Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 12:09 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,955,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
No President can save us from our sins. All men have fallen short as the Bible states. While I pray that President Obama can lead our country, he cannot stop his addiction to nicotine.

8:34 Jesus answered them, “I tell you the solemn truth, everyone who practices sin is a slave of sin. 8:35 The slave does not remain in the family forever, but the son remains forever.
8:36 So if the son sets you free, you will be really free.
Sin is indeed the problem, and even a curse. God will never endorse sin, never. As long as people insist upon their own way, things will only worsen. The days of Noah, and Sodom and Gomorrah, are at hand. And, we know the end of those things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 05:36 PM

428 posts, read 801,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Do you really think that by reading the Bible numerous times you would understand it? It does not work that way. And that is why the Bible tells us, that the natural man will not understand the things of the Spirit, because they are Spiritually discerned. And it matters little what translation you use, the United States is spoken of in the Scriptures. You will not find the name Jesus Christ in the Old Testament either. Yet because of the Old Testament, over a billion people call Jesus Christ God.

WHY IS THAT?
I would say that is more because of the NT, not the OT.

How do you know the US is spoken of?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:17 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,725,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
What truthful prophecies came from any of those religions? I can tell you. Nothing.
Wow. You have absolutely no clue about other religions. I mentioned the Mayans before. Feel free to study several cultures of Native Americans. You'll be shocked how accurate their predictions were (that is, before they were murdered and their civilizations destroyed by your "pro-life" religion).

You're just trying to create a myth that you have the one true path and everyone else is wrong. That may be Christian, but it is certainly not of Christ.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:04 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,490,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
Your putting your faith in man. This is not "US" against "THEM" or republican vs. democrat, we have a spiritual war going on. The devil and the secular world are lying to us. Deception and lies come from people who are seeing things through secular glasses.
Yeah, we should listen to the people who believe in talking animals.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:06 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,490,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
My opinion is....when a nation or nations turn their back on God - start being proud of their sin, reveling in their immoratily. Smiling at each other, patting each other on the back - losing their moral compass and mocking God - then the Judgment falls.
Has England, has America crossed the line. Yes.
Is Judgement on its way? I think so. But I think we are living in the end days. Sounds radical, but there is some radical immorality going on - but not just that - but being applauded.
People get ready, Jesus is Coming, Soon we'll be going home.......
So again, when the U.S. had slavery, genocide against the natives, Jim Crow, etc, God blessed her?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:11 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,499,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
I personally don't think that God was with ANY nation after the Isrealites. To think that God was ever "with" America would seem, to me, a little egocentric.
It is. Take the next logical step, and admit that it was just as egocentric when the Israelites thought it. Then take the next logical step, and admit that it's a contemptible and embarrassing idea no matter what nation claims it or in what era.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,080,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
So again, when the U.S. had slavery, genocide against the natives, Jim Crow, etc, God blessed her?
no no nightflight.. God obviously only blessed America during the good times..

like when Velcro was invented.. or the shamwow. all other bad times were NOT God!

The idea that God somehow favors the United States is reason # 18,491 that people roll their eyes at "evangelicals" and their ilk.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,588,256 times
God has abandoned America? Thank GOD for that.

Can we stop fighting wars for God and can we stop imposing beliefs on to others?

Thank you God for leaving! Now we all can THINK-rationally and logically.

Bye bye God. Don't bother coming back.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,981,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
I would say that is more because of the NT, not the OT.

How do you know the US is spoken of?
If it were not for the Old Testament, there never would of been a New Testament. Jesus Christ fulfilled over 300 prophecies found in the Old Testament, and that is why we know who Jesus Christ is today. America is spoken of in the same way. And it requires the writings found in both the Old and the new Testaments to understand the prophecies that speak of America. When the prophecies are place together, we see America and her future.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,764,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
God has abandoned America? Thank GOD for that.

Can we stop fighting wars for God and can we stop imposing beliefs on to others?

Thank you God for leaving! Now we all can THINK-rationally and logically.

Bye bye God. Don't bother coming back.
We appreciate transparency. You can pump up some guts/honesty and say, "Bye Bye Christian God"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity