Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 11:16 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,709,906 times

Advertisements

Following Salt & light's excellent study in this thread https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...confirmed.html

and following the same reasoning, I discovered that eternal torment confirmed to be false by God himself. Death not eternal torment were the consequences of eating the "fruit".

By the way it was a talking snake and not Satan who deceived Eve so its unclear how Satan came into the picture.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 11:38 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
By the way it was a talking snake and not Satan who deceived Eve so its unclear how Satan came into the picture.
Now I've heard everything!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:54 PM

14,890 posts, read 17,174,505 times
Quote:
and following the same reasoning, I discovered that eternal torment confirmed to be false by God himself. Death not eternal torment were the consequences of eating the "fruit".
So true. God bless.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:58 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Following Salt & light's excellent study in this thread https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...confirmed.html

I agree about the death hell thing ... however in answer to your comment ...

Quote:
Revelation 12:9
"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

and ...

Revelation 20:2
"And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years," ...

Old 06-19-2009, 12:16 AM

11,902 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Ironmaw,

Yes, there is more than meets the eye, isn't there?

I was lightheartedly following the reasoning displayed in the other thread, of taking a passage in isolation and coming to a conclusion just based on it.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:28 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
......me too! Now that one puts the icing on the cupcake!!! Oh, dear! What are we going to do now.... LOL!!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:19 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Heck that's nothing. Balaam's ass spoke to him. I guess today we can take that two ways?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:20 AM

14,890 posts, read 17,174,505 times
Quote:
Yes, there is more than meets the eye, isn't there?

I was lightheartedly following the reasoning displayed in the other thread, of taking a passage in isolation and coming to a conclusion just based on it.
Thank you, Meerkat. God bless.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:26 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,185,985 times
Quote:
Either way, it was God's creation that did it.

Quote:
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Gen 1:31)

Old 06-19-2009, 09:27 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,572,241 times
Quote:

Isn't that the school of thought?
I was taught it was the thought and not the act of eating the fruit furthermore who was talking through the snake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity