Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 04:34 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Another bait thread.

These days it's become difficult to profess Christianity in the Christianity forum itself.

<time to head for the gym>
What do you mean by that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 04:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Another bait thread.

These days it's become difficult to profess Christianity in the Christianity forum itself.

<time to head for the gym>
I can only think that it's because the Holy Spirit is evangelizing christianity .
Come from among it and be ye seperate saith the Lord, touch not the unclean thing.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:42 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
I'll take this thread seriously and say that I love the relationship God had with men like Moses, Job, Abraham and David - men after His own heart.

The love that Hosea had for Gomer was a type and shadow of the love Christ has for us.

The stand-in-the-gap guys like Daniel and Nehemiah. Esther and Mordecai - good stuff.

The sovereignty shown in Isaiah - massive!

One could go on and on - there's a ton of stuff that leads you into knowing Him...if you know the One that's behind all those events, it's priceless!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:47 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
I agree Alan. So when the Second Coming of Christ is complete do we dispense of the "Old" New Testament? for a New Dispensation
yes and no...

I mean on the one hand, "The Faith was once FOR ALL given to the saints"
so in a way nothing new to the faith that might change things is ever going to come down from above.

And all we know about God is already shown us in the person of Jesus.
So there is no more "hidden" truth left to learn.

But in another way, we have to always keep in mind that "We see in a glass dimly"
and that with any luck at all, we will one day stand face to face with Jesus, look him in the eyes, and talk to him as one friend talks to another.

So I mean,
lets face it,
thats going to be a very interesting conversation.

Nothing we can ever learn in the future will go against what we already know in the New Test.
The things that are held as 'truth" in the New T are still going to be just as true in the Kingdom.

But let us hope that there is less whining from people....

Old 06-05-2009, 04:47 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,038 times
not to mention King David and King Solomon
Ezekiel

Old 06-05-2009, 04:51 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I'll take this thread seriously and say that I love the relationship God had with men like Moses, Job, Abraham and David - men after His own heart.

The love that Hosea had for Gomer was a type and shadow of the love Christ has for us.

The stand-in-the-gap guys like Daniel and Nehemiah. Esther and Mordecai - good stuff.

The sovereignty shown in Isaiah - massive!

One could go on and on - there's a ton of stuff that leads you into knowing Him...if you know the One that's behind all those events, it's priceless!

Well said ..

Old 06-05-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
yes and no...

I mean on the one hand, "The Faith was once FOR ALL given to the saints"
so in a way nothing new to the faith that might change things is ever going to come down from above.

And all we know about God is already shown us in the person of Jesus.
So there is no more "hidden" truth left to learn.

But in another way, we have to always keep in mind that "We see in a glass dimly"
and that with any luck at all, we will one day stand face to face with Jesus, look him in the eyes, and talk to him as one friend talks to another.

So I mean,
lets face it,
thats going to be a very interesting conversation.

Nothing we can ever learn in the future will go against what we already know in the New Test.
The things that are held as 'truth" in the New T are still going to be just as true in the Kingdom.

But let us hope that there is less whining from people....
LOL...So what do you see in the "New Heaven and New Earth" "Kingdom"?
According to "Revelations" a thousand years of Peace will reign.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:05 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
LOL...So what do you see in the "New Heaven and New Earth" "Kingdom"?
According to "Revelations" a thousand years of Peace will reign.
Umm, don’t really care?
It’s totally out of my hands?

Not really much of anything I can do anything about?...

End times ideas come and go, but the result is always the same… zip.

So I tend to consider such questions the fodder for men with lots of time on their hands, and a smaller yard to mow than mine.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Umm, don’t really care?
It’s totally out of my hands?

Not really much of anything I can do anything about?...

End times ideas come and go, but the result is always the same… zip.

So I tend to consider such questions the fodder for men with lots of time on their hands, and a smaller yard to mow than mine.

Now given the background that I have stated on CD, that's why I ask. Now you see, My Priest differs on that. And My Priest believes in me. Because I have given ample proof to him and the Bishop for that matter of the things that I have said on this forum. He believes it is up to us to spread the good news, just as the Apostles did and by doing so, we are becoming soldiers of the Christ, I like to say Warriors of Christ, because it is a battle to win over the souls of so many.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:25 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,947 times
Default My $0.02 ...

Jesus fullfilled the OT.
Jesus gave us the NT.
There are (basically) two commands in the NT.. love God with all your heart, all your mind, all your soul and all your strength and love your neighbor as yourself. In a nutshell love God and love others (Christ-like love).

Now, that's all fine and good. But then you have to ask yourself what does it mean to love God in the way He commanded us to? I believe to love God is to obey God, be obedient to Him and His will. So, how do we know what it is we are to obey and be obedient to/about? You find most of it in the OT.

Again just my humble opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity