Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:15 AM

428 posts, read 801,504 times

Advertisements

Why is it that those who oppose universalism so strongly seem actually happy about eternal hell?

Just an observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 08:16 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,506,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Actually, I believe you got the wrong message from the op...the message that I got is that Satan lied from the beginning and he continues to lie! It was not about the type of death that Satan was speaking of....
What has that got to do with God`s restoration? One could make the case then that the message was those who believe in eternal torture are believing satan`s lie! Because a lot of people believe God torturing the majority of humans forever is a LIE!
Quote:
There were actually two types of death spoken of in the Genesis account, The first was spiritual death, the second physical death. Those who are consistantly disobedient will die the spiritual death, all of mankind dies the physical death, (with very few exceptions.....plus those who will be taken up at the second coming of Christ.).
That verse didn`t say anything at all about CONSISTANTLY DISOBEDIANT. It said the DAY you eat, you SHALL SURELY DIE. That verse didn`t say anything at all about the second coming either. The op somehow(though in vain) tried to link satan saying, you shall not die with disproving that God is capable of restoring his creation.

Quote:
I suspect Satan knew about the spiritual death, and that was the purpose of his deceit. He has never wanted anyone to be obedient to God!
I hate to say it, but he is very successful with his deceit, and many are chosing to believe him.
I`m sure of that, my friend.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:18 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,506,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
Why is it that those who oppose universalism so strongly seem actually happy about eternal hell?

Just an observation.
Says something about their spirt IMO. They want to believe they belong to a special club. It`s all about them.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:23 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,339,988 times
personally I can't see the connection between universalism and Genesis 3:4

For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. (1Co. 15:21)

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die

this does rather refer to "immortal soulism" in my opinion than the scriptural doctrine of the reconciliation of the whole (Col. 1:20)

the doctrine of everlasting torment is rather based on the devil's lie than universalism.

Do Human Beings Have an Immortal Soul (Genesis 3:4)?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:25 AM

14,911 posts, read 17,223,400 times
Quote:
Well, ShanaB, our God is the Saviour of all mankind, and those who are His "especially", gladly proclaim it in their worship of Him who declares He will be all in all!

YouTube - Michael W. Smith - A New Hallelujah

Amen, Birdy, Amen! God bless.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:31 AM

428 posts, read 801,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Says something about their spirt IMO. They want to believe they belong to a special club. It`s all about them.
Luke 9:51-56 (New American Standard Bible)

51When the days were approaching for His ascension, He was determined to go to Jerusalem;
52and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him.
53But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem.
54When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?"
55But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; 56 for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them."] And they went on to another village.

BibleGateway.com - Passage*Lookup: Luke 9:51-56;;

Old 06-19-2009, 08:39 AM

14,911 posts, read 17,223,400 times
Thank you, Father, may all that has breath praise your Holy Name, lift Your Name in the earth, all that You have created. We give You the glory and the praise. We believe that Your will will be done in all the earth, and look for the day when all bow in reverence and sing praises to Your Holy Name. Thank you for giving Your precious Son to redeem us, Father. You have the power and the glory. We give You the glory...

Old 06-19-2009, 08:54 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,712,197 times
Quote:
Thank you, Father, may your people continue to praise your Holy Name, lift your name in the earth, all that You have created. We give you the glory and the praise. We believe that Your will, will be done in all the earth, and look for the day when we bow in reverence and sing praises to Your Holy Name. Thank you for giving Your precious Son to redeem us, Father. You have the power and the glory. We give You the glory...
Amen

Psalm 44:4-8
You are (our) my King, O God; command victories for Jacob. Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. (We) I will not trust in (our) my bow, nor shall (our) my sword to save (us) me. But you have saved (us) me from our enemies, and put to shame those who hate us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:55 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,297,909 times
Good morning from June!

Here's the drill, again, as always:

JUNE HATES TO HAVE TO CLOSE THREADS, so it's entirely up to you folks. Any more personal attacks on one another, and the thread goes.

...And her mantra: "And June really hates to have to close threads."

It's Friday. Be nice!

Thanks,

-June

Old 06-19-2009, 09:05 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,905,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
There were actually two types of death spoken of in the Genesis account, The first was spiritual death, the second physical death. Those who are consistantly disobedient will die the spiritual death, all of mankind dies the physical death, (with very few exceptions.....plus those who will be taken up at the second coming of Christ.).
All mankind dies spiritual death as well. Unless you think being dead in tresspasses and sins is yet a third kind of death neither spiritual nor physical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity