Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 03:56 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Thank God Jesus is not a christian
The most OFFENSIVE statement to all Christians, ever.

I wonder if you know the historical significance of the word "Christian"?

It was a derogatory name given by Roman tribunes and procurators, while writing to emperors Nero, Trajan, Aurelius or Decius on how to exterminate these followers of one "christus"

Seems you will even disown christianity and its only book for the sake of celebrity

A little respect for the martyrs?? Please?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:56 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You started this Sundance. What type of response did you think you were going to get with a thread like this? Apologizing for Christians with good intentions just because you don't like it, or understand it. You say they are wrong based on your false assumption of scripture and not accurate scripture.
I haven't been arguing with anyone on this thread - that is a lie.

Beyond refuting your false allegation, I'm not going to waste my time any further - so continue ranting if it pleases you.

I'm not arguing with you, sorry. Better things to do.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:57 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No strawman Fundy

Again i say to you the letter killeth but the Spirit giveth life .

How do you get around the scripture about getting the plank out of your own eye before you even attempt to get the speck of dust out of your brothers eye ?.

On this point i am finished with this thread.
What verse is that?

It's called "righteous judgment". Jesus is talking about judging hypocritically. Do not judge someone yet at the same time do the same thing. You are a hypocrite and a liar and God hates that and God will judge you with the same measure THE WAY you judge others. (I will personally send you a free book on hermeneutics- just say the word)

Question: Your brother in law is cheating on your sister. What are you going to do? Are you going to tell him to stop because it's wrong? You do know that is judgment you are passing on him by telling him to stop?

Let's see how non judgmental you are?

Old 06-05-2009, 04:06 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
I haven't been arguing with anyone on this thread - that is a lie.

Beyond refuting your false allegation, I'm not going to waste my time any further - so continue ranting if it pleases you.

I'm not arguing with you, sorry. Better things to do.
No one said you were arguing but you started this thread, what did you think it was going to lead to? Don't send me down some dark path of defending false accusation argument, this thread is about lack of discernment, plain and simple.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:08 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves for the way you're acting here, here's an individual who is publicly willing to apologize for the way homosexuals have been treated by some Christians on this forum and all some you can do is think about yourselves and your biblical scriptures and criticize one another about who's right and who isn't and in doing so you have managed to take this thread completely off-topic, is there no humanity in you. Sundance, I applaud you for your action, although it has not been well received by some. Personally I think some of you should take a real good look at yourselves and see if you really enjoy looking at yourselves in the mirror. As an outsider I see very little humanity in some of you. I do not condone the lifestyle of homosexuality nor do I condemn it. In my culture they are human beings also and deserve the respect to be treated as such.

Sundance, I do apologize for this, however this thread has gotten completely off-topic and I'm going to be forced to close it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity