Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 01:40 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,226,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN!!!!!! Anyone who decieves people that hell is not forever is going to have answer to God for speading that lie!
And again I ask, who among us dies perfect?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:41 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,513,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
My fear is not as to whether some will be saved and others will not...
it is that with the tickling of some ears, some will never seek Him for they have been taught that all will eventually reconcile to God.
Hi sherry, most who believe that God will burn and torture most people continually ask the same question you do. But think about it, what draws you to Jesus? Is it because you are afraid for yourself? Is it because you don`t want to burn in hellfire forever and not because of who God is..a God of love and the supreme being of ALL things? If you come to him simply becaue you are afraid for your life, then that is a selfish thing, is it not? Is that real love? I read ET`ers on here all the time talk about how much they LOVE THEIR LORD and SAVIOR etc., but then they turn around and say, but if I knew I would be reconciled eventually,I would live however I want. See the contradiction and hypocrisy? They have FEAR in the hearts. They are under the bondage of fear, but even they can`t see it. Et`ers also talk about God not forcing you to do anything etc., but isn`t the belief of eternal torture and unbearable suffering coercion and terror at it`s core? These are the tactics the church uses to keep people in line so to speak. They have absolutely duped the masses about God and put fear in their hearts. But the ones in the pulpit(at least most ) believe it as well. They themselves have been led to believe a lie. That`s why they preach it with such conviction.
If God works in a person, they will come to him, not out of fear of being tortured and burned but because of who he is. Once a person`s eyes have been opened, they cannot resisit God. Sort of like a moth to a flame. People will not even believe the greek words that have been defined for them. We have concordances and the like but even in this day and age,otherwise intelligent people total ignore it. They would rather believe their church`s interpretation. It`s an amazing thing really. Once your eyes have been opened , it seems so easy to see. It becomes frustrating because it is that simple but yet, people are absolutely blind to it. It`s sort of like teaching basic math to a child. It`s so easy and simple for you, and if you have a child that is a slow learner, it can get frustrating because it`s hard to understand why they are not getting it. It seems so simple.

The other thing that church followers totally gloss over time after time is....YOU DO NOT GET A FREE RIDE....YOU DO NOT GET A FREE RIDE!!!!
You will have to answer to God for what you do. I just don`t know how to make that any clearer. If you disobeyed your father as a child, did you get a free ride? Did you obey your father because you thought he was going to lock you in a box for the rest of your life and burn you? Or did you obey him because you loved him but you knew there would be consequences? You would be punished but the punishment wasn`t going to be terror and neverending. Why do we hold God to a lesser standard than we do each other? God is able to open EVERYONE`S eyes to his LOVE. Please don`t believe anything is too hard for God. That is how much he loves his creation.

Last edited by spm62; 05-28-2009 at 01:53 PM..

Old 05-28-2009, 01:48 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,657,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
And again I ask, who among us dies perfect?

Again, what does this have to do with the OP?? Why is it a continual battle and a necessity to keep saying, over and over again, that none of us are perfect and never will be in this life and the ONLY way to change the results of dying "imperfect" is to accept the ONE who IS perfect and who died for our sins so that we CAN be saved from that imperfection?

Come off it.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:51 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,430,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I understand what you are saying...
but some take out only certain words...
If the word was meant to be simple...for a child to understand...
then how can this be if people are rewording what has been written...
My fear is not as to whether some will be saved and others will not...
it is that with the tickling of some ears, some will never seek Him for they have been taught that all will eventually reconcile to God.
I have prayed about this....
and I continue to try to understand how some can believe like this...
for I do believe that faith in God is knowing your heart..
but it just doesn't compute for me...
Why would God teach that we should be saved through the blood of His son and then turn around and say that all go to heaven?
Why would there be so many verses that not all will see the kingdom of God?
Many will knock...few will enter.
Take the narrow path...
Many will claim to know Him...He will not ackowledge all...He will tell some He knew them not.
etc. etc. etc.
The verses that talk about all entering His kingdom are meaning those who were believers....if it is read in it's proper context.
Sherry you said your fear would be that no one will seek Him because they are taught that they will be reconciled in the end .

I will answer you by the word . There is none that seeketh after Him . I was found by them that sought me not . No man cometh unto the Father unless the spirit draws him. If i be lifted up i will draw all men unto me .

So you see Sherry you don't have to worry about the lost not seeking because the Good Shepherd is seeking them.

Isn't that wonderful news

Old 05-28-2009, 02:00 PM

23,036 posts, read 34,475,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sherry you said your fear would be that no one will seek Him because they are taught that they will be reconciled in the end .

I will answer you by the word . There is none that seeketh after Him . I was found by them that sought me not . No man cometh unto the Father unless the spirit draws him. If i be lifted up i will draw all men unto me .

So you see Sherry you don't have to worry about the lost not seeking because the Good Shepherd is seeking them.

Isn't that wonderful news
Sherry has good reason to fear this lie that all will be saved in the end! He stands at the door and knocks, but everyone will not open the door.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:09 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,513,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Reiterating that the Lord spoke in parables and the reason for that was to somehow forever confuse and confound people is not true and has nothing to do with hell and the fact that it is eternal. It is not even a legitimate argument.

Jesus spoke in parables for several reasons. They were not meant to confuse, actually they are very profound and quite easy to understand. It drives home the point Jesus was trying to make, it's easier for people to remember what Jesus taught and His commandments when they are presented in a story format. How many people would remember to put the i before the e in "piece" if we had never been taught this in school: "i before e, except after c". It's the same principle.
Oh really? ONCE AGAIN, let`s look at what the bible actually says and not someone`s opinion.

And the disciples came, and said unto Him, Why do you speak unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but unto them it is not given" (Matt. 13:10-11).
Why did Jesus say he spoke in parables?
Ilene Wright says... because it`s easier to remember.
Jesus says...because unto them it is not given

"Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and His disciples came unto Him, saying, Declare [expound, define, explain] unto us the parable of the tares of the field" (Matt. 13:36).

Jesus`s own disciples had to have the parables explained to them
but Ilene wright doesn`t need them explained to her

"Therefore speak I to them in parables, because they seeing, see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah… for this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should BE CONVERTED, AND I SHOULD HEAL [SAVE] THEM" (Matt,12:13-15)

Wow! Jesus didn’t want them to understand and He didn’t want to convert them and He didn’t want to save them. How could Isaiah’s prophecy be true if Jesus were to contradict it by teaching them plainly so that they could understand and repent? Now, that’s what Jesus said, and that’s what Isaiah said.

"And when He was alone, they that were about Him with the twelve asked of Him the parable. And He said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God, but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables." (Mark 4:10-11).

"That seeing they may see, and not perceive: and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted and their sins should be forgiven them. And He said unto them. Know ye not this parable? And how then will you know all parables?" ( mark 4:12-13)

But they [the disciples] UNDERSTOOD NOT this saying, and it was HID from them…" (Luke 9:45).

"These things have I spoken unto you in PROVERBS: but the time comes [not yet, but in the future] when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall show you PLAINLY of the Father" (John 16:25).

So why did Jesus speak in parables? Should we believe Jesus`s reason for speaking in parables or should we believe ilene Wright`s opinion about why Jesus spoke in a parables?

Old 05-28-2009, 02:10 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,430,937 times
Quote:
Sherry has good reason to fear this lie that all will be saved in the end! He stands at the door and knocks, but everyone will not open the door.
Where does it say everyone will not open the door ? . Jesus taught that he would recover even the one sheep that was lost , it seems the mentality of the christian is to believe the arm of the Lord is to short to save.
The truth be known he opened the door to my heart with love when He revealed himself as my Lord and savior.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:13 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,226,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Again, what does this have to do with the OP?? Why is it a continual battle and a necessity to keep saying, over and over again, that none of us are perfect and never will be in this life and the ONLY way to change the results of dying "imperfect" is to accept the ONE who IS perfect and who died for our sins so that we CAN be saved from that imperfection?

Come off it.

I ask because though we're forgiven, we still have plenty of the old man hanging out on these forums.

Pure - adj. Without mixture

That will have to be dealt with at some point.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:24 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,360,490 times
Quote:
And to the Church of Laodicea write

Quote:
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.

And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God:

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

So because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art the wretched one and miserable and poor and blind and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold refined by fire, that thou mayest become rich; and white garments, that thou mayest clothe thyself, and that the shame of thy nakedness be not made manifest; and eyesalve to anoint thine eyes, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I reprove and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

He that overcometh, I will give to him to sit down with me in my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father in his throne.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:25 PM

23,036 posts, read 34,475,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where does it say everyone will not open the door ? . Jesus taught that he would recover even the one sheep that was lost , it seems the mentality of the christian is to believe the arm of the Lord is to short to save.
The truth be known he opened the door to my heart with love when He revealed himself as my Lord and savior.
Matt 7:23 is one verse that tells us not everyone will open the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity