Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 01:06 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
1. No 2. No . 3.0

If you would have asked me 10 years ago the same question my answer would have been yes to all three questions.
20 years here, but ditto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 PM

14,922 posts, read 17,260,626 times
I would have also said yes 20 years ago. God bless.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:08 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
After the Lord showed me that Eternal Hell is the greatest lie ever told , i did not openly receive it , but i knew deep down it was correct and whatsmore after seeing it so blatantly obvious in the scipture i gave up the fight.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,998,217 times
The reason eternal torment is a just punishment is because an individual has so blatently rejected the most prized possession the Father has to give to a lost mankind: the death of His Precious Son. How can such a cosmic atrocity be balanced in God's scales of justice except by eternal torment?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:05 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,456,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
And by hell, I am talking about the belief that people will be separated from God forever, for eternity, and will be tortured for eternity with no end. NO HOPE of being reconciled to God. ever. No hope of their carnal man being burned off and being reconciled to God.

Please answer each question, honestly if you will:

1. Do you fear that any of your loved ones will go there?
2. Do you fear that your neighbors will go there?
3. Do you fear strangers going there? What about people you can't seem to like or people you have ill feelings towards, famoust people even, whatever...?

Yes, to all the above.....that's why we do what we do, tell TRUTH, but really, how much time to you need to "get it right"? What, another 35 years? Don't know if we have that much time! That's why, TODAY is the day of salvation! Right?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,493,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The reason eternal torment is a just punishment is because an individual has so blatently rejected the most prized possession the Father has to give to a lost mankind: the death of His Precious Son. How can such a cosmic atrocity be balanced in God's scales of justice except by eternal torment?
By.......loving his enemies?

Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,901,438 times
"Yes" to all 3 questions.

Why do I believe that? Because the Bible tells us:

Matthew 7:13-14

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I not going to venture a guess at "numbers", but I think the majority of people today are not going to enter heaven...

Bud

Old 06-09-2009, 03:54 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
I not going to venture a guess at "numbers", but I think the majority of people today are not going to enter heaven...

Sounds like you think the devil is God , because he is more able to destroy life than God is able to save .

Old 06-09-2009, 04:42 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,393,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sounds like you think the devil is God , because he is more able to destroy life than God is able to save .
I think you give the devil too much credit. The devil can only kill our temporal bodies. Only God has the power to destroy both the body and soul in hell. (Matthew 10:28)

Furthermore, God's judgment for the individual will be based on the individual's own actions. No one will be able to blame the devil.

~~~~~

I answer yes to all three, but with a stipulation. Based upon Matthew 10:28, I acknowledge the possibility that God will completely destroy both the body and the soul (in hell!). However, I'm not going to build doctrine based on one verse.

I do reject the doctrine of universal reconciliation based on many verses that have been presented by many people in many other threads. I'm not going to argue it.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:28 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,357,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Based upon Matthew 10:28, I acknowledge the possibility that God will completely destroy both the body and the soul (in hell!). However, I'm not going to build doctrine based on one verse.
The strongest word for destruction in the New Covenant is apollumi, and linked with apollumi is olethros. Are you aware of the fact that both terrible words are linked with salvation at the end. Yup, it is so!

Quote:
I do reject the doctrine of universal reconciliation based on many verses that have been presented by many people in many other threads. I'm not going to argue it.
I do accept the wonderful expression of our Father regarding the restitution of all things as spoken by the mouths of the prophets and priests of the Most High God.

"He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity