Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:14 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,588,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
It doesn't contradict Scripture in any way. You're presuming these other intelligent races disobeyed God and therefore needed a savior.
So then these alien beings are morally perfect? When Adam sinned, did not the bible say, ALL of creation fell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,033,971 times
Most of them are.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:42 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,530,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

Yes they are called angels

which other world(s)? being an alien is not tied to arriving in a ufo!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:45 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,154,650 times
Quote:
So then these alien beings are morally perfect? When Adam sinned, did not the bible say, ALL of creation fell?

Did you ever consider that the "creation" spoken of only pertained to OUR planet?

Are you really going to be so literal in how you read the Bible?

Are you SERIOUSLY going to attempt to say that a race of intelligent beings BILLIONS of light years away were suddenly affected by the fall of man??? That they are somehow guilty, too?

Old 05-14-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Did you ever consider that the "creation" spoken of only pertained to OUR planet?

Are you really going to be so literal in how you read the Bible?

Are you SERIOUSLY going to attempt to say that a race of intelligent beings BILLIONS of light years away were suddenly affected by the fall of man??? That they are somehow guilty, too?
ummmmmmmmmmm...................... ...YES!! Did not God create them as well during the creation? and if so are they not part of creation?

Old 05-14-2009, 02:59 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,154,650 times
Quote:
ummmmmmmmmmm...................... ...YES!! Did not God create them as well during the creation? and if so are they not part of creation?
*sigh*

Does this mean Jesus died for the animals, too? I mean, after all - they are part of God's creation, too.

So you're going to say those aliens are now morally imperfect, through no fault of their own, because of something Adam did? How does that make God a fair god? Imagine it....a perfect paradise of beings on a beautiful planet located in some other galaxy trillions upon trillions upon multiple, unfathomable trillions of light years away, going about their daily business loving one another and tending to their gardens. Then *POW*...one day God smacks them and punishes them for something an unknown race did on a far off planet.

Have a good afternoon, fundamentalist. I truly don't have time to go back and forth about this.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:00 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,005,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I recently watched a terrific Christian movie produced by Rich Christiano. The movie, Unidentified speaks to the topic of UFOs, if they're real or not. As a Christian I've always thought people were insane for believing in UFOs.

This film has really made me think about their existence and purpose. I have to agree with them that it is demonic. Believing that life exists on other planets takes the glory away from God in his creation. His creation of the earth and his creation of us.

If you have the opportunity I'd highly recommend this movie! I got it from Netflix. So, here's the question, from a Christian perspective what do you think of UFOs, where do they come from and what's the purpose....and anything else you can think of?
My pastor married an alien and they spawned a child. I believe aliens come amongst us all the time.
Oh, she's from Canada and has her green card.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
My pastor married an alien and they spawned a child. I believe aliens come amongst us all the time.
Oh, she's from Canada and has her green card.
Heh! I am an alien too from the planet Canada! I forgot being a resident and all

Old 05-14-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
*sigh*

Does this mean Jesus died for the animals, too? I mean, after all - they are part of God's creation, too.

So you're going to say those aliens are now morally imperfect, through no fault of their own, because of something Adam did? How does that make God a fair god? Imagine it....a perfect paradise of beings on a beautiful planet located in some other galaxy trillions upon trillions upon multiple, unfathomable trillions of light years away, going about their daily business loving one another and tending to their gardens. Then *POW*...one day God smacks them and punishes them for something an unknown race did on a far off planet.

Have a good afternoon, fundamentalist. I truly don't have time to go back and forth about this.
How is Adam's sin your fault for that matter a dog or a monkey's fault because they to are affected by the fall so what makes the aliens any different? Scripture does not support you on this.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:47 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,452,247 times
Moderator cut: orphaned
Okay....here we go....I agree with Reverend1111 in post number???? (went back an check, #2) About asking the military, they might privy to a lot of things we can only speculate about.

PS: We rarely agree much Reverend1111, but I'm with you on that particular statement.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 05-14-2009 at 07:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity