Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:26 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,226,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What verse is that Elmer?
I Cor 15:28 - our umbrella verse - of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,430,937 times
Free choice says i found Jesus. Free choice says i chose Him . Free choice says I repented. Free choice tends to boast in itself. Free choice says you must.Free choice says i obey His commands.
Free choice say I this I that . Free choice says you this you that.

Free choice tends to believe they are one of a chosen few .

Free choice tends to limit the love and arm of God . Free choice tends to credit the Devil with more power than God. Free choice makes out it believes in the sovereignty of God but denys it with there lips.

Free choice tends to make out it never sins and you must meet their criteria to be saved.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:32 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,603,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Free choice says i found Jesus. Free choice says i chose Him . Free choice says I repented. Free choice tends to boast in itself. Free choice says you must.Free choice says i obey His commands.
Free choice say I this I that . Free choice says you this you that.

Free choice tends to believe they are one of a chosen few .

Free choice tends to limit the love and arm of God . Free choice tends to credit the Devil with more power than God. Free choice makes out it believes in the sovereignty of God but denys it with there lips.
He chooses us

Old 06-10-2009, 11:30 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,725,893 times
Quote:
It is from my walk with God, and what I feel He has shown me, I believe there are two types of hearts when it comes to the eternal torment doctrine. I believe that all who believe in the doctrine of eternal torment have either one or the other -OR- fall somewhere between these two types of hearts:

a hardened heart

The other type of heart is one that has not yet been hardened:

God has give me a vision of these two hearts. I believe all people who believe in eternal torment have various stages of these two types of hearts going on. Some people have moved completely into the first heart. The hardened heart.

Quote:
Jeremiah 17: 9-10 states, "The heart is deceitful above all things,and desperately wicked; who can know it? I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind."

One who is proclaiming they have figured out and are focusing on the heart of another in thinking one sees the darkness of anothers heart whether hardened or not is impossible and does not stand up to scripture.
But only ones personal opinion (Judgment) of another....and this vision one thinks God has given them is totally against what Christ taught us in the scriptures.

No man can know the heart of another......also love does not judge, but trusts!!!

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endure all things. Love never fails.

1Cor.4:3-7
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court.[a] In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.
Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other. For who makes you differ from another?

Gal.6:3-6
For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For each one shall bear his own load. Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.

Philippians 4:8-9
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

James 4:11-12
Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

Matt.7:1-4
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back at you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye; and look, a plank is in your own eye?

Romans 2:1-16
1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:
7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,
9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:00 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,430,937 times
Quote:
He chooses us
The God who is no respecter of persons did choose us but you would not believe it reading 95% of posts on here.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:48 PM

14,941 posts, read 17,291,404 times
Quote:
God is love. PERFECT love.
Perfect love casts out ALL fear.
There is NO fear in perfect love.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Until these and many, many, many other verses JUST LIKE IT ring true in your heart so profoundly, that you finally DO UNDERSTAND them... only then will you know that JESUS, our LORD IS who He says He is. Only then will your heart be exceedingly glad. Only then will you have the "PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING". These are not just nice "slogans".... but GREAT TRUTH. These verses.... will come alive like never before:

These verses, they will bring forth a multitude of praises and unbelievable LOVE for our Father and LOVE for your neighbor. EVERYONE. LOVE for EVERYONE. Not JUST your loved ones. Not JUST your friends. But for STRANGERS. People you don't even KNOW. People you used to DIDN'T LIKE! You see them, as GOD sees them. LOVE becomes PARAMOUNT in your life. Everything, from now on... God slowly changes your heart into HIS HEART. That is the beauty. The more CHRIST fills YOUR HEART, the more your carnal heart becomes DISPLACED. This is why you start to TRULY LOVE all. Just as HE DOES. This is why the two COMMANDS are:
1. Love the Lord with all your heart.
2. Love your neighbor as yourself.
The reason why Jesus GAVE these commands...and the reason why He sayd "my yoke is easy, my burden is LIGHT" because ONCE God has taken your heart through the fire, you understand. My GOD!! MY GOD!! YES!!

Sorrow is turned to laughter.

Father is waiting for you... will you take his hand? Will you look at those around you and see their blood is red just like yours? Will you look at the faces in the crowd... and see yourself? If you do, you are at the beginning of God's most awesome journey he has in store for you...

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Amen, .sparrow! God bless.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:51 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,974,944 times
Thank you for the responses...

little elmer..

And as I said before I am not judging another person's heart. If it came across that way, then I sincerely apologize. That was not my intent to "judge". Perhaps it DID come across that way.

Not knowing the truth of how much our Father loves us, EACH and EVERY one of us, can leave a person in a dark place. I have been in that place. And I'm reaching out to anyone that I can, by letting them know that there are people out there who have gone through what they are going through. That is my only point to this thread, and to my posts. No. I do NOT know what is going on in another person's heart. You all are absolutely right. I only wanted to share something that I saw, common things that go on in a human's heart when they are taught "eternal torment". This is my experience and I am sharing it. I won't recant what I said, because it is something that I SEE, and I'm sharing it. Those who do not see it this way, are still free to have their opinions/thoughts/ideas. But there may be someone out there who can see theirselves in what I wrote... that is who these posts are for.

I know there are a lot of hurting people out there. Sometimes when you are in a place where you are also hurting about something, it makes you remember other places you have been in. And that remembrance makes you want to reach out and help pull others up out of what they are going through. It's a reaction based on love, and nothing more.

My posts were not about judging, but about trying to reach those who may be hurting and in a lonely place. I just wanted them to know that "hey, here is someone who understands... you are not alone."

peace to you all and May God wrap His loving arms around you..

have a nice night,
sparrow

Old 06-11-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Thank you for the responses...

little elmer..

And as I said before I am not judging another person's heart. If it came across that way, then I sincerely apologize. That was not my intent to "judge". Perhaps it DID come across that way.

Not knowing the truth of how much our Father loves us, EACH and EVERY one of us, can leave a person in a dark place. I have been in that place. And I'm reaching out to anyone that I can, by letting them know that there are people out there who have gone through what they are going through. That is my only point to this thread, and to my posts. No. I do NOT know what is going on in another person's heart. You all are absolutely right. I only wanted to share something that I saw, common things that go on in a human's heart when they are taught "eternal torment". This is my experience and I am sharing it. I won't recant what I said, because it is something that I SEE, and I'm sharing it. Those who do not see it this way, are still free to have their opinions/thoughts/ideas. But there may be someone out there who can see theirselves in what I wrote... that is who these posts are for.

I know there are a lot of hurting people out there. Sometimes when you are in a place where you are also hurting about something, it makes you remember other places you have been in. And that remembrance makes you want to reach out and help pull others up out of what they are going through. It's a reaction based on love, and nothing more.

My posts were not about judging, but about trying to reach those who may be hurting and in a lonely place. I just wanted them to know that "hey, here is someone who understands... you are not alone."

peace to you all and May God wrap His loving arms around you..

have a nice night,
sparrow
and what are these common things? I am curious, deep down what do you believe you deserve from our Father?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 06-11-2009 at 07:37 AM..

Old 06-11-2009, 08:53 AM

8,186 posts, read 6,974,944 times
Quote:
and what are these common things? I am curious, deep down what do you believe you deserve from our Father?

Fundamentalist... I already shared these common things. (my post about the varying degrees of two types of things that can happen in a person's heart.)

I believe we deserve LOVE from our Father. I do not see myself as a filthy piece of crap who deserves to be set on fire for all eternity like some do. I see us all as beloved children of God. HIS creation. Who have been subjected to futility. He is having us put on corruption, so that we may one day put on incorruption.

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

This slavery to corruption... Many see it the way that we are horrible pieces of crap who deserve NOTHING, much less LOVE!!! But nothing could be further from the truth. We are God's CREATION. He created us. He LOVES us with an unbelievable love. We were SUBJECTED to this futility, it is part of God's glorious plan. Have FAITH!

His plan is 100% perfect.

We deserve LOVE from our Father. And that is exactly what we have. His will WILL be done.

peace..

Last edited by .sparrow.; 06-11-2009 at 09:16 AM..

Old 06-11-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Fundamentalist... I already shared these common things. (my post about the varying degrees of two types of things that can happen in a person's heart.)

I believe we deserve LOVE from our Father. I do not see myself as a filthy piece of crap who deserves to be set on fire for all eternity like some do. I see us all as beloved children of God. HIS creation. Who have been subjected to futility. He is having us put on corruption, so that we may one day put on incorruption. His plan is 100% perfect.

We deserve LOVE from our Father. And that is exactly what we have.

peace..
WOW! Sparrow, we have made a break through. I have been racking my brains on how we are different because I truly believe you have love in your heart and now I know. I see no where in scripture that we deserve love from God? help me out here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity