Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,581,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
We don't need a lexicon. We can just look at scripture.
  • Jesus came to save that which was apollumi. (Matthew 18:11)
  • The prodigal son was apollumi and dead but then his Father had mercy on him and he came back to life after he repented from within a state of being apollumi
  • Which of you will not leave 99 sheep to go find the one which is apollumi until he find it?
  • Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was apollumi
  • I am not sent but unto the apollumi (past tense) sheep of the house of Israel
That is nice but I was point out the fact that Svem only gave ONE definition. I have no clue where you are going with those verses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 02:56 PM

702 posts, read 1,007,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
We don't need a lexicon. We can just look at scripture.
  • Jesus came to save that which was apollumi. (Matthew 18:11)
  • The prodigal son was apollumi and dead but then his Father had mercy on him and he came back to life after he repented from within a state of being apollumi
  • Which of you will not leave 99 sheep to go find the one which is apollumi until he find it?
  • Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was apollumi
  • I am not sent but unto the apollumi (past tense) sheep of the house of Israel
This is an example of decisively playing "The Lexicon Game" (something the lazy particularly like to deride.) Now, unless you are stiff-necked and stubborn against the truth, you will not resort to this false argument ever again.

2 Corintians 5:13-21 (AV)...
13 For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

To teach ceaseless torture for ever, there's no constraint of the love of God in that! Without seeing the unalterable death of Christ is absolute judgement upon all in Adam or Adam's world, even what God had blessed there, you neither know Christ or humankind in any depth. Either crucified or as a quickening Spirit, Christ ascended to fill all with himself. The foundation has been laid in history. It is the foundation of the new creation, the new heavens and the new earth. It is the person of Christ Jesus Himself, dead, buried, risen and ascended as Lord of All. It affects everything everywhere. Some are already aware of it. Eventually "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess, that Jesus Christ is Lord, to th eglory of God the Father!" They will be there, resurrected from the dead, facing a resurrected immortal, incorruptible Jesus in the glory of the Father upon the throne that rules over all. And He says, "...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Rm 10:9, AV)

Why would anyone want to explain this away? Hate it and say you are deceived for believing it? Say that you are a liar and damned to everlasting torture if you teach this to others? Why? What kind of person wants there to be ceaseless torture for ever?

Old 06-26-2009, 08:20 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,393,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Luke 13:3: "But except ye repent, ye shall likewise perish"

Or does the word, "perish" mean something like temporary separation from God and then eventual restoration? The twisting of Biblical verses by UR's is truly breaththaking!
What that verse have to do with the non imputation of sin ? If God has not imputed sin to ones charge, how can they perish for it ?

rom 4:

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Luke 19:10

the same word in Greek as perish

btw, perish doesn't mean to everlastingly live in hell? - English is not my mother tonque though it rather seems to mean to die.
He came to save that which was lost, not all that are lost..

Old 06-26-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
He came to save that which was lost, not all that are lost..
That little last bit, the add on: ("He came to save)...not all that are lost." Did you catch it? NOT WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE!!!

Make your confession of faith with the actual words God chose to make His revelation known. If important, verify from the original languages.

You are like the Pharisees of old, walking in the footsteps of the men who went before you, rather than seeking out the book of the Lord to follow Him yourself. You murmer and complain if we would receive sinners!

Luke 15:1-7 (AV)...
1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.
2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,
4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

About vs.9, John the Forerunner said it: "Behold, the Lamb of God which carries away the sin of the world!"

NINETY AND NINE + ONE = ?
Arithmetic not one of your strong points? 99+1=100. Perhaps Jesus failed to choose His words wisely. So misleading! Now we must explain away why He says HE CHOSE TO SAVE 100%!!!

Perhaps, like vs.6, you should, "Call together your friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me, for I have good news for you! Some among you are going to be tortured ceaselessly for ever!"

Old 06-26-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Though its often neglected, but one of the eternal truthes of the Gospel of God, and one in which paul preached in his gospel, is that of the non imputation of sin towards the chosen, the elect, the church or Gods world..2 cor 5:

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Not imputing their [the elect world, the church] their trespasses unto them..

Another key verse is rom 4:

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Wow He wont impute sin nor will He impute trespasses of certain people..

This basically means, God will not take them unto account against them..

The reason being, is That God purposed to punish Jesus christ their surety for their sins and transgressions..

[omit. . .]

Remember, 2 cor 5 19 is Just as much part of the gospel message paul preached to the corinthians as 1 cor 15:3-4 is..
(Remember, "elect" is transliterated English for the Greek, electoi, meaning "chosen.")

You quote a little Bible, then make your little remark confining the forgiveness of sins to the elect. Why is it you have to either insert your little comment or stop the verse and continue with your little comment in order to make you little point? Surely if it is WRITTEN you can quote chapter and verse where it says something to the effect "Christ died only for the chosen." Or on the other had, chapter and verse for, "Christ did not die for 'unbelievers,' or, 'the wicked,' or, [whoever it is you mean to exclude.]"

As for your unbiblical statement, "God will not impute sins to His elect (lit., chosen)" you might look up Psalm 99 or consider: "For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Hb 10:30-31, AV)

Old 06-26-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
That little last bit, the add on: ("He came to save)...not all that are lost." Did you catch it? NOT WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE!!!

Make your confession of faith with the actual words God chose to make His revelation known. If important, verify from the original languages.

You are like the Pharisees of old, walking in the footsteps of the men who went before you, rather than seeking out the book of the Lord to follow Him yourself. You murmer and complain if we would receive sinners!

Luke 15:1-7 (AV)...
1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.
2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,
4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

About vs.9, John the Forerunner said it: "Behold, the Lamb of God which carries away the sin of the world!"

NINETY AND NINE + ONE = ? Arithmetic not one of your strong points? 99+1=100. Perhaps Jesus failed to choose His words wisely. So misleading! Now we must explain away why He says HE CHOSE TO SAVE 100%!!!

Perhaps, like vs.6, you should, "Call together your friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me, for I have good news for you! Some among you are going to be tortured ceaselessly for ever!"
Right, Jesus came to save his church, his wife..not the seed of the devil..

eph 5:

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church [that], and gave himself for it;

Old 06-26-2009, 10:05 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,206,259 times
1 John 2

1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

God bless.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Ephesians 2:1-18 (AV)...
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience(lit., stubbornness):
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation (lit., manner of life) in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Is this so hard to understand?
1 ...who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience(lit., stubbornness):
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation (lit., manner of life) in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
1 John 2

1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

God bless.
Excuse me , John is not writing to those who he considers the children of the devil..Jesus christ is not the advocate for satan and His seed, for He hates them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity