Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:06 PM

283 posts, read 410,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
We have a hard time separating the man Christ Jesus with the deity, but Jesus had the same bodily functions as the rest of us.

He just doesn't now.
I'm pretty sure these day's there isn't a lot of trouble separating the man from the deity that is a major hang up for alot of folks who want to break them apart as much as possible and then reconfigure them as a more explainable entity. The fact is you can't and shouldn't view them as seprate at all that is the amazing part of it all that He is both he suffered like man and enjoyed like man but always remained God through it all. This is a great example of a fruitless arguement in the body I think James 2:1-4 covers how we should treat the appearance of people and or soctail standing, As for how Christ is portrayed look at history in the early church portrates of Jesus he was very young with short curley hair not very fitting of the Nazereen custom for grooming after the shroud of turin was discoverd he was a long hair bearded man of middle age flash forward to the age of moving pictures and one gets a myriad of diffrent looks for Jesus. An artist rendition can and is offten used to distort or misguide people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 07:16 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Because it is sacrilegious.
Amen!
You know ILNC it sad that the lack of devotion to our God is evident in this thread and this whole argument about if Jesus wore jeans or not has no eternal value at all!!!
The Lord tells us through His word.....
To avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. (2 Tim.2:23). And that is all I've seen in this thread.... by some.

Pride is a ugly thing and the lust of it to prove and defend oneself, instead of thinking how to edify the Lord and seeing our brother better then ourselves.
Love does no harm to his neighbor. And that what ever we do, do it unto the Lord, bringing the glory unto Him, who is worthy to be praised.

Blessings...

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 05-18-2009 at 07:25 PM..

Old 05-18-2009, 07:35 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,219,900 times
I believe that this thread can be very edifying in discussing how Jesus transcends all cultures, relates to all people regardless of their point in time, and it shows how Jesus the Son of Man lived among man, became like one of us to walk in our shoes. He identifies with us and yet He is the Son of God and has the power and the glory. Thanks for the discussion and attempts to see the reason for another believer's views on this subject. God bless.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:38 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I believe that this thread can be very edifying in discussing how Jesus transcends all cultures, relates to all people regardless of their point in time, and it shows how Jesus the Son of Man lived among man, became like one of us to walk in our shoes. He identifies with us and yet He is the Son of God and has the power and the glory. Thanks for the discussion and attempts to see the reason for another believer's views on this subject. God bless.
I agree.

By the way, you have a very loving, gracious and gentle spirit, Shana.
God bless you, sister.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:45 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,528,773 times
btw. is the question meant to say jesus would not wear jeans at all if .....
IF He were alive today?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:45 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,219,900 times
.sparrow, thank you for your kind words. I have been blessed by reading your edifying posts. God bless you too, .sparrow

Old 05-18-2009, 08:39 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,303,156 times
Jesus looks like hes riding a surfboard

Old 05-18-2009, 08:58 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,543,185 times
If anything I posted in this thread comes off as pride, sacrilege, boasting, etc, it has been misunderstood..and I certainly had no intent of it..I love the Lord and understand that He was fully human and fully God as Romans tells us.
Clothing does not make a man or a God just as it does not make a saint or sinner..
We, as individuals see Him as we relate to Him. We do not have any photos of Him, but we know He must have had the physical appearance of the pure Jewish race and that he probably dressed as a common man of that day..Yet pictures of Him with very white skin, blue eyes and shiny wavy shoulder length hair and sparkling white robes hand on the walls of many Sunday school classrooms..That is the picture so many carry of Him throughout their lives..an artists personal depiction of the Savior..
Lessons of Christ are not in how an artist sees Him in this modern world, the lessons of Christ are found in the four gospels..The lessons we learn from the gospels and the lessons revealed through the Holy Spirit as we mature in our faith,we show in our actions, our words and our humbleness and love in witnessing to seekers..and in sharing discussions with our brothers/sisters in Christ..
When I spend quiet time with Him, there is no picture of Him in my mind, because He is within me, a part of me..I feel His presence, but don't see His face or how He is clothed..
Others may have a picture in their minds of robes, jeans or whatever the characteristics or dress of their own culture is..and I am almost sure that it is no big deal to Him..Our desire for Him is the big deal..

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-18-2009 at 10:27 PM..

Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,902,464 times
This thread makes me sad.

Question:

Why did God choose to send Christ as a man to earth?

Old 05-19-2009, 09:03 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,543,185 times
Many times I am saddened by threads like this, and others here, but am more saddened personally, because I wish I knew for sure what or who keeps me coming back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity