Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times

Advertisements

Here's a few before 1000 AD:

AD 247, Christian prophets declare that the persecutions by the Romans are a sign of the impending return of Jesus.

AD 300 Lactantius Firmianus (AD c260 - AD c340), called the "Christian Cicero", from his Divinae Institutiones: "The fall and ruin of the world will soon take place, but it seems that nothing of the kind is to be feared as the city of Rome stands intact." Rome would fall in AD 410. --TEOTW pg 27

AD 300 St. Martin, Bishop of Tours: "Non est dubium, quin antichristus...There is no doubt that the Antichrist has already been born. Firmly established already in his early years, he will, after reaching maturity, achieve supreme power." --TEOTW pg 27

AD 365, Hilary of Poitiers predicted the world would end in 365.

AD 380, The Donatists, a North African Christian sect, predicted the world would end in 380.

AD 387 St. Ambrose, Bishop of Milan, identified the Goths with Ezekial's Gog. The Goths had just destroyed the Imperial army at Adrianople, prompting Ambrose to say, "...the end of the world is coming upon us." --TEOTW pg 27

AD 410 When Rome was sacked, some proclaimed, (as reported by St. Augustine of Hippo) "Behold, from Adam all the years have passed, and behold, the 6,000 years are completed." This alludes to the Great Week theory, held by many millennialists, that the God-alloted time of man on earth was 6,000 years, to be followed by a thousand years of peace under the earthly reign of Christ. --TIME pg 30

AD 500 At the mid-fifth century, Vandal invasions recalled calculations that the world would end in the year 500, 6000 years after Creation, and spurred new calculations to show that the name of the Vandal king Genseric represented 666: the number of the Beast. --Apoc pg 34

AD 500 Hippolytus of Rome, a third-century theologian supported the oft-accepted (for the day) view of the end of the world occuring sometime around the year AD 500. He used a mass of scriptural evidence, including the dimensions of the ark of the covenant. --TIME pg 31

AD 500 Roman theologian Sextus Julius Africanus (ca. 160-240) predicted the second coming of Jesus in the year 500.

AD 500 The theologian Irenaeus predicted the second coming of Jesus in the year 500.

AD 590 Bishop Gregory of Tours, who died in AD 594, calculated the Time of the End for sometime between 799 and 806. --Apoc pg 48

AD 793 Elipand, bishop of Toledo, accused Beatus, abbot of Liebana, of having prophesied the end of the world. Beatus made the prediction on Easter Eve, predicting the end of the world that very night, sparking a riot. --Apoc 49-50

AD 800 Sextus Julius Africanus predicted the second coming of Jesus in the year 800.

AD 800 Beatus of Liébana, not having learned anything from the riot he started in 793, wrote in his Commentary on the Apocalypse that the world would end in the year 800 at the latest.

AD 806 Bishop Gregory of Tours predicted the world would end between 799 and 806.

Ad 848 The Christian prophetess Thiota predicted the world would end in 848.

Armageddon Online - Failed Armageddon & End of the World Predictions and Prophecies

I've made it no secret that I believe it's a fruitless and resource wasting pastime, the obsession some have with preparing for the literal 'end' of the world.

Of course the bible actually speaks of the end of an era, or 'age' which was to be fulfilled in Jesus' own generation (as was).

But it's a lot more fun (and profitable) to speculate about the
miracle working anti-christ or a Nephilim alien invasion, isn't it?

Some of my friends say stuff like "Why care for the earth - it's all gonna burn anyway"

Several days ago someone sat 2 feet in front of me explaining why there are questions about Obama's birth certificate (they said "It's because his dad is really from" *pointing down toward the ground* "down there!".)

An elderly family member of mine is broke having given all their retirement money to missionaries - supposedly hasting the end of days ("this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached to all nations - then cometh the end!").

So, the more TBN satellite receivers we pay for the sooner Jesus comes back, right?

I realize that many have learned their lesson from the y2k scam, but really - these scams seem never ending! What do you guys think?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 10:21 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I've made it no secret that I believe it's a fruitless and resource wasting pastime, the obsession some have with preparing for the literal 'end' of the world.

Of course the bible actually speaks of the end of an era, or 'age' which was to be fulfilled in Jesus' own generation (as was).

But it's a lot more fun (and profitable) to speculate about the miracle working anti-christ or a Nephilim alien invasion, isn't it?
Jesus' second coming will take place on His timetable, not ours. Until He puts His foot on the Mount of Olives, we would do well to continue to follow and obey His commands.

Quote:
Some of my friends say stuff like "Why care for the earth - it's all gonna burn anyway"

This should not be, as we were given dominion over the earth to subdue and care for the creation God entrusted us with. We should be good stewards ... but not lift the creation to a higher plane than the Creator.

Quote:
Several days ago someone sat 2 feet in front of me explaining why there are questions about Obama's birth certificate (they said "It's because his dad is really from" *pointing down toward the ground* "down there!".)

Some people do believe this. It's not my opinion, but others are entitled to theirs. However, I don't believe there's any support for it (at this time, anyway )

Quote:
An elderly family member of mine is broke having given all their retirement money to missionaries - supposedly hasting the end of days ("this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached to all nations - then cometh the end!").

What others do with their money is up to them. Their reasons should be to further the Kingdom and nothing more. Again, Jesus will return at the appointed time ... whenever that may be. We won't (and can't) know the day or the hour.

Quote:
So, the more TBN satellite receivers we pay for the sooner Jesus comes back, right?

No. There's nothing man can do to 'speed up' what has been planned since the beginning of creation.

Quote:
I realize that many have learned their lesson from the y2k scam, but really - these scams seem never ending! What do you guys think?

I believe the Bible gives us signs that point to the "age" when Jesus will return. However, our understanding of these signs is cloudy. Yes, we can point back in history to many "ages" when those folks believed they were living in the 'last days'. Are they decieved? Maybe. Are they anxious for Christ to return? We should all be ready to face Him whenever that might be and anxious for His return. Should we cease to believe Jesus will ever return or believe that He has already returned as described in the scriputes? No. We need to understand that God's timing is not our timing and we should continue to live for Him until we leave this earth ... either by death or being caught up in the clouds.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:41 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Jesus' second coming will take place on His timetable, not ours. Until He puts His foot on the Mount of Olives, we would do well to continue to follow and obey His commands.

This should not be, as we were given dominion over the earth to subdue and care for the creation God entrusted us with. We should be good stewards ... but not lift the creation to a higher plane than the Creator.

Some people do believe this. It's not my opinion, but others are entitled to theirs. However, I don't believe there's any support for it (at this time, anyway )

What others do with their money is up to them. Their reasons should be to further the Kingdom and nothing more. Again, Jesus will return at the appointed time ... whenever that may be. We won't (and can't) know the day or the hour.

No. There's nothing man can do to 'speed up' what has been planned since the beginning of creation.

I believe the Bible gives us signs that point to the "age" when Jesus will return. However, our understanding of these signs is cloudy. Yes, we can point back in history to many "ages" when those folks believed they were living in the 'last days'. Are they decieved? Maybe. Are they anxious for Christ to return? We should all be ready to face Him whenever that might be and anxious for His return. Should we cease to believe Jesus will ever return or believe that He has already returned as described in the scriputes? No. We need to understand that God's timing is not our timing and we should continue to live for Him until we leave this earth ... either by death or being caught up in the clouds.
Good post!
No one knows the hour.
Just because some have dreams about times being hard...etc. etc. it doesn't mean they are saying He is coming tomorrow....or next year...or 10 years...
That is one thing of the things I think people want to think they are saying....and we can hope...
but I still stand on my thoughts which are "God give me one more day to plant those seeds."
btw...yes, I know there are some who say...okay...in the year 2012...or whatever year it is they say...
we, as God's children are to be watchful though.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:35 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,493,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Good post!
No one knows the hour.
Just because some have dreams about times being hard...etc. etc. it doesn't mean they are saying He is coming tomorrow....or next year...or 10 years...
That is one thing of the things I think people want to think they are saying....and we can hope...
but I still stand on my thoughts which are "God give me one more day to plant those seeds."
btw...yes, I know there are some who say...okay...in the year 2012...or whatever year it is they say...
we, as God's children are to be watchful though.
Greetings, Sherry Turner! I know the hour! A. D. 70 in the Roman invasion and destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple. He came just as He had promised He would come. Yet many missed His coming and still look for Him in the same way the "Jews" of today still look for Him because they missed His first visitation!

Preterist

Old 05-07-2009, 06:24 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,838 times
I can't imagine the Lord just letting us flap in the wind. Surely there would have been a book/letter written about the happenings. Something! The Bible is full of messages from the Lord...yet He'd leave out something as important as that? I just can't imagine that.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:30 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
2 Peter 3

The Day of the Lord

1Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. 2I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

3First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." 5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

14So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
17Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. 18But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Scoffers have been saying the same things as well. Knowledge has increased and signs that were misunderstood or overlooked have been interpreted now and understood. The signs are here. YES....we're done.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:27 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Greetings, Sherry Turner! I know the hour! A. D. 70 in the Roman invasion and destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple. He came just as He had promised He would come. Yet many missed His coming and still look for Him in the same way the "Jews" of today still look for Him because they missed His first visitation!

Preterist
That's interesting. I've never heard this before. Please explain further.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:39 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,493,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
That's interesting. I've never heard this before. Please explain further.
Greetings, Bluefly: The first-century Jews, in spite of the clear teachings in the OT Scriptures, missed the first coming of Christ at His birth in Bethlehem. They sought a political Messiah who would free them from the yoke of Rome.

As Jesus drew near the city of Jerusalem, He wept over it and said, "If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation" (Luke 19:41f). Jesus is, of course, predicting the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the Temple in A. D. 70. The Roman armies did indeed surround the city and close the Jews in so that no one could leave. They ultimately destroyed the city and the Temple!

Many Christians today acknowledge that the Jews of Jesus' day completely missed His coming and still to this day look for His first appearing. Those same Christians are themselves guilty of missing His second coming which He clearly declared was to take place in His generation and would impact those very believers of that generation.

"For assuredly, I say to you [the Twelve], YOU will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes" (Mat. 10:23).

"Assuredly, I say to you [His disciples right there with Him] there are some standing HERE who shall not taste death till THEY see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom" (Mat. 16:28).

"Assuredly, I say to you, THIS generation will by no means pass away till ALL these things [everything that has preceded] take place" (Mat. 24:34).

[To Caiaphas and the Sanhedrin]--"Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you [Caiaphas and the Sanhedrin] will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power and coming on the clouds of heaven" (Mat. 26:64). That very Caiaphas and that very Sanhedrin were to see His coming!

James clearly announced that "the coming of Lord is AT HAND" (James 5:8).

Peter taught that "the end of ALL things is AT HAND" (1 Peter 4:7).

The Thessalonians of that first century generation were promised rest from their trials AT HIS APPEARING. Also at His appearing, God would repay those very ones who were then persecuting them with the same trouble. His appearing involved those very Thessalonians and those very Jews who persecuted them. See 2 Thessalonians 1!

The reason there is no Olivet Discourse in John's Gospel is because the Book of Revelation IS his Olivet Discourse--in great detail, detail he was given when he was told to "come up here" (Rev. 4:1). The synoptic writers were given the outline; John was given the full account. The timing of the Revelation is impossible to honestly refute. John was shown those things which were in his day to "shortly" take place because the time was THEN near. This timing is given in both the first and the last chapters of the book. In Revelation 22 the angel tells John to NOT seal up the words of the prophecy of the book because the time is NEAR. This is contrary to Daniel who was TO seal up the words of the prophecy because the time was far off--"many days in the future" (Dan. 8:26).

The majority of Christians today still look for a coming which has already occurred. Sadly, far too many have given up on this world because they look for an escape from this world before a great tribulation to come. The biblical truth, however, is that the great tribulation is far behind us and was primarily for the whole world but for that first-century generation of Jews upon whom Jesus pronounced woes. In the Jewish Wars which culminated in the complete destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple was the fulfillment of the promise that those very Jews would receive the same treatment they had inflicted upon the Church!

There is no end of the world; the Bible speaks of a time of the end. Big difference. That age of Judaism and OT, physical Israel came to end in A. D. 70 and the promised age of the Church, which included both Jews and Gentiles, was fully established and continues to expand to this day and will do so beyond this day.

We are NOT in the last days. The writer of Hebrews clearly stated that "in THESE last days" they were spoken to by the Son. Acts 2 clearly indicates that the supernatural occurrences on the Day of Pentecost were those very things Joel predicted would occur in the last days! The scoffers Peter speaks of are scoffers of his day (the last days) and not of ours.

Disavowing these plain truths found in the Scriptures, the Church has opened itself up to justifiable attacks by atheists and agnostics--people who, ironically, see what the Church does not see--that Christ boldly and plainly announced that He was coming back in that first-century time frame. They point their fingers at the Church today and say "Jesus said He was coming back in the lifetime of His first-century disciples. According to the Church, He did not. He lied. He is a false prophet." They further and correctly assess that the apostles taught that Jesus was coming back in their lifetimes. According to the Church, He has still not come. They are deceivers and false teachers." The bottomline, according to these critics, is that Christianity is a false religion!

We must stop making the Church, the Body of Christ, a laughing stock to the unbelieving world and our Lord an object of ridicule.

Preterist

Old 07-07-2009, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,338 times
Default No One Knows

To God a second is like a thousand years. Alot of people want to predict the second coming. The bad thing is everytime they predict a time you can be assured that the time they chose is NOT it. Why? because the Bible says no one knows, not even the angels. I have always said " you cant live until your ready to die". So we need not worry about the time when He comes again, only if we are ready for the time.
Thanx for reading

Quote:
[FONT=verdana]Here's a few before 1000 AD:[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 247, Christian prophets declare that the persecutions by the Romans are a sign of the impending return of Jesus. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 300 Lactantius Firmianus (AD c260 - AD c340), called the "Christian Cicero", from his Divinae Institutiones: "The fall and ruin of the world will soon take place, but it seems that nothing of the kind is to be feared as the city of Rome stands intact." Rome would fall in AD 410. --TEOTW pg 27 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 300 St. Martin, Bishop of Tours: "Non est dubium, quin antichristus...There is no doubt that the Antichrist has already been born. Firmly established already in his early years, he will, after reaching maturity, achieve supreme power." --TEOTW pg 27 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 365, Hilary of Poitiers predicted the world would end in 365. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 380, The Donatists, a North African Christian sect, predicted the world would end in 380. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 387 St. Ambrose, Bishop of Milan, identified the Goths with Ezekial's Gog. The Goths had just destroyed the Imperial army at Adrianople, prompting Ambrose to say, "...the end of the world is coming upon us." --TEOTW pg 27 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 410 When Rome was sacked, some proclaimed, (as reported by St. Augustine of Hippo) "Behold, from Adam all the years have passed, and behold, the 6,000 years are completed." This alludes to the Great Week theory, held by many millennialists, that the God-alloted time of man on earth was 6,000 years, to be followed by a thousand years of peace under the earthly reign of Christ. --TIME pg 30 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 500 At the mid-fifth century, Vandal invasions recalled calculations that the world would end in the year 500, 6000 years after Creation, and spurred new calculations to show that the name of the Vandal king Genseric represented 666: the number of the Beast. --Apoc pg 34 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 500 Hippolytus of Rome, a third-century theologian supported the oft-accepted (for the day) view of the end of the world occuring sometime around the year AD 500. He used a mass of scriptural evidence, including the dimensions of the ark of the covenant. --TIME pg 31 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 500 Roman theologian Sextus Julius Africanus (ca. 160-240) predicted the second coming of Jesus in the year 500. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 500 The theologian Irenaeus predicted the second coming of Jesus in the year 500. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 590 Bishop Gregory of Tours, who died in AD 594, calculated the Time of the End for sometime between 799 and 806. --Apoc pg 48 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 793 Elipand, bishop of Toledo, accused Beatus, abbot of Liebana, of having prophesied the end of the world. Beatus made the prediction on Easter Eve, predicting the end of the world that very night, sparking a riot. --Apoc 49-50 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 800 Sextus Julius Africanus predicted the second coming of Jesus in the year 800. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 800 Beatus of Liébana, not having learned anything from the riot he started in 793, wrote in his Commentary on the Apocalypse that the world would end in the year 800 at the latest. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]AD 806 Bishop Gregory of Tours predicted the world would end between 799 and 806. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Ad 848 The Christian prophetess Thiota predicted the world would end in 848.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana][URL="http://www.armageddononline.org/failed_armageddon.php"]Armageddon Online - Failed Armageddon & End of the World Predictions and Prophecies[/URL][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]I've made it no secret that I believe it's a fruitless and resource wasting pastime, the obsession some have with preparing for the literal 'end' of the world. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Of course the bible actually speaks of the end of an era, or 'age' which was to be fulfilled in Jesus' own generation (as was).[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]But it's a lot more fun (and profitable) to speculate about the [/FONT][FONT=verdana]miracle working anti-christ[/FONT][FONT=verdana] or a [/FONT][FONT=verdana]Nephilim alien invasion, isn't it?[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Some of my friends say stuff like "Why care for the earth - it's all gonna burn anyway" [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Several days ago someone sat 2 feet in front of me explaining why there are questions about Obama's birth certificate (they said "It's because his dad is really from" *pointing down toward the ground* "down there!".)[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]An elderly family member of mine is broke having given all their retirement money to missionaries - supposedly hasting the end of days ("this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached to all nations - then cometh the end!"). [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]So, the more TBN satellite receivers we pay for the sooner Jesus comes back, right?[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]I realize that many have learned their lesson from the y2k scam, but really - these scams seem never ending! What do you guys think?[/FONT]

Old 07-07-2009, 06:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Here's a few before 1000 AD:

AD 247, Christian prophets declare that the persecutions by the Romans are a sign of the impending return of Jesus.

AD 300 Lactantius Firmianus (AD c260 - AD c340), called the "Christian Cicero", from his Divinae Institutiones: "The fall and ruin of the world will soon take place, but it seems that nothing of the kind is to be feared as the city of Rome stands intact." Rome would fall in AD 410. --TEOTW pg 27

AD 300 St. Martin, Bishop of Tours: "Non est dubium, quin antichristus...There is no doubt that the Antichrist has already been born. Firmly established already in his early years, he will, after reaching maturity, achieve supreme power." --TEOTW pg 27

AD 365, Hilary of Poitiers predicted the world would end in 365.

AD 380, The Donatists, a North African Christian sect, predicted the world would end in 380.

AD 387 St. Ambrose, Bishop of Milan, identified the Goths with Ezekial's Gog. The Goths had just destroyed the Imperial army at Adrianople, prompting Ambrose to say, "...the end of the world is coming upon us." --TEOTW pg 27

AD 410 When Rome was sacked, some proclaimed, (as reported by St. Augustine of Hippo) "Behold, from Adam all the years have passed, and behold, the 6,000 years are completed." This alludes to the Great Week theory, held by many millennialists, that the God-alloted time of man on earth was 6,000 years, to be followed by a thousand years of peace under the earthly reign of Christ. --TIME pg 30

AD 500 At the mid-fifth century, Vandal invasions recalled calculations that the world would end in the year 500, 6000 years after Creation, and spurred new calculations to show that the name of the Vandal king Genseric represented 666: the number of the Beast. --Apoc pg 34

AD 500 Hippolytus of Rome, a third-century theologian supported the oft-accepted (for the day) view of the end of the world occuring sometime around the year AD 500. He used a mass of scriptural evidence, including the dimensions of the ark of the covenant. --TIME pg 31

AD 500 Roman theologian Sextus Julius Africanus (ca. 160-240) predicted the second coming of Jesus in the year 500.

AD 500 The theologian Irenaeus predicted the second coming of Jesus in the year 500.

AD 590 Bishop Gregory of Tours, who died in AD 594, calculated the Time of the End for sometime between 799 and 806. --Apoc pg 48

AD 793 Elipand, bishop of Toledo, accused Beatus, abbot of Liebana, of having prophesied the end of the world. Beatus made the prediction on Easter Eve, predicting the end of the world that very night, sparking a riot. --Apoc 49-50

AD 800 Sextus Julius Africanus predicted the second coming of Jesus in the year 800.

AD 800 Beatus of Liébana, not having learned anything from the riot he started in 793, wrote in his Commentary on the Apocalypse that the world would end in the year 800 at the latest.

AD 806 Bishop Gregory of Tours predicted the world would end between 799 and 806.

Ad 848 The Christian prophetess Thiota predicted the world would end in 848.

Armageddon Online - Failed Armageddon & End of the World Predictions and Prophecies

But it's a lot more fun (and profitable) to speculate about the miracle working anti-christ or a Nephilim alien invasion, isn't it?

Profiting from the gospel springs to mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity