Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 09:45 PM

783 posts, read 1,327,017 times

Advertisements

After following many discussions centered on Universal Reconciliation I have been seriously contemplating the merit of the doctrine. After much study, contemplation, prayer seeking guidance from the Spirit and further study I have come to the conclusion that Universal Reconciliation is indeed confirmed in Scripture.

My journey for the truth wound up in the first book of the Bible, Genesis. Towards the end of the creation account, God created Adam and planted the garden with many trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil – Gen. 2: 9.

God then placed Adam in the garden and commanded him “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” Gen 2: 16-17. Shortly thereafter God created Eve to be Adam’s helpmate.

Eve was confronted by the crafty serpent who said to Eve, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” Successfully planting a seed of doubt in Eve’s mind. Eve then responded to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’" Gen 3: 1-5.

Obviously the serpent knew God’s command to Adam and knew the consequences that mankind would suffer if Adam & Eve would partake of the fruit - severing their relationship with God. The cunning serpent then helped to germinate the seed of doubt he previously implanted in Eve’s mind when he said, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

“You will not surely die!” Does this sound familiar when held in the spotlight of Universal Reconciliation? My friend the tenets of Universal Reconciliation are nearly as old as mankind. Satan himself, in an effort to draw mankind away from the relationship with the one most despised by Satan, his own creator, God, successfully hatched the proposal that you surely won’t die.

It is for this reason that it became crystal clear to me that Universal Reconciliation is confirmed in Scripture. Indeed, confirmed and identified as a false teaching – the product of Satan himself.

God Bless,
Salt & Light (http://compassoc.com/eph4-13/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 10:02 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Talking You had me goin' there Salt and Light...

...I thought...O dear....please say it ain't so!!...whew!! HALLALUJUAH!!!!...EXCELLANT STUDY!!!!...

Love you!!!
Verna.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:05 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Nice baiting!!

This neither confirms or denies any thing by itself - there is no argument about the wages of sin being death. All have sinned, all die.

It is not a purely physical death that is being talked about and it is not a spiritual death being talked about either.

First is the physical ADAM
Second is the Spiritual Christ

Old 06-18-2009, 10:16 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,903,667 times
All in Adam die both physically and spiritually since all sinned.
  • 1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die...
  • 2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;
  • Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
  • Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation;
The only question is, how many will be made alive in Christ.
  • 1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
  • Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life.
  • Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
All died and no one will be made alive except by faith in Christ.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:19 PM

14,886 posts, read 17,170,876 times
Amen, Meerkat. Death is the last enemy and it is to be made of no effect in the end, meaning that all will be restored to the Father. What the deceiver did by deceiving Adam, Jesus will undo by His death and resurrection. Sin entered the creation and Jesus will destroy it and death. Jesus came to destroy the works of satan. God bless.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
All in Adam die both physically and spiritually since all sinned.
  • 1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die...
  • 2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;
  • Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
  • Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation;
The only question is, how many will be made alive in Christ.
  • 1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
  • Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life.
  • Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
All died and no one will be made alive except by faith in Christ.
Amen. God bless.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:22 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Amen, Thy kingdom come and Shana

Old 06-18-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
...I thought...O dear....please say it ain't so!!...whew!! HALLALUJUAH!!!!...EXCELLANT STUDY!!!!...
Verna, would you not be happy if God did win all hearts to Himself ? (and I believe that He will) Would not that be excellent? Hallalujuah, amen? God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-18-2009 at 10:35 PM..

Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Verna, would you not be happy if God did win all hearts to Himself ?
Sure I would.

Quote:
(and I believe that He will) Would not that be excellent? God bless.
Sure it would. But I do not believe that Scripture supports your beliefs.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:53 PM

Just wondering, Verna. Thanks and God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity