Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:43 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,506,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
And I am honored to be in your company.
This IS life in Christ.
This is what it's all about.
The discovery of the massive love our Father has for His creation.
It's almost too much at times... the joy that explodes in your heart.
You just can't keep it to yourself.
I agree whole heartedly sparrow..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 05:44 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I agree whole heartedly sparrow..
So whatcha bringin' to the picnic??

LOL..

Old 05-11-2009, 05:55 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,219,900 times
Quote:
This may be off-topic, but just something that jumped into my heart:

Hey, when we are on the other side of this life, I would like to have a huge picnic by a quiet little lake with all of those who (while still on earth) happened to see the true beauty and love of our spectacular God.

Beacause I would just like to look each of you in the face, smile and thank God personally for each of you.

Proverbs 27:17 - Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

And I am honored to be in your company.
This IS life in Christ.
This is what it's all about.

II Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.

Romans 11:36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

That's the thought I was having as I was driving home from work today. I started laughing and just thinking about this little picnic and looking around at all of mankind in just absolute FITS of joy...and so in love with our Creator, and so just completely overwhelmed at His love. and just smiling at each other because of it. That will be an awesome spectacle to behold.

Mankind FINALLY getting it.
Mankind FINALLY seeing just how much their Creator loves them.
What a joyous thing to behold.

love,
sparrow

p.s. don't forget about the picnic. I really do want to do that...I'm not just saying that... lol.
Sounds wonderful, sparrow. I would be honored too, just to meet all of you in that day. I also want to meet all those in the past who shared this belief and those who shared through their writings and studies. I can't wait, sparrow

Quote:

So true, sparrow. I was just admiring God's beautiful creation today and thinking on , when all of the earth is in one accord under the Son. Mindblowing, sparrow.... Thank you so much for sharing.God bless.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:57 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,506,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

LOL..
I`ll bring the wine...

Old 05-11-2009, 06:05 PM

http://www.hymnsite.com/ Song 155 by Ellor

Quote:

LOL..
Lots of hugs, sparrow

God bless.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:07 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,999,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
(Luke 13:34-35)

34"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!....."

"How many times Jesus wanted to embrace them, but they never allowed Him to do that. I mean that's talking about the sinner's unwillingness, the raw resistance to the love of God that is characteristic of the sinner. And that makes Jesus weep. And He's God. So, you know, when scripture says in the Old Testament that "I find no pleasure in the death of the wicked," that's the same kind of attitude." God does not force, God is not cruel, He wants us to love Him but we won't. Just like He turned over the Jews to their enemies so He will with the individual with the defiant will.

Pastor John Macarthur
He wants us to love Him but we won't? And just why would not the Jews come to Him? Why would they not believe?

It begs the question which is: WHY WILL THEY NOT COME?
And the answer?

Jesus did what He saw His Father doing. What was His Father doing? He was hiding the truth from the majority and revealing it to just so many:

Mat 11:25 At that season, answering, Jesus said, "I am acclaiming Thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for Thou hidest these things from the wise and intelligent and Thou dost reveal them to minors."

And so Jesus was doing what He saw His Father doing:

Mat 13:13-15 Therefore in parables am I speaking to them, seeing that, observing, they are not observing, and hearing, they are not hearing, neither are they understanding." (14) And filled up in them is the prophecy of Isaiah, that is saying, '"In hearing, you will be hearing, and may by no means be understanding, And observing, you will be observing, and may by no means be perceiving." (15) For stoutened is the heart of this people, And with their ears heavily they hear, And with their eyes they squint, Lest at some time they may be perceiving with their eyes, And with their ears should be hearing, And with their heart may be understanding, And should be turning about, And I shall be healing them.'"

He spoke to them in parables so that they would remain blind, deaf and dumb.

If eternal torment is true, if God purposely invented some sort of eternal fiery torture chamber to cast these people He blinded and His Son blinded for eternity, then God and His Son are the most diabolical beings in the universe.

I am so thankful that the true God of the bible is not like that!

Romans 5:18,19
1 Timothy 2:4-6
1 Timothy 4:10
Philippians 2:8-11
Colossians 1:20
Ephesians 1:9
1 Corinthians 15:22-28

Old 05-11-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
He wants us to love Him but we won't? And just why would not the Jews come to Him? Why would they not believe?

It begs the question which is: WHY WILL THEY NOT COME?
And the answer?

Jesus did what He saw His Father doing. What was His Father doing? He was hiding the truth from the majority and revealing it to just so many:

Mat 11:25 At that season, answering, Jesus said, "I am acclaiming Thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for Thou hidest these things from the wise and intelligent and Thou dost reveal them to minors."

And so Jesus was doing what He saw His Father doing:

Mat 13:13-15 Therefore in parables am I speaking to them, seeing that, observing, they are not observing, and hearing, they are not hearing, neither are they understanding." (14) And filled up in them is the prophecy of Isaiah, that is saying, '"In hearing, you will be hearing, and may by no means be understanding, And observing, you will be observing, and may by no means be perceiving." (15) For stoutened is the heart of this people, And with their ears heavily they hear, And with their eyes they squint, Lest at some time they may be perceiving with their eyes, And with their ears should be hearing, And with their heart may be understanding, And should be turning about, And I shall be healing them.'"

He spoke to them in parables so that they would remain blind, deaf and dumb.

If eternal torment is true, if God purposely invented some sort of eternal fiery torture chamber to cast these people He blinded and His Son blinded for eternity, then God and His Son are the most diabolical beings in the universe.

I am so thankful that the true God of the bible is not like that!

Romans 5:18,19
1 Timothy 2:4-6
1 Timothy 4:10
Philippians 2:8-11
Colossians 1:20
Ephesians 1:9
1 Corinthians 15:22-28
Amen. God bless.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
http://www.hymnsite.com/ Song 155 by Ellor

Lots of hugs, sparrow

God bless.
Hey, that's a beautiful hymn!
Thanks for sharing it..
It really made me smile from ear to ear..

God bless you all...

Old 05-11-2009, 06:18 PM

73 posts, read 128,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If Eternal Torment is True, then the God of the Bible is one of the most diabolical being in the universe.

He, according to Christendom, created a place called Hell.

He also chose who would be saved before they were even born. He gave faith to those chosen so they could believe. The others He blinded, hardened their hearts and stopped up their ears and had His Son talk to them in parables do they could not understand so they would not be saved.

Therefore He brought into existence billions and billions of humans knowing full well in advance they would not be chosen to be saved. Therefore He brought them into existence for the sole purpose of eternally torturing them through no fault of their own.

This is the God of Christendom.

I sure am glad the true God of the Bible is different! (see 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11)!
This is not the God of the Bible, men have distorted and preverted the Bible, to make a true and loving Creator out to be a monster.

He has already reconciled all of humanity to himself, and He will redeem all of the creation.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:20 PM

140 posts, read 459,859 times
OK, I am really trying to understand your perspective but I am really having a difficult time when weighing it against the bible. Do you deny the existance of hell? How about evil? I don't understand how one can biblically deny that hell exists when Jesus speaks of hell, separation, and the possibility of not entering the kingdom of heaven. Mt. 7:21-23 ''Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity