Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:42 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Again I never said that. one can be saved through ignorance but you cannot compare Paul with today. Today most of the sayings in the bible ALTHOUGH TRUE have become cliche. There must be a better understanding for the potential convert and the more you delve deeper, chances are that person will grow in holiness.
Fundamentalist, the point of this thread is how to get saved. What is one to believe, who is on the street, if you just walked up to that person and evangelized that person. It is not about growing in holiness.

Are you prepared to speand weeks, months, years with a possible convert in order for them to believe the most simple gospel: "Believe God that Christ died for your sins"?

You are just muddying up the waters, Fundy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 09:46 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Fundamentalist, the point of this thread is how to get saved. What is one to believe, who is on the street, if you just walked up to that person and evangelized that person. It is not about growing in holiness.

Are you prepared to speand weeks, months, years with a possible convert in order for them to believe the most simple gospel: "Believe God that Christ died for your sins"?

You are just muddying up the waters, Fundy!

and I disagreed with you because it is God that saves.
I am not trying to muddy up the waters, you said, keep it simple and I don't agree with that exactly, that's all

Old 05-21-2009, 11:15 AM

The Gospel:
God loves you and sent His Son to die for all your sins.
All your sins have been died for.

If you believe God concerning this then you are saved. It is just that simple.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
The Gospel:

I believed that when I was in a strip bar getting a dance and drinking my favorites "long island ice tea" slammed beyond belief. Was I saved?

Old 05-21-2009, 11:41 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
God is the Author and The Finisher of our Faith...by and through the POWER of the indwelling of His Holy Spirit.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
God is the Author and The Finisher of our Faith...by and through the POWER of the indwelling of His Holy Spirit.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
The Gospel:

Quote:
I believed that when I was in a strip bar getting a dance and drinking my favorites "long island ice tea" slammed beyond belief. Was I saved?
Of course you were saved. You may not have been saved from a hangover and living a horrid life but you were saved for life for the ages to come.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
The Gospel:

Of course you were saved. You may not have been saved from a hangover and living a horrid life but you were saved for life for the ages to come.
I beg to differ, where were my works to prove my faith?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ, where were my works to prove my faith?
That is the beauty of faith. Paul never told us in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 or Romans 4 & 5 that you must believe Christ died for your sins and do works to be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9 CLV For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present, (9) not of works, lest anyone should be boasting."

Every good evangelist preaches Christ and Him crucified. They don't preach Christ and Him crucified + try to please God by good works or He'll fry you for eternity.

JUST BELIEVE THAT CHRIST DIED FOR YOUR SINS!
YOUR SINS HAVE BEEN DIED FOR!

Old 05-21-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
That is the beauty of faith. Paul never told us in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 or Romans 4 & 5 that you must believe Christ died for your sins and do works to be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9 CLV For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present, (9) not of works, lest anyone should be boasting."

Every good evangelist preaches Christ and Him crucified. They don't preach Christ and Him crucified + try to please God by good works or He'll fry you for eternity.

JUST BELIEVE THAT CHRIST DIED FOR YOUR SINS!
YOUR SINS HAVE BEEN DIED FOR!
(James 2:20)
"But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?"

If I am truly saved I will demonstrate God saving me by showing I am a changed creature and I will automatically show works through Christ in me. If I am not showing works then how am I proving my faith?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity