actually see Jesus doing ANYTHING for Glory? Only egotistic immature humans consider that a relevant motivation for our already glorious God. Bah . . . humbug.
Let not your heart be troubled

Old 05-04-2009, 04:28 PM

852 posts, read 1,367,250 times
hummm. I think I'm a little late in the thread to say this. I've been thinking about it for a good portion of my day. I said that the bible tells us some will lose faith and someone asked if that was in scripture....i think it is...in Revelations...where it talks of the anti-christ coming and many will think it is Jesus. If I'm wrong...I need to know...but as far as I know, i've always understood this to be so. i will study more when tonight when I get home. Am at work right now and don't have time to look it up.
This thread has traveled a ways today...are we back to the existence of hell? How'd it go from the chosen to that? I'll have read more of it later.
Have a great afternoon!

Old 05-04-2009, 05:45 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,223,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD

Quote:
Let not your heart be troubled
Amen, spm62. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity