Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 04:46 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,622,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
r-a-p-t-u-r-e

LoL

Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 PM

14,893 posts, read 17,182,682 times
Quote:
r-a-p-t-u-r-e

Sorry, but it was right there in my wheelhouse...
God bless.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:49 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,444,552 times
Quote:
Without naming names,

"you are blind",

"what's your excuse?!",

"clueless"

etc. etc.

"what's your excuse?!" That would be me, Betsey. With all due respect, if you find that to be an attack, well did not Moses himself have one? And what did God Himself have to say about it?

Moses said to to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, "The God of you fathers have sent me to you," and they ask me, "What is His name? What shall I tell them?" God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Isralelites. I am has sent me to you." God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, The Lord, the God of your Fathers-the God Of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob-has sent me to you. This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation."

So I ask: When would be a good time to warn them, that not one would have an EXCUSE on that Great Day? When? Well you know what, He is STILL the SAME, TODAY, and He has sent me, BETSEY to tell them, He is soon coming and if that is an "attack".........is only an "attack" against Satan plans!

Old 06-02-2009, 04:54 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,188,779 times
I would think that when we are guilty, that we could take a step back and read the tone of our remarks; would this draw a "lurker" to seek Christ, or distance themselves even further?

There's a thing about politics and religion that gets people going like no other, but I do not wish to speak about things other than our relationship with Him - that's where the Truth is applied to you and me - and there can be no argument there of His merit and value, only praise. What He has done in you, He may not yet have done that in me...and vice versa.

But I know this, He will do it.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,444,552 times
Thank God for Jesus, Moses had a redo, I am praying some will come, that's my earnest prayer! The urgency being, time's winding up. So I urge them to come, while there's still time! Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any. Not attack, concern with my fellow brother's and sisters, that's all! Peace.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:04 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,757,430 times
Quote:
Are we so insecure that we must attack those that are not in agreement? I feel the Lord winces each time a name is hurled toward another He loves. Perhaps we could extend the same grace and patience He has extended you and me (?)

Sorry, but can we be Jesus' people?
little elmer, every time I check in here I ask myself the same question. What happened?? If I, a faithful believer, can be so turned off by all the bickering, what do seekers think when they look here? What happened to the fun and encouragement that used to make us all smile and feel connected? Yes, we had disagreements, but it wasn't like THIS!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:58 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,703,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
What happened to the Christianity subforum?

I'll tell ya what happened.

Most of the people that looked the most like Christ---LEFT.
Amen!
You know why Little elmer the answer to that question..... !!! And Alpha is right! The one's who looked the most like Christ.....left! And I miss them so much!
It use to be a great place to interact with others....
Now days very few that are left find it difficult to try to post, they're usually put on defense immediately because of a certain group who has such agenda to get across, instead of the love of God to share and to agree to disagree!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:04 PM

63,874 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
What happened to the Christianity subforum?

I'll tell ya what happened.

Most of the people that looked the most like Christ---LEFT.
Actually . . . the Christians who ARE (not looked) most like Christ have tried to express their more accurate understanding about the loving nature of God as revealed in the unambiguous life and teachings of Jesus. However . . . the existence of fundamentalist Biblean literalists broach NO COMPROMISE or TOLERANCE for alternate views. THEIR INTERPRETATIONS are uncompromisingly TRUE and all others are FALSE. There is room for nothing else BUT discord with such unwarranted but self-assured self-righteousness.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,893,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually . . . the Christians who ARE (not looked) most like Christ have tried to express their more accurate understanding about the loving nature of God as revealed in the unambiguous life and teachings of Jesus. However . . . the existence of fundamentalist Biblean literalists broach NO COMPROMISE or TOLERANCE for alternate views. THEIR INTERPRETATIONS are uncompromisingly TRUE and all others are FALSE. There is room for nothing else BUT discord with such unwarranted but self-assured self-righteousness.
Don't fall from up there....wouldn't want to see you get hurt!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:20 PM

63,874 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
Don't fall from up there....wouldn't want to see you get hurt!
LOL . . . I do love you brother Alpha! Your concern is appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity