Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:46 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,297 times

Advertisements

Isn't it amazing how God protects us and love us even in our disobedience and sin? It just bring tears to your eyes how He cares so muchfor us; better than a parent in most cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,075 times
To add to the mood, I'll add one of my old favorites that I think will sum up the spirit of the thread.

YouTube - heaven came down and glory filled my soul

Old 05-19-2009, 04:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Default Perfect...

heaven did come down, and glory did fill my soul...thank you IIDM...very thoughtfull of you...and thank you for this thread...

Old 05-19-2009, 04:29 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
heaven did come down, and glory did fill my soul...thank you IIDM...very thoughtfull of you...and thank you for this thread...
No problem. I'm sure the thread has been therapeutical for some.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:34 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
SPOKENFOR, thank you for sharing your powerful testimony. Praise God for revealing His neverending love for you and for the work that He is doing in your life. Thanks again and God bless.

Quote:
To add to the mood, I'll add one of my old favorites that I think will sum up the spirit of the thread.

YouTube - heaven came down and glory filled my soul
Amen! God bless.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:57 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
I can take something from each of these powerful testimonies.

I was born to a mother who was crashing from her own hell, and soon was to give her life to God. She kept me until I was three years old, telling me of Jesus and taking me to a big Pentecostal church.

She felt the call of God to go to Hong Kong and work for Christ for the Nations publishing, and left me with her ex-husband, who was a full blown case-a-day, alcoholic. (He wasn’t my real dad; I was born out of wedlock.) The four years I spent with him was a witness to a very bitter man, who did the best he could with a little boy who didn’t belong to him. I still respect what he tried to do.

When I was seven, his drinking finally caught up to him. He fell into a coma or something, and stopped breathing. I ran to a neighbor’s home and, though I stuttered really badly, I got help. While he was hospitalized, I stayed with the neighbors. I was rejoined to my step dad for a few more months, until Christmas ’75, when permanent damage was inflicted through his drinking. I remember digging change out of his pockets to ride my bike with a flat tire to the store for something to eat - in the snow (sounds like a story for your grandkids ). When the change was gone, I went a few days without. The neighbors checked on us and saw him laying there unresponsive, I guess they called the authorities - I don't really remember how I left there.

Foster home. A little more church and remembering what I had seen and heard as a little tike.

Returning to my mom after a long court battle (who was she to give up her only son when he was three years old?) I rebelled severely. Until I was 20, pot, meth, acid, coke, Quaaludes – any and everything I could find to get to show Whomever my displeasure about what I was and what had happened to me. But something curious started to happen.

More and more, I would start to share with my inebriated friends about the Cross – how God really loved me. When I was stoned, I could hear Him: “I love you, your time is nearing”. I would cry all the way home.

When a failed relationship crushed me, I went back to that big church and broke. Like Verna and others have said, it just kept coming; all the feelings of hurt, betrayal, wrongs that I had done and been done to me – now none of it mattered – I was finally home.

My mom was teaching an adult Sunday school class, and there was hardcore, Spirit filled worship going on. During the prayer and worship, I would just sit on the front row and squall. The class members would soon enough surround me lay hands on me, and they would tell me later that they could feel the stuff coming out and going in - I was getting a spiritual transfusion.

God's done a lot since then, but that's the Genesis. Praise His name.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:11 PM

163 posts, read 293,155 times
Wow, what powerful testimonies!!!

Xspecially for (((verna and spokenfor))), you 2 are some of the strongest women around, imho.
That childrens song "this little gospel light of mine" came to mind when I was reading. Keep on shining ladies odaat

And blessings to all who shared

Old 05-19-2009, 05:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Default Dear, dear little elmer...

...wow...who would-a-known...we've got a lot in common...all of us...where the rubber meets the road...don't we?......we were once lost...but now we're found...was blind, but now we see...God is so, so good!!...everyday...

Old 05-19-2009, 05:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
I believe testimonies are a very powerful tool He has blessed believers with..What wonders our God works in our lives even though we may feel there is no hope, He is beside us as we go through the storms in this present life that either we or others create for us..You have shown that you are stronger, wiser and filled with His love in sharing your very painful testimonies so that others may have hope..

Thank you IITM for your very timely thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:41 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,693 times
Fear. Terror of hell. A friend of my husband's had me convinced that if I didn't live the UPC way totally that I would burn in hell. All the way down to the whole Trinity VS. Oneness thing. So my whole experience can be summed up in that one word. Fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity