Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:47 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,728,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It could have been stopped at any time but Christ Michael and Gabriel let it play out. It wasn't like the wars we have here. It was the war against eternal life of the creatures of the planets.
This is heresy. There is only one Christ and that is Jesus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
As you're responding please remember this is the Christianity forum. Not the religion or atheist forum. We're here to discuss from a Christian perspective. A Christian is defined below.

A Christian is someone who has decided to entrust his or her life to Jesus Christ. A Christian trusts Christ for forgiveness of sin, a right standing before God, and guidance in life.

Christian's are sometimes referred to as "born again" because Jesus said that one must be born of the water (the physical birth) and the Spirit:
John 3:3-7 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." 4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
To be born again--born of the Spirit--a person must place his or her trust in Jesus Christ (See How does one become a Christian?. The Spirit of Jesus Christ actually comes to dwell within the new Christian, giving newness of life--His life.

In sum, Christ makes a Christian a Christian. Going to church does not make a person a Christian. A special ceremony can't do it. And nobody can be a Christian by trying to be a good person. Only Jesus Christ can make a person a Christian:
John 1:12,13 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:32 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,725,527 times
Well, as countless discussions on this forum will attest, there are many who walk in Christ's path that do not fit your specific definition of a "Christian".

Even in the conventional sense, there are hundreds of denominations of Christianity. You speak of one very specific sect within the evangelical community in your definition, but I can assure you many Catholics, for example, do not fit that definition but most certainly follow Christ.

In a more unconventional sense, there are increasingly many who recognize Christ was giving us tools to advance ourselves, not just to worship another. I, for example, have been "born again" on a level and through a means that would certainly contrast with what you believe to be the extent of that concept.

So, if you ask about aliens from a Christian perspective, you should expect to get responses from the multitude of ways people interact with the one we know as Christ Jesus and should withhold judging another's path as "heresy". Wisdom comes from the most unlikely of places.

God bless.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:38 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,528,773 times
amen ... c-d, america, and the world who loves ... you for that.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:28 AM

23,025 posts, read 34,427,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
This is heresy. There is only one Christ and that is Jesus!
AMEN!!!!!!! And anyone who says this is not true is not a Christian and sure does not believe the Bible.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:32 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,032,187 times
Hoosier and ILNC,
If that is what you think, so be it.
You will only have yourselves to blame when things aren't what you claim when you enter the spirit world.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:32 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,584,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Um.... withholding judgment as to whether or not there is life on other planets is living by what I am saying.

And if you're referring to your belief in the Bible, it has already been proven false. One need only study the changes that were made as early as the 1st century to the originally inspired texts. So, I have assessed the evidence in that situation and come to the same conclusion Biblical scholars have. You cannot say the same for your dismissal of the potential for other life as "demonic".

That is just blind faith in your own worldview.

It is 2010 and aliens are still performing crop circles and you speak to me about proven false?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-15-2009 at 08:51 AM..

Old 05-15-2009, 08:39 AM

23,025 posts, read 34,427,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Hoosier and ILNC,
If that is what you think, so be it.
You will only have yourselves to blame when things aren't what you claim when you enter the spirit world.
No I will have Jesus to thank when I enter into His presence. People who reject Christ cannot understand the truths from God.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Well, as countless discussions on this forum will attest, there are many who walk in Christ's path that do not fit your specific definition of a "Christian".

Even in the conventional sense, there are hundreds of denominations of Christianity. You speak of one very specific sect within the evangelical community in your definition, but I can assure you many Catholics, for example, do not fit that definition but most certainly follow Christ.

In a more unconventional sense, there are increasingly many who recognize Christ was giving us tools to advance ourselves, not just to worship another. I, for example, have been "born again" on a level and through a means that would certainly contrast with what you believe to be the extent of that concept.

So, if you ask about aliens from a Christian perspective, you should expect to get responses from the multitude of ways people interact with the one we know as Christ Jesus and should withhold judging another's path as "heresy". Wisdom comes from the most unlikely of places.

God bless.
Listen here honey, I'm not talking about denominations, I'm talking about a personal relationship with Christ.

"The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthian 14-15

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." 1 Corinthians 18-19

Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No I will have Jesus to thank when I enter into His presence. People who reject Christ cannot understand the truths from God.
Yep that's right. I fully agree. And remember ILNC, it's the true Christ, Jesus. No other Christ exists but Jesus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity