Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:22 PM

73 posts, read 128,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

Fundamentalist, God who is said to be love does not create an everlasting hell ahead of time knowing the "choices" that people will make and then send them there with no hope of salvation. What is cruelty to you? God who knows all hearts and who fashions all hearts wins all hearts or God who creates everlasting hell for all who are said to be blind, lost, deceived knowing this before He created them? God will not force us against our wills. He will change our wills. Every, every knee will bow in adoration/worship and every, every knee will proclaim, confess, give thanks to Him. All will be done willingly.

Hebrews 2:8
Thou didst put all things in subjection under His feet. For in that He subjected all things unto Him, he left nothing that is not subject to Him. But now we see not yet all things subjected to Him

Psalms 22:
27. All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD,
And all the families of the nations will worship before You.
28. For the kingdom is the LORD'S
And He rules over the nations.
29. All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship,
All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep his soul alive

Psalms 66
4. "All the earth will worship You,
And will sing praises to You;
They will sing praises to Your name." Selah

Zephaniah 3
8 "Therefore wait for Me," declares the LORD,
"For the day when I rise up as a witness.
Indeed, My decision is to gather nations,
To assemble kingdoms,
To pour out on them My indignation,
All My burning anger;
For all the earth will be devoured
By the fire of My zeal.
9. "For then I will give to the peoples purified lips,
That all of them may call on the name of the LORD,
To serve Him shoulder to shoulder

1 Corinthians 15:26 . For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.26. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.27. For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.28. When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

God bless.

Well said!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 06:50 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,354,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom0204 View Post
OK, I am really trying to understand your perspective but I am really having a difficult time when weighing it against the bible. Do you deny the existance of hell?
Of course not; all five hells exist. In fact Jesus Christ went to hell when He died..."You will not leave my soul in hell, neither will you suffer Your holy One to see corruption."

Quote:
How about evil?
All evil, sin, iniquity will be destroyed by the brightness of His glory, not shoved into some corner of His Realm! Destroyed, neutralized, made nill! Do you know that the same mass of mankind "made sinners", are the mass of mankind ultimately "made righteous"? It is so!

Quote:
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart? -Alexander Solzhenitsyn-

Last edited by Birdy_56; 05-11-2009 at 06:58 PM..

Old 05-11-2009, 07:14 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,223,400 times
Quote:
OK, I am really trying to understand your perspective but I am really having a difficult time when weighing it against the bible. Do you deny the existance of hell? How about evil? I don't understand how one can biblically deny that hell exists when Jesus speaks of hell, separation, and the possibility of not entering the kingdom of heaven. Mt. 7:21-23 ''Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!''
Hi supermom, I believe that many will experience hell, the severe judgments of God but I believe that this is for a higher purpose, leading to their eventual restoration to God. There are very many scriptures which speak of this purpose of God. Evil exists but it will not always exist. Jesus came to destroy the works of satan and He is is to abolish all rule, power, and authority (excluding God's) including the rule of satan and power of sin in the world. (1 Cor. 15) This tells me that evil will not exist forever in everlasting hell. Many will not enter the kingdom when Jesus returns and this is seen in terms of the ages. The scritptures speak of the ages which are indefinite periods of time. Many will not be saved in this age and in the age to come, but eventually all will be restored to the Father. Many scriptures relating to this are posted in the Restitution of All thread , the Hell thread and related threads if you are interested. Thanks for sharing and God bless.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM

283 posts, read 410,127 times
Hey,

lets try setting some foundation on these verses first lets take Shannabrown when she quoted Zephaniah 3:9 I think it was I'm sure the unies if I can call you that no offense just an abrv who was he talking to and at what event was he talking about?

next lets look at some "all's" psalms 22:7 All who see me mock me they hurl insults, shaking their heads. was this Davids personal beef with his people or prophetic to the cross the Lamb of God? notice the seeming change in mood as he goes on from passive to victorious such as vers 27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord and all the families of the nations will bow down before him. when is this time why the Day of the Lord you see. At his rein on earth there won't be many nations only one the bride the New Jerusalem. one must look at who and when these things are said start there it becomes very clear when you have your foundations laid.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 PM

Hi .sparrow,
I was thinking on these words that you shared earlier and it is so true. God has placed that need in each of our hearts and most are looking in the wrong places. God knows how to get our attention and He will get it and enable us to know that only He can fill that need. God who is love will subject all to Himself. Love will rule in all hearts,

Quote:

WE ALL JUST WANT TO BE LOVED.
WE ALL WANT LOVE.
GOD IS LOVE.
WE ALL WANT GOD.

A lot of us just don't quite understand that yet. A lot of us just do not REALIZE that the thing we've been searching for all of our lives is LOVE. (God)

GOD sees our HEARTS

I wanted to share this with you. I found a video of this young man a few weeks ago and I could not get the song out of my head. I did not know what the words meant because he was singing in Latin, but I knew that it was a beautiful song and Andrew touched me when he sang it in some earlier videos. I just found out what the words were today, sparrow, and I believe that God led me to share it. God bless.

[SIZE=3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECIwP-2KBxA&feature=related[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Pie Jesu (Latin):

Pie Jesu, Pie Jesu,
Pie Jesu, Pie Jesu,
Qui tollis peccata mundi;
Dona eis requiem,
Dona eis requiem.

Agnus Dei, Agnus Dei,
Agnus Dei, Agnus Dei,
Qui tollis peccata mundi;
Dona eis requiem,
Dona eis requiem.
Sempiternam, sempiternam requiem

Pie Jesu (English):

Pious Jesus, Pious Jesus
Pious Jesus, Pious Jesus
You who take away the sins of the world;
Grant them peace,
Grant them peace.

Lamb of God, Lamb of God,
Lamb of God, Lamb of God,
You who take away the sins of the world;
Grant them peace,
Grant them peace.
Peace everlasting, everlasting.

Hope you are blessed by it. Have a good night, .sparrow. God bless.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM

63,955 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If eternal torment is true, if God purposely invented some sort of eternal fiery torture chamber to cast these people He blinded and His Son blinded for eternity, then God and His Son are the most diabolical beings in the universe.
Isn't it remarkable that humans are capable of believing our loving God would create us to live for a mere 70-90 years striving to overcome our nature . . . and punish us for an eternity if we fail!! Then they call that justice! It boggles!
Quote:
I am so thankful that the true God of the bible is not like that!
AMEN!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
He has already reconciled all of humanity to himself, and He will redeem all of the creation.
Amen. God bless.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,529,318 times
ok. without addressing anyone personally and not having been addressed personally either, i would like to highlight what i found noteworthy on this thread:

everyone wants to be loved. and god would provide this love..

everyone wants to love and be loved. how about that minor difference?

Old 05-11-2009, 08:08 PM

283 posts, read 410,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
ok. without addressing anyone personally and not having been addressed personally either, i would like to highlight what i found noteworthy on this thread:

everyone wants to be loved. and god would provide this love..

everyone wants to love and be loved. how about that minor difference?

Were you quoting Dean Martin? I think it's everybody love somebody sometime every body wants to fall in love.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,429,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom0204 View Post
OK, I am really trying to understand your perspective but I am really having a difficult time when weighing it against the bible. Do you deny the existance of hell? How about evil? I don't understand how one can biblically deny that hell exists when Jesus speaks of hell, separation, and the possibility of not entering the kingdom of heaven. Mt. 7:21-23 ''Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!''
I'm not surprised you don't understand this belief, it's NOT Biblical. Oh they believe in hell, but not that hell is eternal, and the Bible teaches that it IS forever, no one gets out of hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity