Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:11 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,940,287 times

Advertisements

And by hell, I am talking about the belief that people will be separated from God forever, for eternity, and will be tortured for eternity with no end. NO HOPE of being reconciled to God. ever. No hope of their carnal man being burned off and being reconciled to God.

Please answer each question, honestly if you will:

1. Do you fear that any of your loved ones will go there?
2. Do you fear that your neighbors will go there?
3. Do you fear strangers going there? What about people you can't seem to like or people you have ill feelings towards, famoust people even, whatever...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 10:42 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,577,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
And by hell, I am talking about the belief that people will be separated from God forever, for eternity, and will be "TORMENTED" for eternity with no end. NO HOPE of being reconciled to God. ever. No hope of their carnal man being burned off and being reconciled to God.

YES! Everyday
2. Do you fear that your neighbors will go there? YES! EVERYDAY
3. Do you fear strangers going there? What about people you can't seem to like or people you have ill feelings towards, famoust people even, whatever...?
YES! Everyday

Hell is so horrible, I don't wish nor want to see not one person no matter how despicable by world standards he or she is, that is why I try to witness to people.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 AM

Fundamentalist, thanks for answering. I appreciate it.
I have to get ready for work soon, and I hope there are more replies by the time I get home. I'll comment later.
Again, thank you for participating.

Peace to ya..

Old 06-08-2009, 10:47 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,503,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
]Hell is so horrible, I don't wish nor want to see not one person no matter how despicable by world standards he or she is, that is why I try to witness to people.
But haven`t you stated before that God has chosen most people to go there? That he actually created the overwhelming majority of men,women,and children knowing that just about all of them would go there?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:53 AM

Ok, one more thing before I leave...

Please guys, try not to blow this thread up into a huge debate.
I really do just want some quick answers. I have something that I'd like to bring up and seeing the different replies to my questions will help me to illustrate something that I think needs to really be focused on and discussed.

Thank you all...

have a great day..

Old 06-08-2009, 10:54 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,577,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
But haven`t you stated before that God has chosen most people to go there? That he actually created the overwhelming majority of men,women,and children knowing that just about all of them would go there?
I never said that and I would never say that because that is not in scripture. What I said is, I do believe God still created people knowing full well who would reject Him.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:55 AM

589 posts, read 1,561,640 times
No human is going to be tormented forever in a burning "hell"... that fate is only reserved for Satan and the demons/fallen angels. God in all his mercy does not want any human to suffer eternal damnation that's why we are created mortal. God warns the wages of sin is death. He is talking about the second death in the Lake of Fire. In the future humans will be resurrected to face God in the Great White Throne Judgment... the saved will be given eternal life ...

Rev21 8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:57 AM

783 posts, read 1,327,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

2. Do you fear that your neighbors will go there?
1. Yes
2. Yes
3a. Yes
3b. Yes, those also.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:56 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
1. Yes
2. Yes
3a. Yes
3b. Yes, those also.
I agree.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:58 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
1. No 2. No . 3.0

If you would have asked me 10 years ago the same question my answer would have been yes to all three questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity