Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 01:14 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

If Eternal Torment is True, then the God of the Bible is one of the most diabolical being in the universe.

He, according to Christendom, created a place called Hell.

He also chose who would be saved before they were even born. He gave faith to those chosen so they could believe. The others He blinded, hardened their hearts and stopped up their ears and had His Son talk to them in parables do they could not understand so they would not be saved.

Therefore He brought into existence billions and billions of humans knowing full well in advance they would not be chosen to be saved. Therefore He brought them into existence for the sole purpose of eternally torturing them through no fault of their own.

This is the God of Christendom.

I sure am glad the true God of the Bible is different! (see 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If Eternal Torment is True, then the God of the Bible is one of the most diabolical being in the universe.

He also chose who would be saved before they were even born. He gave faith to those chosen so they could believe. The others He blinded, hardened their hearts and stopped up their ears and had His Son talk to them in parables do they could not understand so they would not be saved.

Therefore He brought into existence billions and billions of humans knowing full well in advance they would not be chosen to be saved. Therefore He brought them into existence for the sole purpose of eternally torturing them through no fault of their own.

I sure am glad the true God of the Bible is different! (see 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11)!

Dude I would think long and hard about the things you say, you should take the utmost care rather than loosely flings words about God you don't believe in. You may not agree with it but you may be wrong and IF you are wrong then by your own words you condemn yourself because you hate God.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:32 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Amen, Eusebius. God bless.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:33 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Dude be careful what you say. You may not agree with it but you may be wrong and IF you are wrong then by your own words you condemn yourself because you hate God.
Fundy, who do YOU say that He is?

Old 05-11-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Fundy, who do YOU say that He is?
Elmer...I would never call God names regardless if I thought my doctrine was right because I could be wrong and what does that say about my love and trust for God. I would never, never go there.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:43 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Elmer...I would never call God names regardless if I thought my doctrine was right because I could be wrong and what does that say about my love and trust for God. I would never, never go there.
Good answer, just testing you.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times
Quote:

Amen, that is not the God of the bible. That is the God they invented about 1500 yrs ago.

Quote:
The whole world is glad of that Euse.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:05 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Fundy, are you going to speak with platitudes about the liar and murderer Satan, just in case ET is true and you have to go there to be his jail bride?

Old 05-11-2009, 02:10 PM

140 posts, read 459,427 times
Quote:

Not all Christians believe in double-predestination, which is what you are describing. As far as I am aware, this belief is only shared by Calvinists <though Fundy stated in another thread to me that not all Calvinists believe this>. I am not aware of any other theology that believes that God creates a person to damn them with no chance of salvation. The Calvinists get this from one part of the book of Romans, but I believe they take it out of context and misunderstand its meaning.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:

(Luke 13:34-35)

34"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!....."

"How many times Jesus wanted to embrace them, but they never allowed Him to do that. I mean that's talking about the sinner's unwillingness, the raw resistance to the love of God that is characteristic of the sinner. And that makes Jesus weep. And He's God. So, you know, when scripture says in the Old Testament that "I find no pleasure in the death of the wicked," that's the same kind of attitude." God does not force, God is not cruel, He wants us to love Him but we won't. Just like He turned over the Jews to their enemies so He will with the individual with the defiant will.

Pastor John Macarthur

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-11-2009 at 02:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity